Game Mechanics [Sprites] Fluorescent light beams

Dang I hope this gets into 1.3.1!

On a side note how would you obtain rose quartz/onyx/azure? Also what would happen if you painted a lens or gemspark block?

Dang I hope this gets into 1.3.1!

On a side note how would you obtain rose quartz/onyx/azure? Also what would happen if you painted a lens or gemspark block?

Painting the Gemspark block would not chnage the color of the beam, that was already established in the OP

As for the Lens, I have an idea about painting them would make the paint acts as a filter, coloring the beam (either to a different tint so to avoid making the colored gemspark blocks redundant or blending the colors, I'm excluding the black lens because its point in this was to invert the color of the beam.)

Bear in mind, I am not @Snickerbobble so the painted lens idea is not "canon" yet (The black lens part is though).

True, we don't want terraria to be too...
200.gif
I was replying to another person, and even though you got the statement the wrong way, this is so true.

I support this with an extreme amount of passion.
Could we also make lasers that hurt players? It would be nice for having to solve puzzles, or things like that.

How about crafting more powerful lenses capable of damaging enemies? Auto-target laser turrets crafted with super-powerful lenses and late/endgame materials? The possibilities are limitless with science! (Everyone knows science is all lasers, explosives, and extremely deadly chemicals.) Wow... I just realized just how much of a mad scientist I really am... Huh. Hmm... maybe have a computer chip item either dropped from enemies in Martian Madness or crafted from Luminite that's used to make automated turrets of various types... Have a super-powerful lens crafted with 20 lenses, 2 black lenses, and 5 crystals that gives an extremely bright, extremely thin laser that damages enemies for 3 health every game tick but can't stay on very long(?)... Be able to craft crude lenses from glass that give off a duller, weaker laser... I could go on. Lasers are one of my favorite sciencey things. They're right up there with handheld portal devices.

Back
Top Bottom