Votes: 1 0.5%
  • It's not needed.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 4 1.9%

• Total voters

JoeReturns

Terrarian
Hello y'all, and welcome to my suggestion :)

Timothy hay: [Sprite soon]

Timothy is an item that Summons a ride-able guinea pig.
It is obtained by farming grass with a sickle, it has a 0.1% (1/1000) chance of dropping.
Tooltip "Summons a rideable Guinea Pig mount".

Buff:
Guinea_Pig_mount.png

Buff "tooltip": "Your Guinea Pig is craving Timothy Hay"

Guinea pig Mount:

(bigger image)
Joe and Guinea bigger.png
(Ingame size)
Joe and Guinea.png

The Guinea pig mount is similar to the Bunny mount, with a few exceptions.
When riding the Guinea Pig, you can run a little bit slower than the Bunny mount, and jump a little higher than the normal player jump.
The mount does not protect you from fall damage! If the Guinea pig is damaged, it will make a loud distinctive squeak.

The mount also has a special feature. If you stand still for 5 seconds, the Guinea pig will begin eating grass, like the Reindeer Mount. Although, when it eats the grass, it gives you hay. Also, if you place hay and stand near the hay while mounted, if will eat the hay and not give you the block. While eating the grass, the Mount will make a purring sound.

SPECIAL FEATURE:

If the Guinea Pig eats 5 blocks of hay "Energy mode" will be activated and the Guinea pig will double the normal speed for 30 seconds. It will also jump twice as high! (Be careful, jump too high and you'll die!)

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks for reading my suggestion, all comments are welcome.
Joe_smile.png

Also, a very big thank you to @Molos Elethros for the Mount sprites! (Not the buff sprite)

Support the suggestion? Copy and paste this into your signature!
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-guinea-pig-mount.11758/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/guineapig-png.28382/[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Concept seems a bit unimaginative, and a tad unoriginal too, it being a mount suggestion. I mean, I like the concept itself, who doesn't like guinea pigs?, but the different aspects of the suggestion make it a little unnecessary of something to have. As well as that, it almost seems as if you didn't plan this whatsoever. For me it felt like you just put new ideas one after the after, without elaboration, and there to have some sort of function and expansion. It just didn't work out.

Sorry, but no support.

Concept seems a bit unimaginative, and a tad unoriginal too, it being a mount suggestion. I mean, I like the concept itself, who doesn't like guinea pigs?, but the different aspects of the suggestion make it a little unnecessary of something to have. As well as that, it almost seems as if you didn't plan this whatsoever. For me it felt like you just put new ideas one after the after, without elaboration, and there to have some sort of function and expansion. It just didn't work out.

Sorry, but no support.
It may seem like I put new ideas one after another, but I didn't.
I can't argue with your opinion though, because it's an opinion and the points are valid.

I like this a lot! The sprite would look even better if the rider lift his arms as screeming "wheeeeeeeeeee!" while in movement

Also, I know it would look cool if he lifted his arms in the air, but non of the other mounts do that, so neither will this one.

Why does it have to be as other mounts? Guinea pigs are special :p

Anyway, it's your suggestion after all, good job with the turbo energy idea!
Unfortunately, Guinea pigs don't come with seatbelts, so putting your arms in the air would be kinda dangerous.
Anyway, Thanks :D

If you could do that. I would see this coming:

Warning points- 9999.
Reason- Guinea pigs are not rollercoasters.

Unfortunately, Guinea pigs don't come with seatbelts, so putting your arms in the air would be kinda dangerous.
Anyway, Thanks :D
If you could do that. I can see this coming:

Warning points- 9999.
Reason- Guinea pigs are not rollercoasters.

I'm reporting this just to see it...

The Plastic Ball buff item is misleading. Guinea Pigs should not be put in plastic balls. It is harmful to the structure of their back. Guinea pigs require neither plastic balls nor exercise wheels.
I know it is harmful.
But someone mentioned to me that it doesn't matter, because Queen bee drops craft a hornet staff.

But now thinking of it, I'll go back to the "Timothy hay" idea.

EDIT: I edited the OP

Back
Top Bottom