Game Mechanics [Sprites] Hammer slope toggle

Snickerbobble

The Painter
When you left click with the Grand Design, you get this little pop up menu:

Player.png

Super convenient, but what if hammers also had this left click ability for slope making?

pY0o29r.png

It could look something like this. You'll then get to click 1 of 9 options on how to shape your block, that way when sloping multiple blocks one after another, you only have to click on each block once, rather than 2 or 8 or more times for every tile. Adding the other half blocks would only require more clicking per block, but this would solve that issue, just a single click needed. The middle button will shape tiles back to full blocks.

Only one option can be selected at once, so when another is selected, the previous becomes deselected. Click an option again to disable it which will return the hammer's ability like it is now, which slopes the block depending on those adjacent to it.

If another button was added to completely disable hammer ability, it could be possible to bring back the Hamdrax and have some other 3 in 1 tools, to save inventory space. Turn hammer function off to mine blocks, enable hammer power to shape blocks and knock out walls.

Sometimes shaping blocks can take awhile, so seeing how the Grand Design works, borrowing that idea hammering can be made much more easy.

It's a good idea and the spritework is great as usual but I would make that feature either exclusive to higher tier hammers or enabled through some new (later game & perhaps combinable) accessory that allows the use of tools in such a customized way. IMO part of why the multiwrench and the Grand Design is really nice to finally have is that it changes things up a bit from the inconvenience you're used to, to giving you some cool GUI based advanced tool, and you appreciate it more. This is why I think GUI tools shouldn't be available until later in the game. The accessory idea would allow this feature to be used with the humble wooden hammer while respecting the steady climb up the tech tree.

I thought of the same thing but i had hadnt sen that yet. I wasn't sure how it would work tho. (Wanted a every version one. Even mobile

Pretty good solution to HOIKs, though, in my opinion, it's better to leave an option of choosing multiple types of slopes, to cycle through them. This will be useful for fast double-sided HOIKs.
Didn't know that this idea for the hammer was suggested before me, so, made entire thread with menus like this, and then first reply says it's been suggested before, looks like I'm too slow with making sprites :D

I tried building something recently. All the clicking to get everything built the way I wanted it to be was irritating.

How did this thread die off so soon? This would be a huge quality of life change.

I think this would be most helpful on mobile, since you don't actually click to cycle between slope types, you press and hold on the block, and that makes it more time consuming to get the right slope cause you can't see through your finger

I think this would be most helpful on mobile, since you don't actually click to cycle between slope types, you press and hold on the block, and that makes it more time consuming to get the right slope cause you can't see through your finger
Ik, it drives me crazy, there's a few things they need to fix.

So cool! I would turn OFF all the options (just like you can in the Grand Design) to not accidentaly change stuff in my house xD

this is actually a good idea for a hammer that would have those options, something like an "auto-hammer", because you wouldn't have to hit the blocks more than 1 time to get your shape, you could only hit then once and its done automatically, get it?

Really cool idea, but i would rather see it on only 1 hammer, also, 3 of the forms on the sprite don't actually exist, it would be strange to see something like that comimg out from a wooden hammer.

sure it would seem a little weird for a wooden hammer especially for that of and early privilege in the game so maybe we can put this feature above the wooden hammer say maybe around the Molten Hamaxe or the Meteor Hamaxe that might be a good idea for this feature it would make the game a lot easier Then again devs are trying to make there game more realistic so well leave it for them to decide weather this idea should be carried on in to developing

Well, why not? All it does is make sloping easier, and it could even allow 3-in-1 tools to come back.

Awesome suggestion! This would make building much easier! Though I feel that this ability should be gated behind some kind of accessory, kind of like the grand-design.

Back
Top Bottom