Items [Sprites] Hidden Hearts: Rethinking health progression

i agree with all of this, but not the new placed buff items. i think we have too many buffs as it is, and adding even more that aren't even consumed upon use would wreck the balance even further, in my opinion.

Now all we need is permanent health over 500, like post-plantera or post-golem
post-fishron would be useless since you can use pre hardmode gear and a skybridge to kill him

This may sound whiny, but the only part of this I have problems with is the hallow biome heart's pickpower necessity. I understand if you don't want an early game usuality in health to be accessible until hardmode, but not even until after mining for multiple hours in hardmode territory? 300 health wont last me until that point.

Its weird how you never realized you needed something until you saw it. THIS MUST BE IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW

(Seriously, looking at this, the golden hearts look kind of bad. They must resprite them)

Just a thought: Maybe resprite the Life Crystal to go with the Mana Crystal in your Fallen Star Furniture thread? It doesn't work for me that they don't look alike anymore.

I love this idea, it would completely balance out health, and offer a more challenging game? The furniture is innovative and would help in arenas. Also, love the sprites.

I like the idea of spreading health progression throughout the game, and those new buff items would be pretty cool as well. However, there's still a few areas that I think should be improved with this. For one thing, this would be extremely linear for a sandbox game like Terraria (assuming you can't use the next set of hearts until you complete the last set). I also noticed that despite the increased variety, all the hearts are still obtained by finding them randomly underground instead of new ideas, like having them drop from rare enemies or bosses, or collecting them from specific locations in the game.

I love it! Howevor, I do have one tiny problem. I'm a noob. Many people, like me, may not be very experienced and may need the 400 health to fight the wall. I mean, I have nothing against 200 health against BoC and EoW, and 300 health for skeletron, but the wall? That might be a tad bit hard. Also, 300 health is not enough for entering hardmode. I'm all for it, though!

index.php

I wonder, are those molten hearts?

Breaking them must be Bad? I think you've got the methage across.
I support this, because anything that fixes progression is good. It also adds more challenge to the PHM bosses, and some new buff lanterns.
I also like the sprites. A lot.
It was late :dryadconfused: Changed the tooltip a bit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom