Blocks & Decoration [Sprites] Ice Chests as Coolers

Snickerbobble

The Painter
Ice_Chest.png
->
nCkDCMc.png

Coolers are also called ice chests, and the current Ice Chest is a recolor of the normal Chest. With the graphic of a real world ice chest, Ice Chests could become greatly more useful in builds. At the park, at the beach, or in your backyard, an Ice Chest could fit perfectly!

Cf2SoAc.gif

Of course, Ice Chest Mimics would need to copy the new Ice Chest. Bottles as teeth, and ice cubes as foam! How vicious.

Frozen_Chair.png
Frozen_Table.png
Frozen_Door.png
Ice_Chest.png
?
Currently the ice furniture set is missing a chest, so it should receive one that more fits with the rest of the furniture, unlike the current Ice Chest.

I love the concept. I will have to wait until the weekend to actually be able to see what the cooler looks like, but nice.

Support. Would also be an easy way to give the ice furniture set a chest, as all they would need to do would give ice chests a recipe and change ice chests in generated worlds to coolers. (Not ones made before if this was implemented.))

Ice_Chest.png
->
nCkDCMc.png

Coolers are also called ice chests, and the current Ice Chest is a recolor of the normal Chest. With the graphic of a real world ice chest, Ice Chests could become greatly more useful in builds. At the park, at the beach, or in your backyard, an Ice Chest could fit perfectly!

Cf2SoAc.gif

Of course, Ice Chest Mimics would need to copy the new Ice Chest. Bottles as teeth, and ice cubes as foam! How vicious.

Frozen_Chair.png
Frozen_Table.png
Frozen_Door.png
Ice_Chest.png
?
Currently the ice furniture set is missing a chest, so it should receive one that more fits with the rest of the furniture, unlike the current Ice Chest.

I'm Everybody, and I approve this message.

Well, all chests are recolors of chests, really. All but maybe a small few. A cooler would be pretty cool (Pun not intended), but I don't think they should replace Ice Chests as a whole.

I think this is cool. It just shouldn't replace Ice Chests in general.
Well, all chests are recolors of chests, really. All but maybe a small few. A cooler would be pretty cool (Pun not intended), but I don't think they should replace Ice Chests as a whole.
But then we'd miss out on the ice cooler mimic! :dryadtongue:

When I use same colour from Ice Chest on your Freezer:
It look more cooooolerView attachment 45132
And yeahh we must get of rid of recolored sprites? Remember those?: View attachment 45133 View attachment 45134
That does look chillier. I don't know how that'd look on the beach, though.

Excuse me but why you keep swords and sled and skate boots in a cooler box. Yeah that's what Terraria is but it haunts me.

But I like that chest recolor. :dryadcry:

I'm all for more chests, but not to replacing the current Ice Chest with this. Maybe a different redesign? And a rename? Snow Chest instead of Ice? And we can add a different Ice-themed chest to match the furniture set.

Or another Safe/Piggy Bank? I'd rather take it and go out than leave it at home.

I'm Everybody, and I approve this message.
Whoa! Everybody likes your suggestion! :p

I think the cooler should fit more with the ice furniture theme, and I think that there is a suggestion about food spoiling that the cooler could help against!

The poor kid who's mom forces him to put his turtle in an icebox. I do not think this would fit current Ice Chest loot. Maybe just make it craftable?

I'm with the people who agree that this is cool, but seeing a cooler chilling in an ice cave with weapons and footwear instead of drinks would be pretty weird, even for Terraria.

I think this would be really... cool. Support. Already existing Ice Chests should remain the same, but should be craftable out of Ice Blocks and Iron/Lead Bars instead of generating.

I believe they may of used recoloured sprites to save on memeory here and there, but if they do add it it'd be great. I don't think that many people will miss the old, I assume they'd be some but alas; we can't all be made happy.

I don't get why people are saying it doesn't make any sense for weapons to be stored in an ice box, does it make anymore sense to put a sword into a piggy bank? Also, I'm working on an idea for new sprites for a few chests right now, I was wondering if it was fine with you snickerbobble if I mentioned this thread in the post? Because I think it fits perfectly into it as a replacement for the ice chest.

Back
Top Bottom