Weapons & Equip [Sprites] Magma Tier

What do you think? (Also choose which gun you like better)

• Total voters
The legs seem to single class based. Why not make alternates/incorporate these into one, so that there is reduced man's usage, reduced ammo usage, and faster melee speed. That would make more sense to me.

Other than that, this seems pretty cool.
That's an excellent point.png

I'll probably end up incorporating them all into one pair of leggings, I don't want this armor to have variations.

@Loki, could you change the title so it has "[Sprites]" before the name?

Last edited:
165% axe power
Chops trees down in one hit
I think I'll have to explain how this thing works. Trees have 500% HP, which means that you would need an Axe with 500% Axe Power to one-shot a tree. 165% isn't even enough to fell a Cactus in one swing (although it is close; Cacti have 170% HP).

Anyways, this looks cool and all (really, it does, don't think you did anything less that a good job), but it would be better suited for a mod. This would overload on the amount of content you get from the Hardmode Dungeon. Other than that, the amount of Obsidian farming you would have to to make all of this is slightly nuts.

One last thing: The gun should be called "Volcanic Magnum."

I think I'll have to explain how this thing works. Trees have 500% HP, which means that you would need an Axe with 500% Axe Power to one-shot a tree. 165% isn't even enough to fell a Cactus in one swing (although it is close; Cacti have 170% HP).

Anyways, this looks cool and all (really, it does, don't think you did anything less that a good job), but it would be better suited for a mod. This would overload on the amount of content you get from the Hardmode Dungeon. Other than that, the amount of Obsidian farming you would have to to make all of this is slightly nuts.
wait.. how would it overload dungeon stuff since its giving the same item you get from the dungeon a use , hes not introducing a new drop from dungeon enemies to craft them . Hes giving old ones a new use. Plus ectoplasm has little purpose to characters that arent using mage.

I see I failed to explain this fully. What I meant is that the axe cuts only trees down with one hit, other things like mushroom trees and cacti are affected by the 165% axe power. I'll clear that up in the OP.

wait.. how would it overload dungeon stuff since its giving the same item you get from the dungeon a use , hes not introducing a new drop from dungeon enemies to craft them . Hes giving old ones a new use.
He's overloading the net amount of loot/rewards you get from the Hardmode Dungeon.
Plus ectoplasm has little purpose to characters that arent using mage.
It's part of a trinity of endgame armors. Warriors get Beetle and Rangers get Shroomite. There's plenty to want in the Hardmode Dungeon besides Ectoplasm anyhow, for all three classes.

I see I failed to explain this fully. What I meant is that the axe cuts only trees down with one hit, other things like mushroom trees and cacti are affected by the 165% axe power. I'll clear that up in the OP.
Well then that's just silly. Something as weak as a cactus and a soft as a mushroom should get run all the way through by a giant magma axe if a much thicker and more solid tree does...

Well then that's just silly. Something as weak as a cactus and a soft as a mushroom should get run all the way through by a giant magma axe if a much thicker and more solid tree does...
What do you suggest I do then? I'm looking to make an axe that is really powerful, but still keeps The Axe at top tier.

Logic =/= Terraria.
There is no such thing as gravity. You can be underwater for an unlimited amount of time without drowning. Pickaxes are used to drink water, not mining. Getting attacked by enemies has no effect on how long you'll live. Grass doesn't grow. There is no day/night. There is not magma at the center/bottom of the world. Touching something hot doesn't burn you. Poison doesn't have any affect on your health. Diving Gear doesn't let you stay underwater longer than you otherwise would. You instantly reach maximum velocity while running; there's no such thing as acceleration.

Yeah. Totally. No logic in Terraria whatsoever. Absolutely nothing sounds like anything logical from real life.
I hate the "Terraria doesn't have logic so your logical argument should be disregarded" argument.

What do you suggest I do then? I'm looking to make an axe that is really powerful, but still keeps The Axe at top tier.
First of all, since Trees are the #1 thing that players use an Axe on, the Magmax is already outclassing The Axe. If I were you, I'd play by the rules; make it stronger than the Axe, but significantly slower as well. Something that fells trees in two hits but hits half as often is slower than something that fells trees in three quick hits, and takes twice as long to chop down a row of Cacti.

Last edited:
First of all, since Trees are the #1 thing that players use an Axe on, the Magmax is already outclassing The Axe. If I were you, I'd play by the rules; make it stronger than the Axe, but significantly slower as well. Something that fells trees in two hits but hits half as often is slower than something that fells trees in three quick hits, and takes twice as long to chop down a row of Cacti.
Alright, sounds good. I'll fix it.

Back
Top Bottom