Do you like this idea?

• Yeah!

Votes: 27 96.4%
  • No, and I can tell you why.

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Basically, I think that marbles would be a nice addition to the throwing class. They would be a lot like spiky balls, but would have the following physics applied to them.

Can roll over blocks 2 feet high
Will gain velocity going downhill
Will lose velocity going uphill
Can reach speeds of 25 MpH

When launched by the player, they will start off at 10 MpH.

They are crafted as so;

Marble.png

Marble x25
Smooth_Marble_Block.png
x1

9 Damage
1 Knockback
14 Critical
18 Use Time
Velocity Varies

They would have a 20% chance of breaking after they have delt damage 3 times. Otherwise they would pop off and become an item after those 3 times or after 20 seconds of being left on the ground.

Are the basic physics of marbles clear? Hopefully so.

Now for the 5 new special marbles, plus a new accessory and item.

Pink_Marble.png

Pink Marble x50
Marble.png
x50
Pink_Gel.png
x1

8 Damage
9 Knockback
14 Critical
18 Use Time
Velocity Varies

These special marbles, smeared with pink gel, become extremely bouncy and follow similar physics to that of any other object covered in pink gel.

Red_Marble.png

Red Marble x50
Marble.png
x50
Hellstone_Bar.png
x1

16 Damage
5 Knockback
15 Critical
18 Use Time
Velocity Varies

These red marbles, coated in hellstone, will set any enemies they touch on fire and explode into fiery sharpel when they expire.

Yellow_Marble.png

Yellow Marble x50
Marble.png
x50
Bottled_Honey.png
x1

15 Damage
2 Knockback
14 Critical
18 Use Time
Velocity Varies

These marbles, covered in honey, attract 1-2 bees upon contact with enemies.

Green_Marble.png

Green Marble x50
Marble.png
x50
Vile_Powder.png
/
Vicious_Powder.png
x1

12 Damage
3 Knockback
18 Critical
18 Use Time
Velocity Varies

These marbles, coated in vile or vicious powder, will poison any enemy they touch.

Cyan_Marble.png

Cyan Marble x25
Marble.png
x25
Ice_Torch.png
x1

10 Damage
4 Knockback
13 Critical
18 Use Time
Velocity Varies

These special blue marbles, lit aflame with an ice torch, will inflict Frostburn on any enemies it touches.

Blue_Marble.png

Blue Marble x20
Marble.png
x20
Gel.png
x1

10 Damage
4 Knockback
8 Critical
18 Use Time
Velocity Varies

These marbles, coated in blue gel, will stick to any surface they touch until an enemy makes contact with it, upon which it will pop off at high speeds and begin to roll about.

Purple_Marble.png

Purple Marble x30
Marble.png
x30 x1

35 Damage
5 Knockback
16 Critical
18 Use Time
Velocity Varies

These marbles, covered in crystals from the underground hallow, will explode into 5-6 shards upon its expiration that deal 20 damage.

Clear_Marble.png

Clear Marble x20

12 Damage
4 Knockback
8 Critical
18 Use Time
Velocity Varies

These glass marbles will inflict bleeding at a 1/3 chance. They are sold by the merchant on a new moon.

Grey_Marble.png

Grey Marble x30
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
x1
Marble.png
x30

11 Damage
7 Knockback
15 Critical
18 Use Time
Velocity Varies

These metallic marbles gain velocity much faster than regular marbles, and have a higher maximum velocity. They also deal more knockback.

Hope you enjoyed those 8 bonus marbles! Now onto the new item and accessory!

Slingshot.png

Slingshot
Sold by the merchant after the Eye of Cthulhu has been defeated.

The slingshot is an item launches marbles at 20 MpH, 10 miles faster than with just your hand. It fires marbles placed in the ammo slot, or pretty much anywhere else.

Marble_Bag.png

Marble Bag
Sold by the skeleton merchant when the moon is waning.

The marble bag is an accessory that decreases the chance of consuming a marble when it is thrown by 33%, increases the damage of all marbles by 3, and increases the critical strike chance by 10.

index.php

NEW SPRITES

Thanks to @Sergo for these. The first row has my crappy sprites, the 2nd one has sergo's resprites, and the 3rd and 4th row have some possible projectile appearances.

So I hope you enjoyed this suggestion. I personally think that it would be a good new weapon for the pre-hardmode throwing class.

Please post your opinions and constructive feedback below! Also fill out the poll!

Last edited:
This seems like a nifty idea. It would certainly help throwers get a more rich, diverse experience as soon as they can find a marble biome, and I can easily see people rolling marbles downhill to strike at unsuspecting mobs.

Huh. This is more interesting than I was expecting. You could actually get away with even more marble variants, such as glass marbles (more damage, higher chance to break), crystal marbles (like glass ones, but splitting apart ala crystal bullets), etc.

Hellstone marbles, anyone?

Huh. This is more interesting than I was expecting. You could actually get away with even more marble variants, such as glass marbles (more damage, higher chance to break), crystal marbles (like glass ones, but splitting apart ala crystal bullets), etc.

Hellstone marbles, anyone?
I like all of those. I will add them soon. ;)

Have you lost your marbles? :happy:

Great idea, I personally think there should be an achievement by ^that name. You would get it by firing 100 marbles or some other number. Maybe add some marbles dropped by the mechs? The twins marbles would fire two marbles, one would have a spasmatic homing system, and the other would fire lasers when expired. The Skeletron Prime marbles would split into four when expiring, and the destroyer marbles would ignore velocity changes whilst going uphill but do more damage and have more speed than the others.

Weird, I was thinking about making a thread about marbles when I saw this... Anyway, great idea! (The marbles I was thinking of were more fun items, with tracks and such)

I like this suggestion a lot. But it seems like marble kinda go outta use in the end game.

Clorophyte marble (Homes in.)

Hallowed marble (Deals bonus damage to unholy enemies. Crimson, Corrupt, etc)

Shroomite marble (Glows, Confuses hit enemies.)

Spectre marble (Can pass through walls.)

Cursed marble (Inflicts cursed flame)

Ichor marble (Inflicts ichor.)

I want a luminite marble, and I want it NOW!!!!!!

Oh yeah other ideas,

Shroomite marbles- confuses

Spectre marbles- heals on hit

Chlorophyte marbles- home

Keep up the good work :D

Back
Top Bottom