NPCs & Enemies [Sprites] Mechanical Cultists. Trust me.

Great idea,the sprites are awesome,same thing with the accesories and the staff is......really nice,but tim spawns more if you are near the underworld so the spawn rate should be same as the Nymph spawn rate,in two words:I Support

I agree to everything except for the cultist spawn. Maybe it should be that it spawns alongside 2 of its respective mech?

I like pretty much everything about it. Seems to fit well with the game, and personally, I wouldn't mind another mechanical boss or two. (or three).

Those blueprint sprites are friggin' amazing by the way, I'd kill to have those in game.

I would recommend mechanized skeletons. And melee, range, and magic for other types of cultists. For trajectory, I think straight line/ distance would do. Or some robot worker would do as well.
Melee: A yoyo hat shoot two laser occasionally. Drop by skeletron cultists.
Range: A gun that turns any bullet into cursed flame bullet, and laser (magic) as reward for hitting enemies. Drop by eye cultists.
Magic: Damage enemies around cursor and cause confusion. Drop by brain cultists.

Now normally when i hear an idea with "mechanical" ,i instantly wanna blow my brains out but the decent presenation and sprites seduced me into liking this a lot.
PS. Not a bad idea

The sprites are amazing.
The drops are great.
The blueprints. need i say more?

I personally think that even though the art is amazing and it's clear that you spent a lot of time in it, I feel that the mystery of the mechs is something that, if explained, would kinda be tarnished a bit.
Even though, this stuff is really, really good. Support. ;)
images (1).jpg

The title got you here, didn't it? I figured. The idea here is that the Mechanical Bosses just seem to appear, with no backstory or real apparent reason for existing. Terraria has not official lore, but most thing have a certain internal logic. Or a certain internal Relogic, if you prefer. Regardless, the Mechanical Bosses made sort of sense back in 1.1 when they were the endgame, and it was just them. Then we got Plantera and the Golem, and the Lunatic Cultist and the crazy endgame events, all of which are tied together or seem to have some backstory behind them. The Mechs don't really fit in. Maybe this will help.
Mechanical Cultists spawn after their respective Mech is destroyed. They spawn in the Underground and Caverns at about the same rarity as Tim. They spawn standing still, similarly to the Lost Girl, and remove their hood before beginning to attack you when provoked. They all have 2500 Health and deal fairly significant damage, though their attack patterns vary. The Follower of the Brain would spawn after all three native Mechs have been destroyed on a Corruption world, and the Worshipper of the Worm would do the same on Crimson worlds. All drops are guaranteed.

Note: As there is no canon Mechanical BoC, I have based my ideas off of @Zoomo 's suggestion for The Motherboard. The name of the Soul differs from his proposal. Because I'm a rebel.

First we have the Acolyte of the Eyes, who attacks by constantly summoning Mechanical Eyes to attack you and teleports like a caster enemy. The Mechanical Eyes are comparable to Servants of Cthulhu in AI and relative strength. Drops: 1 Gold, Mechanical Eye, 3-7 Hallowed Bars, 5-10 Souls of Sight, Twins Blueprint, Trajectoreye, Hood of the Eyes, Mechanical Cultist Robes
Next we have the Devotee of the Skull. He attacks by throwing bouncing metal skulls at you and running/teleporting around like a Chaos Elemental. Drops: 1 Gold, Mechanical Skull, 3-7 Hallowed Bars, 5-10 Souls of Fright, Skeletron Prime Blueprint, Steel Skull, Hood of the Skull, Mechanical Cultist Robes
Next to last, the Worshipper of the Worm attacks by burrowing through blocks towards you like a worm enemy. He should have the highest defense to compensate for this strategy. Drops: 1 Gold, Mechanical Worm, 3-7 Hallowed Bars, 5-10 Souls of Might, Destroyer Blueprint, Mechanical Worm Staff, Hood of the Worm, Mechanical Cultist Robes
And finally, the Follower of the Brain, who floats in the air like the Lunatic Cultist, summons Signal Drones and bounces a hitscan laser beam around them. Drops: 1 Gold, Mechanical Brain, 3-7 Hallowed Bars, 5-10 Souls of Insight, Motherboard Blueprint, Command Amplifier, Hood of the Brain, Mechanical Cultist Robes
Now for some loot:
View attachment 73319
The Trajectoreye is an Accessory which shows the path of the currently selected weapon's projectiles as a dotted red line for ranged/magic weapons and as a arc-shaped red gradient for melee. Useful for knowing exactly what homing or splitting projectiles will do. Probably difficult to code.
View attachment 73317
The Steel Skull is another Accessory. It give a +20% increase to defense, useful for endgame builds. Credit for the idea of a %-based defense increase goes to @Battle Bee .
View attachment 73311 View attachment 73310
The Mechanical Worm Staff summons a Mechanical Worm minion which acts similarly to the Stardust Dragon, but deals less damage and has higher knockback (This is actually a nerf because enemies would be knocked out of the way of the damage). Ideally, it would prefer to stay in blocks and lunge out of them to attack. It can also fly using small Cursed Flame boosters.
View attachment 73306
The Command Amplifier is also an Accessory. It gives +5% Minion Damage and causes the Alt button to make all minions attack at the cursor's position.
View attachment 73304
The Bionic Head Implants are the last Accessory. They are made with the Trajectoreye, Steel Skull and Command Amplifier. The effects are combined normally, except that the Steel Skull's percentage increase is reduced to 17%. The higher percentage would be applied first, if both this and the Steel Skull are worn simultaneously.

View attachment 73320 View attachment 73314 View attachment 73307 View attachment 73313
Blueprints act exactly like paintings. They look cool.
Twins Blueprint - 'They can't kill what they can't see. Problem is, they see everything.'
Skeletron Prime Blueprint - 'Fore-warned is four-armed.'
Destroyer Blueprint - 'It is inevitable, but not invincible.'
Motherboard Blueprint - 'So that's how it works.'

View attachment 73704 View attachment 73705 View attachment 73703
The different hoods and the robes are vanity items. The eyes glow in the dark. The hood can also be crafted by hand into the Amorphmechanical Hood, which slowly cycles through several different appearances.

Finally, here are what the different accessories look like when worn.
View attachment 73318View attachment 73327View attachment 73305View attachment 73303
So how'd I do? Anything need rebalancing? Do the sprites need work? How is the idea itself? Tell me.

1.1 - 08/23/15 - Added the Mechanical Cultist Hoods, Robes and the Amorphmechanical Hood.
1.0.6 - 08/22/15 about 30 seconds later - Changed BHI defense increase to 17%.
1.0.5 - 08/22/15 - Changed Steel Skull bonus from flat +4 Defense to +20% increased Defense. BHI gives only a +15% increase to Defense. Original idea thanks to @Battle Bee .
1.0 - 08/21/15 - Added the everything.

This would be kinda hard to fit in to the game.. xD

This would be kinda hard to fit in to the game.. xD
No, it wouldn't really. It's 4 enemies and a few accessories and so forth. Very small potatoes compared with the entirety of the Lunar update. Any comment on the suggestion itself?

I really like this. Though, it would be cool if the acolyte of the eye had a 25% chance of dropping a black lens, making it easier to get the Optic Staff (and sunglasses).

I really like this. Though, it would be cool if the acolyte of the eye had a 25% chance of dropping a black lens, making it easier to get the Optic Staff (and sunglasses).
That's a good idea. It has been added to the OP. Thanks!

I really like the sprites and everything, but I feel the skull item is op. I don't support it, because of mech oversaturation, but I really like the sprites and the way you executed the suggestion.

i for one like everything about this idea. blueprints are my fav part about it followed by the metal skull.

if i had 1 gripe though is that the cosmetic helmets look too similar. maybe make them geometric shapes instead (square, triangle, circle, or whatever).

This is a pretty cool idea, especially since it does explain that they have cultists following them, which is why they appear in the first place. Nice work!

Back
Top Bottom