Weapons & Equip Sprites! - More Celestial-Tier Items

I'd love to see the Stardust Construct staff make into the game!

I can never have enough things to summon!

Helios is the Sun God. Celestial-tier melee weapons are made from Solar Fragment. Make more sense now?
Yep, i know. Helios and Apollo are sun gods. Heck, i even made a suggestion about that!
But you see, hyperion is light god, so somewhat like sun.

Hyperion is a titan and that would kinda make sense as the titan glove is a tanky item (just letting my random thoughts flow through may be wierd)
[DOUBLEPOST=1437708262,1437708172][/DOUBLEPOST]... what am i talking about titan glove just gives knock back and is not tanky, more like wanting to get enemies away from u

Vortex

hQcp64M.png
cqRXyym.png

Nucleus Neutralizer

Damage: 710
Knockback: Strong
Crit Chance: 30%
Use time: 39 (Very Slow)
Tooltip:
Right click to zoom out
"Vaporization, down on an atomic scale."

Bonus: The body parts of enemies killed by this weapon disintegrate and disappear in a blue flash of light after 1/3 of a second. Doesn't need to have its own animations for each and every gib sprite, just a blue flare effect.

An end-game upgrade to the Sniper Rifle, whenever this weapon crits, in addition to the normal critical damage it also deals damage equal to 3% of the enemy's max HP.
Shots fired from this weapon gain a very high velocity similar to the Sniper Rifle, as well as a Vortex-colored trace double the length of Chlorophyte bullets' trace.

I think there would have to be some kind of hard cap on the critical damage boost, since 3% of an enemy's maximum health scaled up to most bosses would be quite overpowered, especially since with vortex armor and a few accessories (such as the sniper scope and destroyer emblem), one can easily reach a 100% critical chance with the existing sniper rifle (which has a base critical chance of 29%). (And even outside of stealth with more accessories/modifiers.) If not a hard cap, then perhaps a different modification, such as critical hits do triple or quadruple the damage (still after defense reductions) instead of the normal doubling.

Percentile damage in a game that has such a wide variety of enemy max HP values is inherently difficult to balance.

I do like the idea of an upgrade to the sniper rifle, since it does seem a bit weak late-game now that a sword, albeit an end-game one, has a higher base damage than it.

I think there would have to be some kind of hard cap on the critical damage boost, since 3% of an enemy's maximum health scaled up to most bosses would be quite overpowered, especially since with vortex armor and a few accessories (such as the sniper scope and destroyer emblem), one can easily reach a 100% critical chance with the existing sniper rifle (which has a base critical chance of 29%). (And even outside of stealth with more accessories/modifiers.) If not a hard cap, then perhaps a different modification, such as critical hits do triple or quadruple the damage (still after defense reductions) instead of the normal doubling.

Percentile damage in a game that has such a wide variety of enemy max HP values is inherently difficult to balance.

I do like the idea of an upgrade to the sniper rifle, since it does seem a bit weak late-game now that a sword, albeit an end-game one, has a higher base damage than it.
Hmm, you're right.
How about a debuff that deals 3% of the max HP over time, rather than instantly?

Updating OP.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437824172,1437823714][/DOUBLEPOST]Slightly buffed Neutralizer base damage, the max HP damage is dealt over time is reduced to 2% from 3%

Banners! Get your banners here!
Fresh from the oven!

b9A9CTU.png

Code:
[url=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-more-celestial-tier-items.25007/][img]http://i.imgur.com/b9A9CTU.png[/img][/url]
1zL6Dbj.png

Code:
[url=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-more-celestial-tier-items.25007/][img]http://i.imgur.com/1zL6Dbj.png[/img][/url]
Just copy-paste the code of the banner you want into your signature. They're 171x66!
I'll do one for a Nebula weapon as well, but not sure about the Stardust Construct.

Melter Trident should eventually expire, otherwise it practically doubles as a summon-weapon tier thorns potion where you just strike 5 times and then go build things.

Maybe grant the guys around 20 seconds before they fade out? Should be long enough, and encourages you to swing it more.

Melter Trident should eventually expire, otherwise it practically doubles as a summon-weapon tier thorns potion where you just strike 5 times and then go build things.

Maybe grant the guys around 20 seconds before they fade out? Should be long enough, and encourages you to swing it more.
It actually expires if you don't have it selected for 10 seconds at a time.
So you can build stuff while the replicas are out, but you will constantly have to switch back to your Trident.

The Dubstep Cannon would be a nice drom from the Moon Lord. Doesn't really fit in among the regular pillar fragment weapons.

DUBSTEPGUNDUBSTEPGUNDUBSTEPGUN BAAAAHHHHHHHHH

*ahem*

The Dubsteb gun should play slightly remixed tiny clips of whatever music is currently playing in the game, if possible.

Also, everything here sounds really fun to use, even with my fanatical mana dependencies (I'm always a Mage :p)

DUBSTEPGUNDUBSTEPGUNDUBSTEPGUN BAAAAHHHHHHHHH

*ahem*

The Dubsteb gun should play slightly remixed tiny clips of whatever music is currently playing in the game, if possible.

Also, everything here sounds really fun to use, even with my fanatical mana dependencies (I'm always a Mage :p)
But still no Tesla gun :(

Back
Top Bottom