Weapons & Equip Sprites! - More Celestial-Tier Items

While I don't know what language or what kind of engine even terraria runs whatsoever, as a programmer and more specifically a game designer, it's possible. But it comes with several issues, to check for that kind of thing you need to create a system the procedurally checks each position for a conjunction of beams which puts stress on the machine, and for those who play terraria with very low spec PCs (I just so happen to have a friend who does run on a machine from about 2004) it would lag it out, in addition to this most commonly being used against hoards of enemies and/or large bosses, which ruins low specs FPS already. Whoever from a balance standpoint because it's endgame the insane power of it is certainly fair. In my "professional" (sorta) opinion it's never gonna happen simply due to how much coding would have to be done to make it work out nicely. But honestly I could be totally wrong so no harm in hoping for it c: (Personally I love the two Solar weapons being a big melee guy, very nice ideas!)
An easier way to implement this in a similar manner, though not perfectly, might be to check to see if another player is using the mirror within a certain distance of the player, using the same check used for team distance measuring, then checking the angle both players are firing at. Give it a set angle of difference like 20 degrees or so, and boost both mirror's homing and mana reduction while both conditions are met, rather than have them intertwine.

K, I'm gonna say that most of the items have WAAAAAYYY too much damage.
Which items, specifically? The Neutralizer is probably maybe definitely overpowered and the Fist has the potential for ridiculous damage, but I don't see anything else that could be too strong.

Support. A banner for the Dubstep Cannon would be awesome.
I think I'll do one sometime. The lack of free time lately means I can't really work on anything.

I gotta say, I like these. I'll try to give an individual judgment for each of them:

Nucleus Neutralizer - I'll be honest, cool as it is - that's some high damage it's got there. Since it's the endgame Sniper Rifle, that's to be expected, and of course there's the slow fire rate to offset it, but add some damage boosting buffs and a nice reforge and it can get nuts pretty quickly - especially with that debuff backing it up if it's going to score crits frequently. But I'm just going off numbers here. I don't actually know how this thing would compare against the existing Celestial stuff. Oh, and I like the idea of the blue flare aesthetic.

MIRV Launcher - No real criticism here; I think it's fairly balanced and seems like fun to use with the splitting rockets. I'd probably use it over Celebration just for the fun of causing explosions everywhere.

Fist of Helios - HELL YEAH! I LOVE IT. I've always wanted to have a genuine punching attack in Terraria. The closest we have right now is using Arkhalis and pretending you're punching at high speeds. But that brings me to my main point for this: Rather than being a sword-type weapon, I say it should be something very similar to that, with rebalances if need be. This is mostly because I'm sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say it would be awesome to punch the crap out of a mob in anime-style; think Dragon Ball, Hokuto no Ken, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. An animation akin to that lends itself to this weapon's mechanics, I think.

Melter Trident - This is also cool! I like the sprite, and that ethereal replica mechanic is interesting. It doesn't really scream 'overpowered' to me either, although I think it might render the Solar Eruption obsolete between itself and Daybreak.

Stellar Mirror - By itself, it's already a cool weapon; I'm a sucker for beams and constant energy streams when it comes to spells in this game. As much as I love the team attack, though, I don't know if it's possible to program that in.

Dubstep Cannon - Literally perfect.

Stardust Construct - I'm loving this as well. I honestly don't like the Rainbow Crystal or the Lunar Portal, but this seems much more useful to me.

And if this makes a difference: These weapons are what convinced me to make an account here. Just so I could give my support. :p Great job!

725 damage?
OP
160 damage and 8 use time?
OP

2OP nerf please
but there aren't enough weapons of the moonlord tier

725 damage?
OP
160 damage and 8 use time?
OP

2OP nerf please
but there aren't enough weapons of the moonlord tier
I don't think you get the balancing counterparts of these weapons.

The 725 damage weapon is a sniper rifle. It is extremely slow.

The helios glove does 160 damage because it is a weapon that requires you to be very close to your enemies.

Fist of Helios - HELL YEAH! I LOVE IT. I've always wanted to have a genuine punching attack in Terraria. The closest we have right now is using Arkhalis and pretending you're punching at high speeds. But that brings me to my main point for this: Rather than being a sword-type weapon, I say it should be something very similar to that, with rebalances if need be. This is mostly because I'm sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say it would be awesome to punch the crap out of a mob in anime-style; think Dragon Ball, Hokuto no Ken, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. An animation akin to that lends itself to this weapon's mechanics, I think.
I still haven't added the "It works like the Arkhalis" part??
Aaaaaaaaaaaaa.

It is supposed to work like the Arkhalis, yeah. I forgot to state that in the OP.

Not sure if you like this, but I had an idea for stardust! Instead of a construct, why not a tiny stardust pillar, since it floats and summons the weavers?

It could have some design traits reminiscent of the Stardust Pillar, in any case. It doesn't have to look exactly like it, but it seems like it could work that way. I'm guessing that the Weavers come out of the top?

Since it can be summoned in the air, I think it also should have something like a thruster on the bottom, or at least make it look like it's floating, because having it just 'stand' there the way it is now feels off.

I'm seeing this thread very late >.>

Anyways, I've looked though it, and enjoyed the read, I really want some more choices in end game weapons. I most likely would like one for every type. :)

However, like some others have pointed out, the Neutraliser's damage is insane, like, the Sniper Rifle itself is already an incredible powerful weapon. which can shoot down a lot in one shot.
I don't really see the need of this weapon upgrade, as I don't even think any enemy, except bosses, can even resist the damage for the debuff to take place.

I'm seeing this thread very late >.>

Anyways, I've looked though it, and enjoyed the read, I really want some more choices in end game weapons. I most likely would like one for every type. :)

However, like some others have pointed out, the Neutraliser's damage is insane, like, the Sniper Rifle itself is already an incredible powerful weapon. which can shoot down a lot in one shot.
I don't really see the need of this weapon upgrade, as I don't even think any enemy, except bosses, can even resist the damage for the debuff to take place.
Hey, thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

As for the Neutralizer, it - especially its debuff - are boss killers, as it actually has less RoF than the regular Sniper Rifle. You're going to be killing bosses in about 50 shots, but it's still going to take a lot of time to do so.
I might lower the damage a little bit more, though.

EDIT: Instead of lowering the damage I increased the use time - it now shoots once per second rather than about 1.6 shots per second, with a tiny buff to damage.

Back
Top Bottom