NPCs & Enemies [Sprites] [NPC] The Kid

What do you think?

• Total voters
How would you know the prices if the kid doesn't talk (Price tags?)?
Also , why would we need this? This is an NPC that sells weapon NOT realated to what he is , he doesn't sell stuff that in any way relates to existing in-game content.
And the toolTips , now , imagine that the player doesn't know what Bastion is , when he'll read the toolTip , he'll be like "Oooh , is this a part of the Terraria lore or something? Maybe it's a peace of information we don't know about the game? Maybe Caelondia is the place we're playing in and Breakers are the evil that made the corruption and crimson?" , a reference should be more subtle , not something that takes a peace of an another game's lore and shows it , Terraria has no lore so some people might think it is maybe a piece of the lore.

How would you know the prices if the kid doesn't talk (Price tags?)?
Also , why would we need this? This is an NPC that sells weapon NOT realated to what he is , he doesn't sell stuff that in any way relates to existing in-game content.
And the toolTips , now , imagine that the player doesn't know what Bastion is , when he'll read the toolTip , he'll be like "Oooh , is this a part of the Terraria lore or something? Maybe it's a peace of information we don't know about the game? Maybe Caelondia is the place we're playing in and Breakers are the evil that made the corruption and crimson?" , a reference should be more subtle , not something that takes a peace of an another game's lore and shows it , Terraria has no lore so some people might think it is maybe a piece of the lore.
Honestly, I put those tooltips there because I had nothing else to put there. And I have been considering making the skyfall blocks a separate idea and scrapping the rest because this is a bit too much for a reference. As for not knowing the prices because the kid doesn't talk, I think it's acceptable that the items have price tags, after all, none of the other NPCs tell the player what price of things are, you just mouse over the items and the game tells you.

I got an email from them on the 6th saying they have nothing but respect for Terraria and are open to doing something.
"thanks for the note! We've got nothing but respect for Terraria over here, so who knows?! We haven't done too many collaborations in the past though we love doing fun stuff with cool studios."

Greg
Copy and pasted from my email. All I'm saying is there is hope! :D

I got an email from them on the 6th saying they have nothing but respect for Terraria and are open to doing something.
"thanks for the note! We've got nothing but respect for Terraria over here, so who knows?! We haven't done too many collaborations in the past though we love doing fun stuff with cool studios."

Greg
Copy and pasted from my email. All I'm saying is there is hope! :D
Wow, they actually replied! And they've heard of and like Terraria! That's awesome!

Please have him have different names and some quotes, he sorta lacks the charm other town npcs have, maybe have other NPCs talk about him a lot...

Nurse: did you see the kids arm?

Merchant: the kid hasent bought much from me...

Mechanic: the kid seems to avoid goblin tinkerer.

Goblin tinkerer: may you send the kid over? I need to test, I mean talk to him.

The NPC's name kinda refers to IWBTG!'s main protagonist
I'm sure a character can be a reference to 2 or more games

the kid probably no(maybe as a vanity set instead?) the blocks would be cool if terraria can make that happen, and maybe the hammer/bow or squirt pet(i like the squirt personally) blocks seem like enough but either way
i mean all of them seem a bit much i mean and an npc is a hard sell.just need some other way to obtain them, maybe make them at skymill?)
[DOUBLEPOST=1423973240][/DOUBLEPOST]
The NPC's name kinda refers to IWBTG!'s main protagonist
its pretty explicitly bastion i think...that seems more like a coincidence

You should maybe change the name of the "Squirt Cider" (and its tooltip) to something different. I think it doesn't really... fit the kind of things a kid would sell... If you know what I mean. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Back
Top Bottom