Biomes & Nature [Sprites] Ocean Expanded: Dangerous Depths

darkrown

Duke Fishron
Hello everyone, this is Vlad :D (or darkrown, whatever you prefer, lol). I've always felt like the Terraria Ocean biome fell short compared to the others; it's a lot smaller, and after Hardmode starts, there's not much reason to hang around here (except for the Fishron fight, but that doesn't really count). Therefore, I sat down and started chucking down ideas on how the Ocean could be improved, and I managed to come up with a bunch of things. This is sort of still a WIP, so any input is appreciated. Here goes :D

OCEAN EXPANDED

D A N G E R O U S D E P T H S

LAYOUT

For the new mobs I'm thinking off, the layout of the biome itself would need a few adjustments. Basically, the ocean should be much, much deeper (almost reaching the underworld) and wider, with a more interesting floor, with bumps and crevices, and air pockets that would function as underwater caves.

mOLZS6h.png

Example of how underwater caves would function. Note the active Kelp Maiden trying to reach the player

MECHANICS

yCWhrmf.png

INK
DEBUFF
The Ink debuff slows movement by 75% and increases damage taken from all sources by 20%.

NPC

pZYhTQX.png

MERMAID

Spawns after any hardmode Ocean mob is killed for the first time. Sells the Mermaid set and Gill potions (for now).

MOBS

PRE HARDMODE

7fttkc0.png

GIANT SQUID

These overgrown molluscs can pose a threat for under prepared adventurers, as their black spit entangles the limb and drags to a watery grave.
MAX HP: 80
DAMAGE: 15-20
DEFENSE: 5
SPAWN: Any depth.
While not a huge threat, Giant Squids can be annoying for a new player while exploring the ocean. The bubble projectiles they shoot slow by 50%, which can prove fatal if the player is drowning or attacked by sharks.

DROPS:

6DHDT6B.png

SLIMY TENTACLE

DROP RATE: 50%
Used in crafting the Bubble Blast.

eaecKuU.png

BUBBLE BLAST
DAMAGE: 19
KNOCKBACK: 6 (Very Strong)
USE TIME: 17 (Very Fast)
MANA: 14
Recipe: 20
6DHDT6B.png
Book.png
Mana_Crystal.png

An upgraded Water Bolt of sorts, the Bubble Blast shoots slow travelling bubbles that can pierce twice and will also ricochet off walls up to four times.

atLg8NC.png

PUFFER FISH

In spite of their somewhat harmless appearance, the Puffer Fish is quick to reveal its sharp spikes when threatened.
MAX HP: 150
DAMAGE: 60
DEFENSE: 10
SPAWN: Any depth.
Puffer Fish are almost immobile, but if hit by a weapon or if the player gets too close, they will expand with up to 50% of their initial size (not reflected in the sprite). Caution is recommended when groups are encountered.

DROPS:

HK1wl3h.png

SPIKED ANEMONE

DROP RATE: 5%
Similar to the Star Veil/ Honeycomb, having the Spiked Anemone equipped will shoot out a volley of 4 spikes horizontally and vertically whenever the player takes damage.

POST HARDMODE

XqaovpY.png

PROTEUS
Would be adventurers should be wary of these giants of the depths' presence, as one spurt of their black ink can cloud the ocean for days.

MAX HP: 80
DAMAGE: 15-20
DEFENSE: 5
SPAWN: Hardmode, any depth.
Same as the Giant Squid, except faster, more resilient, and shoots Ink Bubbles that burst into ink clouds after a short distance. Ink Bubbles and their clouds inflict the Ink debuff.

DROPS:

6DHDT6B.png

SLIMY TENTACLE

DROP RATE: 50%
Used in crafting the Bubble Blast.

EYO4J41.png

INK PELLET

DROP RATE: 33%
Used in crafting various Ink related items.

xp8QL9n.png

INK ARROW

DAMAGE: 18
KNOCKBACK: 4 (Average)
Velocity: 4.2

Recipe: 35
Wooden_Arrow.png
EYO4J41.png
(yields 35)
Ink arrows are fairly cheap and inflict the Ink debuff on hit.

GQhhgUn.png

INK BULLET

DAMAGE: 15
Velocity: 5.2

Recipe: 50
Empty_Bullet.png
EYO4J41.png
(yields 50)
Ink bullets are fairly cheap and inflict the Ink debuff on hit.
WgYMcEO.png

FLASK OF INK

Recipe:
Bottled_Water.png
, 5
EYO4J41.png

While active, melee attacks inflict the Ink debuff on enemies.
0VJpGfR.png

KELP MAIDEN

The mistresses of the sea are usually peaceful, but be warned that disturbing their sleep can often have deadly consequences.

MAX HP: 210
DAMAGE: 90-110
DEFENSE: 25
SPAWN: Hardmode, any depth. Spawns in groups of at least 3.

One of the new tricky mobs the Ocean could greet you with, Kelp Maidens spawn in small groups and are initially inactive. However, if the player disturbs one of them, either by weapons or direct contact, they immediately become active and start pursuing the player, trying to stay on top of him to deal maximum damage. When a Kelp Maiden is alerted, the other Maidens in her group will awaken as well. They spawn in greater numbers as the depth increases, and can quickly overwhelm an unprepared player.

DROPS:

PoPiDv0.png
7Lr34nV.png

SIREN'S SHRIEK
DAMAGE: 65
KNOCKBACK: 6 (Very Strong)
USE TIME: 40 (Very Slow)
DROP RATE: 0.5%
The Siren's Shriek is a very special weapon; it is a crossbow, but it doesn't act like a repeater, and it doesn't autofire. Instead, it can be winded down by holding the mouse button done for up to 2.5 seconds, which multiplies its damage and knockback by up to 1.5. Arrows fired from this weapon are converted into a special type which strips them of their initial effects, but can pierce up to four enemies, depending on the charge duration of the shot.

5Y4k5AU.png

DEEP BLOATER
Deep in the trenches reside entire schools of Deep Bloaters, greatly more dangerous than their cousins in that they foster a deadly toxin. An upset Bloater will alert its school of potential dangers, often causing them to unleash a volley of venomous spikes.

MAX HP: 300
DAMAGE: 60-65
DEFENSE: 18
SPAWN: Hardmode, any depth. More rare at shallower depths.

Hardmode equivalent of the Puffer Fish, Deep Bloaters will also shoot a volley of 8 spikes when they inflate and inflict the Venom debuff on hit. Spikes fired by Deep Bloaters that reach other Deep Bloaters will cause them to inflate as well, setting off a deadly chain reaction that players should keep in mind when they approach large groups.

DROPS:

b6tAQZN.png

VENOMOUS PEARL
DROP RATE: 2%
While equipped, the Venomous Pearl gives all of the player's melee and ranged attacks a 50% chance to inflict the Venom debuff on enemies for 4 seconds.

q8TWpEO.png

AZURE MERMAN
The ferocious Mermen stalk the depths, hunting their prey with their power over water. Their favorite meal is, unsurprisingly, human flesh.

MAX HP: 260
DAMAGE: 65-70
DEFENSE: 27
SPAWN: Hardmode, any depth.
Doesn't anyone find it weird that the Snow Biome gets mermen, but the Ocean doesn't? Let's try to fix that, shall we. Behaves like Icy Mermen, with the difference that it can swim (think of the flippers accesory, with a small cooldown) and the bubble projectiles it shoots are a tad slower. Also hits harder, but at the cost of HP and defense.

DROPS:

L1ijM1B.png

GEYSER STAFF
DAMAGE: 34
KNOCKBACK: 6 (Very Strong)/ 0 (None)
USE TIME: 20 (Fast)
MANA: 14
DROP RATE: 1%
The Geyser Staff will summon a column of water where pointed. Enemies in the area when the geyser erupts will be knocked up; other enemies that walk into the geyser after will still take damage, but no knockback. Geysers last for 5 seconds and up to five geysers can be active at the same time.

G66fCrm.png

MOON JELLY | DYE FLOATER
These jellies emit a light that manifests an almost hypnotic attraction over the creatures of the ocean. Explorers should prioritize their elimination, lest they find themselves swarmed by a mob of vicious sea creatures.

MAX HP: 300
DAMAGE: 55
SPAWN: Hardmode, Underground and below.
Moon Jellies are moving water candles; while almost immobile, they emit a moderate amount of blue light, alongside with a faint pulse (just for visual effect). While a Moon Jelly is visible, the Water Candle effect will be in place, boosting the spawn rates of other mobs which can quickly swarm the player. During a Blood Moon, Dye Floaters spawn instead, which have the same stats but double the spawning effect, making Blood Moons a very dangerous time to explore the Ocean.

DROPS:

nRDxlV9.png

MOON NECKLACE
DROP RATE: 0.7% (Moon Jelly), 5%(Dye Floater)
The Moon Necklace decreases enemy spawn rates by 20% and reduces the max number of active monsters by 35%. Handy when you just wanna move around the map without being jumped a gazillion times.

wwgFYq6.png

SEA URCHIN | DEATH URCHIN
These inanimate bushels of spines dot the ocean floor; an unpleasant surprise for explorers of the deep.

MAX HP: 200
DAMAGE: 100 (Sea Urchin), 50 (Death Urchin)
SPAWN: Hardmode, Underground and below. Post Plantera for Death Urchin
Sea Urchins spawn uncommonly on the ocean floor and underwater caves. They're immobile, and only pose a hazard if players get too close, acting as a sort of Spikes equivalent, although they can be killed. After Plantera is defeated, they're replaced by Death Urchins, which shoot a volley of 4 poisonous spikes diagonally if the player gets close.

DROPS:
-none yet-

E57mGOu.png

HIPPOCAMPUS
Liege of a forgotten god of the ocean, the Hippocampus still guards the depths and will fiercely pursue any intruders.
MAX HP: 1000
DAMAGE: 85
DEFENSE: 28
SPAWN: Hardmode, post Plantera. Cavern depth and below
A miniboss of sorts, the Hippocampus spawns rarely below Cavern depth and is very aggressive. He will pursue the player relentlessly, circling him or her continously and charging every few seconds. Can also take quite a beating.

DROPS:

eC87Ku4.png

IRIDESCENT SCALE
DROP RATE: 40%
These scales drop somewhat rarely and are used in creating the Membrane Set and the Membrane Blade.

EvO0frP.png

MEMBRANE BLADE
DAMAGE: 85
KNOCKBACK: 5 (Strong)

USE TIME: 17 (Very Fast)
Recipe:
eC87Ku4.png
, 15
Hallowed_Bar.png
Broken_Hero_Sword.png

A fitting reward for farming so many op minibosses, the Membrane Blade autoswings and will spawn 12 bubbles in 2 groups of six with a small delay inbetween. The bubbles spread, gain velocity as they move and can pierce one enemy. There is a 2 second cooldown inbetween bubble spawns.

BOSS

ZIyagBq.png

KRACHOR
Legend has it that the god of the sea himself bred this deadly king of the depths. Whatever his origins, Krachor now roams the sea caves, eternally famished and bloodthirsty.

MAX HP: 38000
DAMAGE: 85-120
DEFENSE: 25
SPAWN: Hardmode, post Plantera, below Cavern layer (Underwater Cave). Need Delicious Seafood to spawn (Placeholder)
Again, I don't consider Fishron the Ocean's boss, because you can just lead him off from the beach and nothing changes. With Krachor, you're constrained to an underwater cave (which should become pretty large at Cavern layer), as he becomes twice as mobile while in water and enraged if you leave the Ocean, which doubles his damage.

He doesn't have phases (yet); he will zoom around the cave, camouflaging into the background a few times a minute (think BoC second stage, but not that extreme) all the while shooting small black projectiles in your direction which deal a good amount of damage and inflict the Ink debuff, but are pretty easy to dodge. There's a catch: every now and then, he'll spit ink at you, which will restrict your view to a very limited area around yourself for a time, during which you can quickly eat enough of his small ink droplets to bite the dust. As the fight goes on, he will move faster and faster and camouflage more often, so you'll have to respond accordingly. All in all, not a very original boss, but I think he fits the ocean theme, at least

DROPS:

eu18mIN.png

TIDEBANE
DAMAGE: 70
KNOCKBACK: 7 (Extremely Strong)
USE TIME: 15 (Very Fast)
DROP RATE: 16.6%

The Tidebane will project an image of itself in the direction you swing it. The projection gains velocity as it moves and can pierce an unlimited number of enemies. There is a small cooldown inbetween the spawns of the image.
AZM2kfg.png

OL' FAITHFUL
DAMAGE: 60
KNOCKBACK: 2 (Very Weak)
USE TIME: 25 (Fast)

An upgraded version of the Anchor, Ol' Faithful will damage enemies on pierce and on return, and will also drag enemies a short distance towards you, allowing the player to group enemies effectively.
McekPRG.png

EBBSURGE
DAMAGE: 53
USE TIME: 22 (Fast)

Ebbsurge will fire 2 arrows at the cost of one with a very slight spread. Enemies hit have a 50% chance of being stunned.
4n3kAV3.png

INK STAFF
DAMAGE: 32
KNOCKBACK: 0.7 (Extremely Weak)
USE TIME: 26 (Average)
MANA: 10

The Ink Staff sprays a continuous jet of ink, akin to the Flamethrower. Enemies covered in ink are heavily slowed (75%) and take 10% increased damage from all sources. Stacks with Ichor/ Cursed Inferno.
vRZPHia.png

OCTOPUS STAFF
DAMAGE: 44
USE TIME: 35 (Slow)
MANA: 10
DROP RATE: 0.5%
The Octopus staff will summon... well, octopi to fight for you. They float around and shoot a volley of ink balls that apply the Ink Staff's slow, but not the damage buff.
OhlD5ep.png
yPQWUY7.gif

CALAMARI PET (RAW SEAWEED)

DROP RATE: 3%
Pretty much does what all pets do; follows you around and looks pretty~

BIOME ARMOR

QVPYHPi.png

MEMBRANE SET

DEFENSE:40
SET EFFECT: Insanely increased life regen. Greatly increased movement speed and swim height when underwater.
105ueW5.png

MEMBRANE HELMET
Defense 10
Bonus 16% increased melee and ranged damage
Recipe:
eC87Ku4.png
, 10
Hallowed_Bar.png

ygWyHMl.png

MEMBRANE BREASTPLATE
Defense 20
Bonus 11% increased melee and ranged critical strike chance
Recipe:
eC87Ku4.png
, 20
Hallowed_Bar.png

jYksFpb.png

MEMBRANE GREAVES
Defense 13
Bonus 8% increased movement speed
7% increased melee speed
Recipe:
eC87Ku4.png
, 15
Hallowed_Bar.png

The Membrane Set is my attempt to revisit the Crimson Set's health regen effect, which has no hardmode equivalent. The set has double the Crimson's effect and also grants a bonus to movement when underwater.

BIOME CHEST

3LbV9Hu.png

OCEAN CHEST

E9UltqR.png

The Ocean chest obviously needs an Ocean Key to be unlocked, which is crafted exactly like the other biome chest keys. Ocean Key Molds drop from monsters killed underwater in the ocean biome only.

CONTENTS:

ZkiAu0d.png

STAR DISC

DAMAGE: 55
USE TIME: 18 (Very Fast)
The Star Disc (boomerang) is a mix between the Light Discs, Razorblade Typhoon and Piranha Gun. Holding the mouse button down will produce max 2 discs, which will seek out nearby enemies and focus on them for 4 seconds, after which they will return. If the initial enemy dies, the discs will move to another one if 4 seconds have not passed yet. They can also pierce an unlimited number of enemies.

There it goes! Thanks for reading through this. This is still a WIP and I plan on adding more features so any feedback will really help. Thankiees~

Last edited:
Cool. You/your spriter are obviously very talented, and the suggestion is pretty good. Support.
Thank you! No spriter unfortunately, so I have to do all the work myself :( but it's pretty fun, I'll admit :D

Pretty sweet idea. Also them sexy sprites you have talent.
Thanks! I'll be adding more stuff that'll balance this out more, hopefully. Thanks for dropping by!

Sounds nice! support!
Awwww, that's just adorbs owo *feeling good about myself*

Not sure if bumping is allowed, hope I don;t get infracted D: added a screenshot of an underwater cave, two new mobs and an Ocean biome chest with appropriate rewards~

I support this all the way. You've fleshed the idea out extremely well, I've always thought the Ocean biome needed a rework. And those sprites, eye candy. Very aesthetically pleasing.

Bumping is fine if you add meaningful content, and you did ;)

Oh, awesome. Good to know I'm not doing stupid things :p

I support this all the way. You've fleshed the idea out extremely well, I've always thought the Ocean biome needed a rework. And those sprites, eye candy. Very aesthetically pleasing.

Haha, thank you! Yeah, the Ocean biome has loads of potential, hopefully it'll be expanded on in the future~

This level of detail puts every biome suggestion I've seen to shame.
I'd never thought I'd see the day when another suggestion was done as thoroughly as the Cyber was.

Aside from the fact that this looks absolutely stunning as a whole, I have a few small bones to pick.
  • Siren's Shriek should crit. No weapon doesn't deserve to crit.
  • Geyser Staff would occupy the exact same niche as the Nimbus Rod. It should have a functional difference. I'm thinking it should be more like a functional equivalent of the endgame Blizzard Staff instead. It would have a slower use time, more damage, and erupt short-lived geysers from the ground below the cursor without limit.
  • Blood Jellies need a new name. We have Blood Jellies already.
  • An Ocean Biome Chest... you might want to consult @Baconfry on that. He has kind of a thing going. ;)

Last edited:
HEY! @Cenx @Redigit, COME LOOK AT THIS GREAT SUGGESTION!

Yes please :D or just give the ocean more luuuurveee

Whoa. This level of detail puts every biome suggestion I've seen to shame. It's beautiful, and you should be proud.

Wow, I've seen your suggestions! It means a lot coming from you :D though I'm still not completely done with this, so expect more in the future!

I'd never thought I'd see the day when another suggestion was done as thoroughly as the Cyber was.

Aside from the fact that this looks absolutely stunning as a whole, I have a few small bones to pick.
  • Siren's Shriek should crit. No weapon doesn't doesn't deserve to crit.
  • Geyser Staff would occupy the exact same niche as the Nimbus Rod. It should have a functional difference. I'm thinking it should be more like a functional equivalent of the endgame Blizzard Staff instead. It would have a slower use time, more damage, and erupt short-lived geysers from the ground below the cursor without limit.
  • Blood Jellies need a new name. We have Blood Jellies already.
  • An Ocean Biome Chest... you might want to consult @Baconfry on that. He has kind of a thing going. ;)

Hey, thanks for dropping by :D also whoa, that comparison. I'm not worthy @_@ but I'll do my best from now on. I'll think about how to balance most of the things you pointed out, since it's all valid.

Also about the biome chest, I designed it with the original Terraria concept in mind. If @Baconfry wouldn't mind it, I have plenty of ideas for extra weapons, haha

Last edited:
This is an inspiring suggestion. I'd love to create an undersea dungeon with these elements. The possible crafting materials you could find could be very interesting.

Bobbit Worms as plant AI mobs would be terrifying!

I always enjoy more content, especially in places that require it, but there are a few flaws here.
Currently, the ocean is small so it can't fit all of this in it.
You suggest it should be deeper and wider. While I agree with you, the world size is what turns me against it.
You can't have a bigger world then 'big' because of coding limitations, and to make the ocean go as deep as the cavern layer with a smooth angle, you will need to make it a LOT wider, which will take ~1/5(if not more) of the map, which is a lot.

About the Sirens Shriek, I think it should either turn all arrows into a specific type (Like the Vulcan in mobile) or restrict certain arrows from piercing.
Imagine firing an exploding arrow with this.

The Marman are underwater mobs, right? That means their projectiles would be slowed by water.
You should state their projectile is unaffected by water.
Also, they should swim underwater freely without delay, they live in the water after all.

I like the concept of the Moon/Blood Jelly, and their dropped accessory as well.
Consider being able to merge it with the pearl necklace or the arctic diving gear.

Sea Urchins don't pose a threat unless you walk into them, which is highly unlikely unless you want to die.
Perhaps they should fire a shot like the Death Urchin, but with less damage and lower intervals.

The Membrane Sword drop rate is ridiculously low, and the weapon itself can be considered a tad bit over powered.
Drop rate is NOT a balancing tool, it only makes you grind more for it, and (almost) nobody enjoys a grindfest.
It will simply be forgotten, considering its dropped from a miniboss, that spawns randomly and is hard to beat without the proper equipment.

Does the ocean key mold drop from all monster underwater or those who are in the ocean biome?
It's important, because then you can make a crimson frost biome with a water pool in which everything dies, making you kill 3 birds with one stone.
While nice and all, its a biome related keymold, not water related.

About Krachor...
He would be considered a side boss, like Duke Fishron or the King Slime because he does not offer you progression through the game.
Weapons are not considered a progression, because they don't allow you to do something you couldn't before.

When saying that the Ink Staff's debuff does not stack with Ichor/Cursed flames, what do you mean by that?
First of all, Ichor and Cursed flames are different kinds of debuffs, one reduces armor and the other deals damage over time, and they aren't similar to the Ink Staff's debuff, so they don't stack anyways.
If you mean the damage taken increase from the Ichor debuff, its not because its amplified, its because the debuffed units armor is lowered.
And why not make them stack? It could make for a great wombocombo!

About the Calamari, why not make it spew bubbles once a while? :)

Apart from everything I've said above, the idea is great!
Although you did not though everything out, its still pretty damn good!
The sprites look good, the grammar is good, the main idea is good, and I can tell you've put your time in it!
Good job! :)

This is an inspiring suggestion. I'd love to create an undersea dungeon with these elements. The possible crafting materials you could find could be very interesting.

Bobbit Worms as plant AI mobs would be terrifying!

Thanks! I think someone's already on that terrifying suggestion :D

I always enjoy more content, especially in places that require it, but there are a few flaws here.

Thanks for dropping by, and the detailed critique! It definitely helps to have flaws in this pointed out; since I'm the only one working on it I can overlook a lot of thinks >_> anw, not trying to be overdefensive (and hope I don't come across as such D:) but some of these are simply miscommunications on my part:

Currently, the ocean is small so it can't fit all of this in it.
You suggest it should be deeper and wider. While I agree with you, the world size is what turns me against it.
You can't have a bigger world then 'big' because of coding limitations, and to make the ocean go as deep as the cavern layer with a smooth angle, you will need to make it a LOT wider, which will take ~1/5(if not more) of the map, which is a lot.

I've seen this pointed out before in other threads. The truth is, to make the Ocean a more interesting place and a proper biome, it should be at least a bit larger. I was thinking of removing the oceans at the ends of the map and replacing it somewhere else on the map. After all, the player can easily reach the finite edges of the map so it's not like the oceans are actually keeping, anyone from doing it, haha. Still have to think about this

About the Sirens Shriek, I think it should either turn all arrows into a specific type (Like the Vulcan in mobile) or restrict certain arrows from piercing.
Imagine firing an exploding arrow with this.

Ugh, the Siren's Shriek. I'm having a hard time rebalancing this thing ;_; Your suggestion makes sense, but I don't want to make it overcomplicated and only deny certain arrow types so the player is never sure what he can actually use. Currently normalizing all arrows into one type would be, I think, the best idea, so I might just go with that.

The Marman are underwater mobs, right? That means their projectiles would be slowed by water.
You should state their projectile is unaffected by water.
Also, they should swim underwater freely without delay, they live in the water after all.

I was thinking their swimming would work more like the players' when using flippers, 'jumping' in the water instead of 'floating' like the sharks do. That's why the delay is there

I like the concept of the Moon/Blood Jelly, and their dropped accessory as well.
Consider being able to merge it with the pearl necklace or the arctic diving gear.

Good idea, already spriting :D

Sea Urchins don't pose a threat unless you walk into them, which is highly unlikely unless you want to die.
Perhaps they should fire a shot like the Death Urchin, but with less damage and lower intervals.

Sea Urchins would be way more common than Death Urchins, especially as the depth increases. Again, sort of like spikes in the Dungeon/ Lihzahrd Temple. Sometimes you just drop on top of them by mistake, or get knocked into them by mobs. Not a huge threat, but can be annoying when you want to get things done.

The Membrane Sword drop rate is ridiculously low, and the weapon itself can be considered a tad bit over powered.
Drop rate is NOT a balancing tool, it only makes you grind more for it, and (almost) nobody enjoys a grindfest.
It will simply be forgotten, considering its dropped from a miniboss, that spawns randomly and is hard to beat without the proper equipment.

Fair point. I'll think up a crafting recipe and balance it out a bit

Does the ocean key mold drop from all monster underwater or those who are in the ocean biome?
It's important, because then you can make a crimson frost biome with a water pool in which everything dies, making you kill 3 birds with one stone.
While nice and all, its a biome related keymold, not water related.

I meant that you could only farm it while underwater in the Ocean biome. I know the game also registers the beach as part of the biome, so I was trying to clear things up but only made it more confusing. Will edit

About Krachor...
He would be considered a side boss, like Duke Fishron or the King Slime because he does not offer you progression through the game.
Weapons are not considered a progression, because they don't allow you to do something you couldn't before.

Another fair point; thing is, as the game sits right now, there's already a set progression between all the bosses so it's kinda hard to squeeze new ones in. That being said, someone did suggest and underwater temple at one point, and I might just think about it, although spriting that would be a lot of work @_@

When saying that the Ink Staff's debuff does not stack with Ichor/Cursed flames, what do you mean by that?
First of all, Ichor and Cursed flames are different kinds of debuffs, one reduces armor and the other deals damage over time, and they aren't similar to the Ink Staff's debuff, so they don't stack anyways.
If you mean the damage taken increase from the Ichor debuff, its not because its amplified, its because the debuffed units armor is lowered.
And why not make them stack? It could make for a great wombocombo!

I meant that a mob can't have Ink and Ichor/ Cursed Inferno placed on itself at the same time. It just seemed a bit overpowered; unfortunately I can't actually do testing so it's all based on what I think would work, haha. Again, will think about it?

About the Calamari, why not make it spew bubbles once a while? :)

You mean the pet? For aestethic purposes, sure. I might sprite an animation later :D

Apart from everything I've said above, the idea is great!
Although you did not though everything out, its still pretty damn good!
The sprites look good, the grammar is good, the main idea is good, and I can tell you've put your time in it!
Good job! :)

Thanks again for dropping by! I am still doing work on expanding this (possibly adding more pre-hardmode content as well) but Inquisition came out a while ago so I haven't been doing anything else D: please keep an eye on me, I'll be working hard. Cheers~

This looks like a very detailed suggestion, cool sprites aswell (Though I'm thinking some of them doesn't look fitting for Terraria images)
Well, I don't see much problem with your suggestions, except for the Biome size itself and those "unlimited" projectiles of the weapons,

Btw, the Membrane Blade looks way too strong, its like the second to the Terra Blade, 85 Damage + Very Fast Speed, whao...,
Doesn't that affect the other weapons, like True Knight's Edge and True Excalibur :)

Back
Top Bottom