Blocks & Decoration [Sprites] Placeable materials

The only problem I see is with buckets. Since buckets are already peaceable (as they place the liquid) you may have to use right click or something to build these. Otherwise, nice idea. :dryadsmile:

Also, you need to make a wall for vertebrae and tissue samples. :dryadwink:

I liked this a while ago but never commented... Anyway, I really like it. All these things would make decorating houses so much easier. The only problems are with placing usable things like potions.

And a suggestion: placeable nanites. Cogs are already placeable, so why not? They could be all futuristic and glowy and blue like the cyborg himself.

Rotten Chunks:
vnhw8aR.png

Simply Rotten Chunks.. looks tasty! Would also have a furniture set.
I see what you did there! ;)

YES. PLEASE YES.
what kind of alchemist am i if i cant even show of the nifty boozes i make? i end up only having a shelf with empty bottles and pink vases...
My trophy room could use some shadow scales in its museum. so does my bio-lab. vertebrae and rotten chunks too.
and my KITCHEN? yum! free cake slices and Pho for everyone!

Dont see why this shouldnt be , as in terraria one of my favorite parts of the game is building and decorating , this would just be amazing for me , everything here could be used on my world C: , hope this gets added

As you progress in the game, more and more items become less useful or complete useless to you.. but what if you could build with them? Here is a list of items could become placeable. I do not have sprites for all of them yet, but I do for most, so here they are:

Foodstuffs:
MaiI540.png

Not quite sure how these would be placed, perhaps right clicking? You would be able to place every potion and food item. These include the holiday food items as well.

Mana Crystal:
DlxkS5u.png

These could appear in the Dungeon to help out mages who don't have enough mana with the new magic weapons locked away in chests. They could emit a strong blue light.

Buckets:
rOVHwrm.png

Could be placed at the end of a chain in a well or for any other use you can think of. Lava Bucket provides light.

Lenses:
1f3lRs9.png
coYj6xS.png

Lenses can be placed on gemspark blocks to emit a beam the color of the gemspark block. Check here for more info!

Rotten Chunks:
vnhw8aR.png

Simply Rotten Chunks.. looks tasty! Would also have a furniture set.

Ectoplasm:
hodLTfN.png

2spooky! Ectoplasm could prevent ghosty noclipping mobs from passing through.

Pixie Dust:
XgyUQmK.png

These tiles would be given the same glow effect as the dropped item. They provide light about equal to mushroom grass.

Silk:
lxFwHlf.png

Placeable as carpet over existing tiles. Not only just for wood. When placed onto a tile, you will be able to paint the silk seperate from the tile. To paint a tile and not the silk, you need to paint it without silk and then place the silk.

Mushrooms:
DP2DXrb.png
VD2E9Qu.png

You can create fertilizer which can help speed up growth of herbs and even make mushrooms grow gigantic. Chop them down for mushroom blocks that can be placed. They would have their own unique textures.. and not be simple recolors.

Vertebrae:
Would appear similar to bone blocks with a pink tint. Would have its own furniture as well.

Hooks:
For aesthetics and maybe possibly even hurt if touched.

Vines:
Dropped in larger quantities and by Anrgy Trappers as well. Recipes including Vines will be adjusted. Vines would be placeable similar to Rope and Chains. (this one is being implemented, I think)

Coins:
4blp1w3.png

Similar to bars, you can stand on them and drop down through. Paint your Copper Coins gray/white to pretend to be rich! -implemented!

Jungle Spores:
KcpRJ2O.png

They can be planted in pots and on grass. Player-placed spores drop only one to prevent abuse.

Shadow Scales:
6THNHoI.png

They work as walls as I didn't see them working well as blocks. Might try to make a block version.

Crystal Heart:

These would be placeable just like the Mana Crystal.

Silk (curtain form):
Wz8NHjB.png

Placeable similarly to Rope and Chains. Continuous placement in the same spot will place it at the bottom.

Spells:
J7NL6Bm.png

Y42li7d.png

All spell books could be placed, just like books.

Dyes:
GrWAbpW.png

All dyes can be placed.

Paints:
j14fnyF.png

All paints can be placed.

Gel:
aI8cjmV.png

Gel would be placeable as background blocks like coins.

That's it for now I think.. will change and add more later. Hope you like all or most of these. :dryadsmile:
I really really REALLY Love your ideas and your Pixel Art it's just amazing

I would make a giant house with the shadow scale walls. I really like this idea.

Instead of ectoplasm blocking the movement of the wallhacking enemies have it knock them back and cause 1 damage per second. Otherwise I can see quite a bit of nonsense going on with pumpkin and frost moon bosses.

Back
Top Bottom