Blocks & Decoration [Sprites] Placeable materials

I would make a giant house with the shadow scale walls. I really like this idea.

Instead of ectoplasm blocking the movement of the wallhacking enemies have it knock them back and cause 1 damage per second. Otherwise I can see quite a bit of nonsense going on with pumpkin and frost moon bosses.

Or, you could just have it not block bosses.

I don't know if anyone already suggested these but could you please add:

Tissue sample block / furniture
Vile Shroom block
Bee wax block / furniture
Dark/Light shard
Bullet piles
Fallen star block
Feather pile
Frost core
Ichor block / furniture
Leather block / furniture
Nanite block / furniture
Soul block for various souls
Tattered cloth carpet
Black lenses
Golden Key pile
Marshmallows
Coral Block / furniture
All the fragments / furniture
All fishes can be put in a terrarium
Fishing junk
Crystal shard furniture

Last edited:
Foodstuffs:
MaiI540.png

Not quite sure how these would be placed, perhaps right clicking? You would be able to place every potion and food item. These include the holiday food items as well.

I was thinking of this before.
I think it could be something like a Lab Glove sold by the Travelling Merchant could help placing them.
(just work like wand)

I was thinking of this before.
I think it could be something like a Lab Glove sold by the Travelling Merchant could help placing them.
(just work like wand)
Yes cannot describe my opinion toward this quote.

Actually yeah. Why can't we place these cool things? Life and mana potions already exist in the code as objects in the world courtesy of the dungeon. Everything should be able to be placed as decoration.

To place the blocks, why not have a seperate section like ammo and coins for the things you want to place? To place them down, you just left click when you have nothing in your hand.
Edit: Forgot! I support!

all great ideas!

personally I'd like to see a way to place bundled rope/cloth/chain/etc. as a decoration.

some items should just be placeable on their own, since they have no other use without certain applicating devices (paint, dye, silk)

for a lot of the stuff that has a use (food, potions, crystal heart, etc.) why not have a recipe at the heavy crafting bench that turns it into a placeable block? they could be collected as normal and turn back into the regular forms (like potions on shelves in the dungeon, or generated crystal hearts). This could be annoying since you may have to run back and forth re-crafting stuff if you pick it up, but it makes the most sense to me.

for certain items I could see various wands (similar to living wood and bone wands) working pretty well. Some could be rare drops (fairy wand is a rare drop from fairy's, ectoplasm wand is a rare drop from ectoplasm, etc.). I could see the dryad selling a mushroom wand for the currently non-placeable mushrooms. Or, you could have something like how you can craft stone and crystals into crystal blocks, where you craft components into the block you want instead of them just being immediately placeable.

woah, I really like the way those spells look on the shelf. The color variation is cool, and I'm really digging the books that are stacked. Adds some nice variation.

Back
Top Bottom