Items [Sprites] Pogo Stick

Snickerbobble

The Painter
XItwDGw.gif
5DqvNet.png

Pogo Stick
"Gogo Pogo!!"

The Pogo Stick is both a fun mobility item and a weapon. To use it, it must be selected in your hotbar, much like the Breathing Reed and Umbrella, meaning you cannot use weapons when it's in use. When selected, you'll hop around when you walk/run, but holding down the jump button will play a BROOOOING sound and you'll spring high into the sky, from 10 to 30 blocks depending on how long you hold jump. You'll be immune to fall damage as long as you have the Pogo Stick selected.

As a weapon, you can stomp on your enemies! Damage is calculated by the tier of armor you have equipped:

Damage per piece
None: +2 damage
White: +4 damage
Blue: +7 damage
Green: +10 damage
Orange: +14 damage
Red: +22 damage
Pink: +30 damage
Purple: +45 damage
Lime: +60 damage
Yellow: +80 damage
Cyan: +120 damage

A full set of Silver Armor will allow 12 damage a stomp, Shadow Armor will allow 21 damage a stomp, Molten will be 42 damage a stomp..... and Beetle will be 240 damage a stomp. Stomps do not deal criticals. You'll be sent up 10 blocks after a stomp, so you can't do rapid tapping for massive damage

Now how you obtain it: I was thinking sold by Party Girl for 25 gold after a certain point, perhaps Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu's defeat. It'll become stronger as you obtain better armor, though with 240 damage stomps at the endgame, you're way better off fighting with your endgame weapons. The idea is for it to be fun and effective earlygame, but becomes less effective later on but not to the point where it tickles enemies for 1 damage.

If the stomping is a problem, it could just not do that I guess. It'll still be fun and useful to jump around the world. And it'll make this mechanical ball more bouncy!

DA END

Last edited:
what about copper, iron, and gold?

are those the same as silver?
pls explain
Yes, they're all white rarity (the color of the name of the item). Wood through Platinum is +4 per piece, then Shadow and Meteor are blue rarity so they're +7 per piece.. etc.

That looks pretty interesting,
what about if you equip a non-set with different rarity (as example: wooden and turtle :V)
White is +4 and Yellow is +80, so 2 parts wood 1 part turtle would be 84 damage, 1 part wood 2 parts turtle would be 164 damage.

Yes, they're all white rarity (the color of the name of the item). Wood through Platinum is +4 per piece, then Shadow and Meteor are blue rarity so they're +7 per piece.. etc.

White is +4 and Yellow is +80, so 2 parts wood 1 part turtle would be 84 damage, 1 part wood 2 parts turtle would be 164 damage.
ah i see, so its thrice the damage than what i've espected with correct set

Does it use the highest tier of armor you have equipped if you mix and match sets to calculate the damage? (For example- Platinum boots with Demonite chestplate and helmet)

the damage after orange tier gets too high. Otherwise support cus it looks fun
The numbers are up for change, however red rarity is cobalt to titanium which would give 66 damage stomps, with an average of 14 damage reduction in hardmode, means about 52 damage. You'd deal more DPS swinging a Night's Edge in Molten Armor, or an up close Demon Scythe in pre-hardmode caster armor.

Looking over this, are there any armors with purple rarity? I remember Hallowed being pink and Chlorophyte being Lime. If there is no purple rarity armor, I will have to remove it and adjust numbers.

Interesting, but wouldn't it work better as a mount?
Right now, probably. However in 1.3 we'll be able to attack on mounts (or at least I assume so with how Redigit said "being able to attack on mounts is fun"), so it might be too powerful if you could stomp and attack at the same time.

I’m PRO the pogo stick being a mount but not as a weapon. I think it would be a good early game option for reaching higher looking for the sky islands. It would just be fun to go bouncing around. 😄

Back
Top Bottom