Blocks & Decoration [Sprites] Small changes to cloud blocks

Snickerbobble

The Painter
A very small change, but to make cloud blocks more cloud-like, I think you should sink down half a block when walking across them. Same for enemies and NPCs and etc. It would make them feel fluffier than a solid block like stone or dirt.

afhYXPr.png

Here we have Terra who is standing. Thanks for agreeing to stand for me, Terra!

Cloud and Rain Cloud should be renamed to Cloud Block and Rain Cloud Block, just for consistency.

And maybe there could be bits of actuated cloud clumps through the sky so you can gather cloud blocks without tearing up islands. Being actuated would let stars fall through and keep you from slamming up against stray cloud blocks if using a gravitation potion.

You should also be able to craft rain cloud blocks when standing near water from cloud blocks. And craft back at lava or a furnace. There could also be rain cloud walls. Rain from the rain cloud blocks would drip farther when it is raining.

Th-th-that's all, folks!

Support for sinking into the clouds.

Just use Cloud Walls for the non-floating island clouds.

Cloud and Rain Cloud should be renamed to Cloud Block and Rain Cloud Block, just for consistency.

And maybe there could be bits of actuated cloud clumps through the sky so you can gather cloud blocks without tearing up islands. Being actuated would let stars fall through and keep you from slamming up against stray cloud blocks if using a gravitation potion.
I think this is simplified by stating Cloud Walls should span throughout the sky randomly. Making their positions irrelevant to Floating Islands so they don't give hints to players where to go but does provide material. Cloud Walls can be crafted into Cloud Blocks. It would be nice if players sank into cloud and small sprites of white "puffs" sprang out and faded whilst you walk over them

You should also be able to craft rain cloud blocks when standing near water from cloud blocks. And craft back at lava or a furnace. There could also be rain cloud walls. Rain from the rain cloud blocks would drip farther when it is raining.
Agreed Rain Cloud blocks shouldn't be a rare material builders need to make multiple worlds for.

Cloud + Stone = Solid Cloud?
Looks like a regular cloud, but solid.
Personally I think it should be glass+cloud block. Stone would (imagine for me) make the cloud darker. Glass however could be said to "trap the cloud vapor" Like cloud in a bottle but a block.

-----
I like and enjoy this idea for two reasons, one it makes sense and two its more immersion into the fantasy of Terraria. I feel that it should also maybe slow you down a bit as well as being a cushion to prevent fall damage... maybe gel+clound=boucy fluff block "fun for all the family". Either way I would quite enjoy this myself.

Back
Top Bottom