Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Confection: The Desserted Land- An Alternate Hallow

What is the Confection's most iconic creature?

• Birdnana

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • Cherry Bomber

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Cherry Bug

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Chocofrog

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Crazy Cone

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Crunchy Camel

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Dainty Donkey

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Gummy Worm

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Icecream Gal

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Iscreamer

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Krispy Kitty

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • Meowzer

Votes: 56 7.8%
  • Parfait Slime/Sherbet Slime

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • Pip

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Prickster

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Rollercookie

Votes: 229 32.0%
  • Rootbeer Floater

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Sprinkler/Sprinkling

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Sweety Gummy

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • The Unfirm

Votes: 76 10.6%

• Total voters
Just saw this for the first time today. Simply amazing! I'd download this instantly if it were a mod!

Hey everyone! I'm working on another update here, but I wanna know what you all think of this quite big change here to the Confection trees.

I've become aware that the current trees do not follow Terraria's tile grid, and that conversion from a simple puffball top tree to a massive topping or vice versa may cause a jarring effect.. though I do like the trees I have right now. But.. anyway, I've come up with a new tree that better follows the grid and matches the standard tree.

Current:
ckB7zdG.png

New:
xX9hmKy.png

The tops could come in different colors as well.

Hey everyone! I'm working on another update here, but I wanna know what you all think of this quite big change here to the Confection trees.

I've become aware that the current trees do not follow Terraria's tile grid, and that conversion from a simple puffball top tree to a massive topping or vice versa may cause a jarring effect.. though I do like the trees I have right now. But.. anyway, I've come up with a new tree that better follows the grid and matches the standard tree.

Current:
ckB7zdG.png

New:
xX9hmKy.png

The tops could come in different colors as well.
The new one looks more unique the current just looks like any other candy environment

Time for a late Easter Update!

• Took a crack at an easter egg Rollercookie!
    uwDiC1b.png
    (That's no egg roll)
  • Gummies also join the holiday theme with bunny ears, tails, and baskets
    kAFBKG2.png
    J0mf2R5.png
    WNuIqnp.png
  • The Bonbonny will appear commonly during the Easter season, and more rarely during the rest of the year
    1lBkITd.png

And then for some resprites, touch ups, and forgotten stuff!
  • Changed Sherbet Slime banner's stripes to a diagonal pattern
    cokWyPI.png
    ->
    SOF77lF.png
  • Made the red Gummy's darker shades a little lighter
    hFazGiN.png
    ->
    n74lkg4.png
  • Gummies can spawn with easter colors
    KmT3SWd.png
    rmY7YPr.png
    RkusDWz.png
  • Hardened Creamsand, made awhile ago but forgot to list!
    718l55g.png
    VTLg88a.png

• Creamsandstone as well.
    vv4l7CZ.png
    ZCernux.png
  • A new design for the Confection Key
    G6gijyo.png
    ->
    yBPP4sL.png
  • As well as one for the Confection Chest
    lNRH80m.png
    ->
    cnYzkT7.png

Then some non-graphical stuff:

• Correctly updated Bananawarp Rod's name to Dimensional Split (Again, a huge thanks to @AntithesisEK for the cool name)
  • Remembered to drop Rainbow Gel since the torches are made of bricks
    17g2f80.png
  • All mentions of the Sensation or its items now link to its topic. Check it out! Tell your friends, tell your mom, tell everyone!
  • Changed Pastry Staff's recipe to list the temporary Souls of Delight
    a7BnrpK.png
  • Iscreamer's description now mentions its claws rather than its outdated bananas
  • Changed the name Confection Key Mold to Confection Key, woops!
  • Added info of the True Spice of Life in True Sucrosa's description.
    UkvFTun.png
  • Moved "Weapons and Tool" group to the second post for image cap reasons

That's it for this time. If anyone knows of a free .GIF animator, please let me know! The one I used to use doesn't seem to like my new computer, and there are some animated things I wanna make, like the replacement for Soul of Delight and slimes.

(I'll update the first two posts in a few minutes) EDIT: Uhh.. image limit reached, holding off update until a solution is found..
EDIT 2: Found a temporary work-around! Moved "Weapons and Tools" to the second post, as the majority of sprites were in post 1.

xX9hmKy.png

Not adding this tree design yet officially, but still wanting to know what you guys think!

Last edited:
It always baffles me when I see sprites. I love sprite work- really simple stuff, but these just blow me away. You're such a talented artist. Well done Snickerbobble.

I really like your new tree design compared to the other one, I also like the banner change and the chest looks so sherbet-y and delicious. OwO What's going to stop me from eating the entire world after confection takes over? What if I just decide to consume the entire addition?

Speaking of consuming- ever think of adding "Sweet Cheese" to the list of Easter baddies. Could be a good chance to make something that looks like Pacman...but the only thing he wants to eat is the player! :V
I don't know if it would scream too much like a "Cookie" that just has a chunk out of it, but here's what I'm talking about for reference in case you're curious.

https://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/sweet-cheese-zmaz81mazraw
It's a Hungarian cheese made with Honey, Raisins, etc. Pacheese anyone? =P

Time for a late Easter Update!

• Took a crack at an easter egg Rollercookie!
    uwDiC1b.png
    (That's no egg roll)
  • Gummies also join the holiday theme with bunny ears, tails, and baskets
    kAFBKG2.png
    J0mf2R5.png
    WNuIqnp.png
  • The Bonbonny will appear commonly during the Easter season, and more rarely during the rest of the year
    1lBkITd.png

And then for some resprites, touch ups, and forgotten stuff!
  • Changed Sherbet Slime banner's stripes to a diagonal pattern
    cokWyPI.png
    ->
    SOF77lF.png
  • Made the red Gummy's darker shades a little lighter
    hFazGiN.png
    ->
    n74lkg4.png
  • Gummies can spawn with easter colors
    KmT3SWd.png
    rmY7YPr.png
    RkusDWz.png
  • Hardened Creamsand, made awhile ago but forgot to list!
    718l55g.png
    VTLg88a.png

• Creamsandstone as well.
    vv4l7CZ.png
    ZCernux.png
  • A new design for the Confection Key
    G6gijyo.png
    ->
    yBPP4sL.png
  • As well as one for the Confection Chest
    lNRH80m.png
    ->
    cnYzkT7.png

Then some non-graphical stuff:

• Correctly updated Bananawarp Rod's name to Dimensional Split (Again, a huge thanks to @AntithesisEK for the cool name)
  • Remembered to drop Rainbow Gel since the torches are made of bricks
    17g2f80.png
  • All mentions of the Sensation or its items now link to its topic. Check it out! Tell your friends, tell your mom, tell everyone!
  • Changed Pastry Staff's recipe to list the temporary Souls of Delight
    a7BnrpK.png
  • Iscreamer's description now mentions its claws rather than its outdated bananas
  • Changed the name Confection Key Mold to Confection Key, woops!
  • Added info of the True Spice of Life in True Sucrosa's description.
    UkvFTun.png
  • Moved "Weapons and Tool" group to the second post for image cap reasons

That's it for this time. If anyone knows of a free .GIF animator, please let me know! The one I used to use doesn't seem to like my new computer, and there are some animated things I wanna make, like the replacement for Soul of Delight and slimes.

(I'll update the first two posts in a few minutes) EDIT: Uhh.. image limit reached, holding off update until a solution is found..
EDIT 2: Found a temporary work-around! Moved "Weapons and Tools" to the second post, as the majority of sprites were in post 1.

xX9hmKy.png

Not adding this tree design yet officially, but still wanting to know what you guys think!
A good gif animator is beneton movie gif. Also, are there any plans to make this into a mod? And for the image limit, you could try linking to another post in the thread with the extra stuff.

I use piskel for animations and paint.net for my crimstone recolours everything else

woo updates

Probably have other stuff to do, but you might want to update the Hallowed and Neapolinite Ores, since ores aren't colored stone anymore.
EDIT: Confection fountain could use some work, too. Maybe two ice cream cones pointing at each other shooting a crossing stream of confection water?

Um I'm not sure how much this mod has butt I have found several items taken straight from this forum post in the logicality mod by broskiplays so I guess the most important thing is did they get permission to use items from this suggestion

Um I'm not sure how much this mod has butt I have found several items taken straight from this forum post in the logicality mod by broskiplays so I guess the most important thing is did they get permission to use items from this suggestion

@drasuzumebachi

If you suspect that a mod has used sprites without permission of the Sprite Creator, Please report the Thread, and/or PM a Staff member with the evidence that you see. And from there we can take a look at it.

@drasuzumebachi

If you suspect that a mod has used sprites without permission of the Sprite Creator, Please report the Thread, and/or PM a Staff member with the evidence that you see. And from there we can take a look at it.
My problem is I'm not sure one way or another if the person who did the mod has permission or not and I would rather find out before reporting someone

My problem is I'm not sure one way or another if the person who did the mod has permission or not and I would rather find out before reporting someone
Reporting something is bringing it to the staff's attention so that we can look into it. That is much preferable to you making a public accusation that may have no basis.

We are looking into the situation, so please drop this line of discussion. Thanks.

Reporting something is bringing it to the staff's attention so that we can look into it. That is much preferable to you making a public accusation that may have no basis.

We are looking into the situation, so please drop this line of discussion. Thanks.
My apologizes I wasn't trying to cause any hate and discontent

You do a great job revitalizing your works, Bobble! I always appreciate seeing and contributing to what you do for your concepts.

I'm definitely curious about seeing the new tree's fronds in various colors.

Back
Top Bottom