Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Confection: The Desserted Land- An Alternate Hallow

What is the Confection's most iconic creature?

• Birdnana

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • Cherry Bomber

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Cherry Bug

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Chocofrog

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Crazy Cone

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Crunchy Camel

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Dainty Donkey

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Gummy Worm

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Icecream Gal

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Iscreamer

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Krispy Kitty

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • Meowzer

Votes: 56 7.8%
  • Parfait Slime/Sherbet Slime

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • Pip

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Prickster

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Rollercookie

Votes: 229 32.0%
  • Rootbeer Floater

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Sprinkler/Sprinkling

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Sweety Gummy

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • The Unfirm

Votes: 76 10.6%

• Total voters
Oh my god, this is so chock-full of references I can't even count them... this is amazing

I think an expert AI for the sugar mama is that they have 600, 200 Health, Same amount of defense as normal mode, and 96 damage also if a sugar mama with this variant
201303-2dd939fd11d468b97db8ece2f82c6035.jpg
loses an arm and that arm will spawn a puddle, She'll lose an arm at 300/600
201302-a962fec365391fadb73506ae15364d85.jpg
201304-45281f10e59c37e242d69a4a9694673a.jpg
and another arm at 150/600
201305-4c55a36993602eab5dae97e91528f9a3.jpg
(Only that variant
201303-2dd939fd11d468b97db8ece2f82c6035.jpg
can lose arms) Don't forget that the Sugar Bottle Pop
tg9r7r8.png
has a 5% chance of dropping instead of 4% in expert mode.

Attachments

• Sugar Mama with a missing arm.png
    Sugar Mama with a missing arm.png
    550 bytes · Views: 195
  • Sugar Mama.png
    Sugar Mama.png
    505 bytes · Views: 193
  • Sugar Mama with a missing other arm.png
    Sugar Mama with a missing other arm.png
    687 bytes · Views: 191
  • Sugar Mama with no arms.png
    Sugar Mama with no arms.png
    696 bytes · Views: 192
  • PgKjK41.png
    PgKjK41.png
    272 bytes · Views: 302
Last edited:
I haven’t been to these forums for maybe a 2 or 3 years and yet this is still active, which I guess makes sense as it is a really nice idea, hope this gets added

Finally it's here, the long awaited Halloween update! And it's only a few years late..!

Firstly, the Halloween-themed content:

• Gummies have a few Halloween variants. What Chu looking at?
    GNHcyU7.png
  • They'll also spawn with Halloween colors
    29ThzFp.png
    SV9siDG.png
    PXK2zdS.png
  • Iscreamer now has a pumpkin flavor, more common during Halloween
    y6YDP8V.png
  • As well as a more spectral look, very spooky.. smells like.. cotton candy?
    bTxb2hM.png
  • Rollercookies also have a pumpkin spice flavor
    wBPtYPX.png
  • And now for some spooky cookies.. pumpkin, eyeball, and spider!
    mqgQsNR.png
    8juqAKS.png
    EtE58Ft.png
  • Sprinklers and Sprinklings are also feeling the Halloween spirit! Featuring candy corn and eye candy variants!
    97uiuWt.png
    drr2kvr.png
    Eu8y5ru.png
    RdrwxA3.png
  • Pumpkins grown on Confected grass will appear a little sweeter..
    OX5GPf3.png

And now for some non-Halloween additions and changes!
  • Forgot about the Bonbonny Banner, so here it is!
    d9DdVJA.png
  • And the cage sprite too
    XceMwji.png
  • This was done years ago but somehow never made it in.. Crazy Cone banner now updated to match its updated look!
    SyueVAy.png
  • Iscreamers now have a low chance to drop a new slicing weapon, the Bear Claw!
    Ud7T8c3.png
  • A new look for the Confection crate, with a splash of new colors
    20z8quQ.png
    ->
    uw1w03a.png
  • Gummy Worm is now Gummy Wyrm, with a whole new look with different variants! They spread wide and try to kiss you if you're close.
    DoyZ49f.png
    ->
    0wEhFgK.png
  • 6OvzlTD.png
  • Gummy Wyrms no longer split apart like the Eater of Worlds, stats and drop rates adjusted accordingly
  • Baby gummy worms can be found and captured, like every other critter, and can be used as bait
    8O9w79w.png
    rZpJUJO.png
  • Comes with a caged version as well
    fkscm3P.png
  • In this world of pure imagination.. will you be the lucky one? The Wonker is here!
    b7uhokv.png
  • He drops one piece of his outfit every time, have fun sugar coating it up.
    o5gRJDB.png
    (Thanks to @AntithesisEK for the silly pun!)
  • Pretty spiffy!
    57zr8Ku.png
  • Wonker also sometimes drops the Golden Ticket, which replaces the Rootbeer Float. Foamin' Float will drop this as well.
    fSOty5D.png
    ->
    wJZlZmN.png
  • A banner.. to match the.. style.. of the Groom and Dr. Bones ones. Huh.
    39xZgnZ.png
  • Where did Sugar Mama go? This Dudley wasn't wearing a super crown the entire time, was it? They like to charge up and fling at you! Clinging to walls and ceilings, they'll also drop down from above.
    aepimU2.png
  • And a banner, of course
    bAlNszQ.png
  • The sugar darling.. actually the Dudling, will need a Taffy Apple drop instead of the Sugar Bottle Pop
    tg9r7r8.png
    ->
    pxdvd52.png
    QBNt1an.png
  • The chocolate Rollercookie is looking a lot more detailed.. and mischevous!
    GCdMwF5.png
    ->
    Q0O9tzv.png
  • The.. brand name All Boss cookie is slightly more detailed as well!
    9bzdJoZ.png
    ->
    KSQjlvE.png
  • Linked some nearby images into one to lessen the image count

That's about it for now! Wow, the gummy wyrm colors were a nightmare. Will update the post later today, kinda busy! Hope you all have a Happy Halloween! Because Confectioneen just doesn't sound as good..

I will say, I love the Wonker. Clever, amazing sprite and everything. That said, don't rare zombies usually spawn in places where zombie spawns are commonplace? Like, the Jungle surface has some, the Blood Moon has a lot, and the Confection doesn't seem like a place for rotting limbs everywhere.

Regardless, no need to follow patterns; you can be a first! Excited to see this coming back as soon as I did.

EDIT: Just realized that there's no Sky Fracture counterpuff yet! Let's fix that.

Dream Puff Scepter
Crafted with 2 Cream Puffs, an Aqua Scepter and 16 Souls of Light
24 magic damage. Fires several short range Cream Puffs (like a Bubble Gun from Fishron). When enemies get close, each one fires a spurt of vanilla cream that acts like an Aqua Scepter projectile and then disappears.

Last edited:
Seriously, do you ever plan to make a mod for this? Come to think of it, nobody seems to have made an alternate world good/evil mod yet. Is it just really hard to do?

Seriously, do you ever plan to make a mod for this? Come to think of it, nobody seems to have made an alternate world good/evil mod yet. Is it just really hard to do?
Yes, very. For an alt Hallow, you'd have to overwrite all spawning of the Hallow in addition to adding your own biome. Which is going to be thousands of blocks, causing a ton of lag, etc.

However, I may have just figured out a way to do it. You could probably make an alternate Wall of Flesh, and make the regular one unable to spawn in Crimson worlds. That way, once defeated, the other wall cannot activate Hardmode but add the alternate Hallow to the world instead of the current one.

Alt Corruption/Crimson? I got no clue. Cause that's literally the only world generation feature besides size that can be selected and isn't determined by a seed; rather, the seed is determined by which evil you have in your world. This means that you can't just tack on an alternate evil biome like you can for, say, an underground ocean. Your evil biome would literally have to be the center of world generation. (And biome code is harder at world generation than something like the Hallow as it is anyway. Yorai actually had to help with some biome code back in the day.)

Last I heard though, the Antiaris mod is trying to add the Torment biome idea (from my signature) into their mod. It'll take a while but it is something to watch.

Yes, very. For an alt Hallow, you'd have to overwrite all spawning of the Hallow in addition to adding your own biome. Which is going to be thousands of blocks, causing a ton of lag, etc.

However, I may have just figured out a way to do it. You could probably make an alternate Wall of Flesh, and make the regular one unable to spawn in Crimson worlds. That way, once defeated, the other wall cannot activate Hardmode but add the alternate Hallow to the world instead of the current one.

Alt Corruption/Crimson? I got no clue. Cause that's literally the only world generation feature besides size that can be selected and isn't determined by a seed; rather, the seed is determined by which evil you have in your world. This means that you can't just tack on an alternate evil biome like you can for, say, an underground ocean. Your evil biome would literally have to be the center of world generation. (And biome code is harder at world generation than something like the Hallow as it is anyway. Yorai actually had to help with some biome code back in the day.)

Last I heard though, the Antiaris mod is trying to add the Torment biome idea (from my signature) into their mod. It'll take a while but it is something to watch.
Dang. Well, there goes my chance of ever realizing my rusty, metallic evil biome, the Corrosion. I've never even tried my hand at modding anyway.

Dang. Well, there goes my chance of ever realizing my rusty, metallic evil biome, the Corrosion. I've never even tried my hand at modding anyway.
Watch the Antiaris. It's open source on Github. If they update it with the Torment, you can literally snag code from it and credit em.

Today the Confection turns 4 years old. Happy birthday, Confection! As a desserted land, it only makes sense for some birthday content to fit in, right? It's not much, but maybe at the 5 year mark there'll be something even bigger!

• Rollercookies will rarely spawn as a birthday variant, appearing near the beginning of December
    3hPkAsg.png
  • Ever wanted to wear a cake on your head? They have a small chance to drop the Top Cake vanity item!
    iN8r7Mz.png
    vRFnfVY.png
  • To celebrate 4 sweet years, the original Rollercookie will uncommonly spawn as well!
    BjjAHbx.png

Unfortunately that's it as far as birthday stuff goes. I spent too much time working on touching up previous content, so that's worth checking out too!

• Cherry Crumbs, which strangely were never listed outside of recipes, which I thought I fixed awhile back.. anyway.. are now Cherry Shells, with a brand new look!
    OIA2NeL.png
    ->
    FTjzpwb.png
  • Cherry Bombs are finally updated too. The original sprite wasn't even intended for the Confection but for a different game project!
    OqaoPfC.png
    ->
    xL2X0P7.png
  • Cherry Arrows have a new look and are now known as Cherryburst Arrows
    5TPvjKS.png
    ->
    5aYY7uI.png
  • Cream Ice is now Blue Ice, dripping with blueberry juice, made from awhile back
    UhQ8ANc.png
    oHpsem1.png
    ->
    ZfpZmaq.png
  • The Golden Ticket is now even more referential, now known as the C-cret Ticket
    wJZlZmN.png
    ->
    b0LuMpK.png
  • Taffy Apple actually has some taffy on it now, with some peppermint bark
    pxdvd52.png
    ->
    ICV9bYK.png
  • As requested, the Wonker's less gross and better fits the Confection theme
    b7uhokv.png
    ->
    vrOS449.png
  • Wonker is now known as Wild Willy
  • Super huge difference with the worn Wonky set
    57zr8Ku.png
    ->
    nVcyqni.png
  • The Neapolinite sets have been touched up, showcased by Hazel and Copper!
    7OgQODb.png
    ->
    KBDpBiL.png
  • Inventory pieces updated as well
    AyhmAb9.png
    ->
    8IEQnZa.png
    TVmYDX9.png
    ->
    1ZAtmYx.png
    0wO89qV.png
    ->
    1GI2p6R.png
    kKpnuM5.png
    ->
    Gi1xWpl.png
    hrRHhf7.png
    ->
    vp4SGcN.png
    uEsEvOf.png
    ->
    nbBDfnD.png
  • Headgear piece has a new look, if you didn't notice
    1GI2p6R.png
  • Wild Airy Blue example made even sparklier!
    4ZVxKEg.png
    ->
    dCuxHRT.png
  • Meowzer's laser now actually looks like a laser, and not a flag
    rtadr84.png
    ->
    5eec9hv.png
  • Rollercookies now come in a chocolate with white chip variant
    QJdMfVU.png
  • Grouped the ordinary Rollercookies into one image to save image cap space
  • Iscreamers have a more compact form, with tweaked vanilla and cotton candy colors, and pumpkin getting blue eyes
    VjAw4cL.png
    flkFx3o.png
    q5uDYJu.png
    PRTW8jh.png
    y6YDP8V.png
    bTxb2hM.png
    ->
    4qC3giB.png
  • A new weapon, the Candlelighter, which finally acts as an alternate to the Flamethrower
    SpG2SxD.png

And still, there's so much more that needs tweaking and touching up! But that's it for now. Or maybe first.. as a birthday bonus, some trivia:

• As said above, the old cherry bomb graphic was originally intended for a game project involving Azure. Four years ago, I was lazy and I think only slightly modified the stem maybe, but it never really fit the Terraria-style.
  • Similarly, the Pop Rocket's fired rocket was also a power up for said game project.
  • In case it wasn't obvious to those who know the character, Icecream Gal is a more generic and simplified design of my character Azure.
  • The Confection would have been ready by December 1st, but four years ago it was Cyber Monday, so I waited a day to let the Cyber have its related, but unassociated special day!
  • I may have mentioned this before, but the Confection was originally going to have pink scooped grass. Then I went for a white scoop design, then went with a cream color, and years later, went with cream-colored candied grass instead.
  • All the neapolinite helmets originally were all vanilla colored, as all other multi-helmet sets follow the same color schemes, but the neapolinite set allowed the possibility of different appearances with the same material.
  • The first tree designs involved a more tentacle-like design which wrapped around giant cones that held icecream scoops. One of the cones from this scratched design was resized and edited to become the Iscreamer's cone, back when it still had one.
  • Another thing I'm sure I've said, but the biome was known as "The Creamery" when under development, never as a serious name but as a place holder. It wasn't until I think I heard the word Confection or Confectionery on TV that came instantly as the new name.
  • The creamwood furniture set was made during a sprite contest ages ago on Terraria Online I believe, as Daimera once pointed out, which was repurposed as a furniture set for the Confection.
  • As quite a few have pointed out how the Confection is "too silly even for Terraria," and made the comparison to Light vs Dark, Life vs Death, Chaos vs Order, and then Spice vs Sweets.. well.. this is obviously a fan biome, and if the Confection was ever a real Terraria biome along with the Sensation, then I'd imagine these biomes only becoming available after a playthrough of a Corruption or Crimson playthrough, perhaps by the time when hardmode is unlocked, where the game unlocks the evil biome selector. If I had my way, I'd also probably lock Crimson behind this wall (of flesh) as well, as I think Corruption-Hallow makes the best first Terraria experience.

Some planned things to come:
  • Every rollercookie, even the newest recolors, will be given a unique texture. The pumpkin and chocolate with chips were kind of last minute additions!
  • Rollercookie-themed mount is coming!
  • Confected Islands..
  • Some AI changes to make some mobs more unique
  • And..

There's still a lot to touch up on, and a lot more I want to add to this biome, even after all these updates and years! I also have other biomes I need to update as well, and as you can tell from my signature, quite a few more biomes to be made! There is also a huge boss overhaul project I'm wanting to work on, which ties in with a big biome overhaul as well, along with something with the endgame. It's.. it's a lot of work! I don't know if I'll ever finish it all, but I can try!

For now, you might be able to expect some Holiday-related Confection updates, but I'm really wanting to get the big Gully update done, a small Depths one, and then finally an alternate Dungeon biome in time for my 1,337th post (because that matters soooo much). You might be able to expect a new Corruption alt and Hallow alt in the future too.. but I think I'm getting ahead of myself! If only spriting didn't take so much time!

Anyway.. thank you for a sweet four years of Confection!
zwSU2tr.png

And as always, the update will take a bit before the main posts update.

hOLVOhQ.png
hOLVOhQ.png
Q0O9tzv.png
KSQjlvE.png
ZjC8HWq.png
wBPtYPX.png

VjAw4cL.png
flkFx3o.png
q5uDYJu.png
PRTW8jh.png
y6YDP8V.png
bTxb2hM.png

Last edited:
I LOOOOOOVE THE IDEA ive been looking at this for a long time great to see a crimson in hardmode the hallow was og like corruption

Back
Top Bottom