Biomes & Nature [Sprites] -The Cyber- a worthy adversary for the Crimson

fluttershy_want_animation_by_skye326-d5l4k9j.gif

It was only an idea. I was not suggesting a third wall either it would be a second to the Wof, and are you saying that expert mode http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/item-3-000.2652/ is a dumb idea? Also I was suggesting that the cyber could be an actual biome all it's own, not a replacement. Yes this get's rid of the idea for a replacement biome but it would also make it more common and give it a more usefull purpose. And about the boss being identical, welp there goes the twins, and the destroyer and skeletron prime...
Ah, but see, all three of those examples have their own unique twists. The Destroyer is much larger, fires lasers at you, and spawns annoying little probes that attack you regardless of where you are, the Twins features two different styles of attacking (one focusing on short-range but much more devastating attacks and the other focusing on long range), and Skeletron Prime, while a similar concept has very different attack patterns due to the varied arm functions. A wall of steel would just be another wall boss (which to be honest are kind of boring in the first place- I was never very happy with the wall of flesh). As for Expert Mode, that's not a hardmode successor, and if you actually read you'd know this. It's a separate mode, probably one chosen on world creation.

And again, Cyber is designed to be a replacement. Let's keep it with zoomo's original intention, please.

Ah, but see, all three of those examples have their own unique twists. The Destroyer is much larger, fires lasers at you, and spawns annoying little probes that attack you regardless of where you are, the Twins features two different styles of attacking (one focusing on short-range but much more devastating attacks and the other focusing on long range), and Skeletron Prime, while a similar concept has very different attack patterns due to the varied arm functions. A wall of steel would just be another wall boss (which to be honest are kind of boring in the first place- I was never very happy with the wall of flesh). As for Expert Mode, that's not a hardmode successor, and if you actually read you'd know this. It's a separate mode, probably one chosen on world creation.

And again, Cyber is designed to be a replacement. Let's keep it with zoomo's original intention, please.
Exactly. The Crimson never fit in with the Hallow, and the Cyber fixes this.

You have my support . You filling a blank part for me. ( I thinked a sugar biome or crystal biome for counter the crimson flesh world ^^ , but your idea and hardwork is more cooler! )
Makes us dream

can someone make me this into Terrablade?? (like make it into an .xml or what ever the files are)True Wrath of The Gods new.png

Oooh! A Hallow alt... Never thought of that before.
Also this would give a good reason for the Cyborg and Steampunker NPCs.

Perfect idea to have a machine counterpart to the Crimson.

A few suggestions, not meant to be criticisms of any kind, just something to think about maybe.

1. Maybe the trees could be converted into antennae/satellite dishes of some kind?
2. Like with Tobbvald's "Covert", I suggested going with an H word so it's more in line with the Hallow. Perhaps "The Hyperium"?

Ze la DemDem supports Zoomo's alt Hallow!
It makes sense, Hallow (the inner good) vs Corruption (inner evil) with Cyber (inner judgement) vs Crimson (inner instinct). Make me feel that the biomes portray those.

2. Like with Tobbvald's "Covert", I suggested going with an H word so it's more in line with the Hallow. Perhaps "The Hyperium"?
Or we can as I already stated correlate the whole "C" shenanigans with the fact that as it stands the Hallow is the only infection without a C in its name. In fact, have them all start with C makes much more sense, especially since that's already the trend that's happening.
Ze la DemDem supports Zoomo's alt Hallow!
It makes sense, Hallow (the inner good) vs Corruption (inner evil) with Cyber (inner judgement) vs Crimson (inner instinct). Make me feel that the biomes portray those.
This has already been covered by this point, but Hallow is not "the inner good", it's "the inner light", and Corruption is "the inner darkness". They're both evil, just different alignments.

Or we can as I already stated correlate the whole "C" shenanigans with the fact that as it stands the Hallow is the only infection without a C in its name. In fact, have them all start with C makes much more sense, especially since that's already the trend that's happening.
Henix man you gotta relax. There is not a "recurring pattern of all infectious biomes starting with C". There's a recurring pattern of "dark" biomes starting with C. And that's only two, man. The Hallow is currently the only "Light" biome and it has set the trend of H.

If you're so hard-up on everything starting with C I'm surprised you haven't suggested the Hallow be renamed. Calling it "The Clarity" would be easy.

Henix man you gotta relax. There is not a "recurring pattern of all infectious biomes starting with C". There's a recurring pattern of "dark" biomes starting with C. And that's only two, man. The Hallow is currently the only "Light" biome and it has set the trend of H.

If you're so hard-up on everything starting with C I'm surprised you haven't suggested the Hallow be renamed. Calling it "The Clarity" would be easy.
Actually it's more of a "I don't actually care and neither should you" kind of thing

plus it irks me when people make suggestions like that which both defeat the point of the name (it is actually "Cyber" for a reason, and not just because it fits) and are just so trivial it shouldn't even matter

Actually it's more of a "I don't actually care and neither should you" kind of thing
I think it should be up to me to decide what I do and don't care about, don't you? No? Too bad.

plus it irks me when people make suggestions like that which both defeat the point of the name (it is actually "Cyber" for a reason, and not just because it fits) and are just so trivial it shouldn't even matter
That's sad because I disagree. I made a suggestion and I'm completely entitled now and forever to do so at any time I wish.

Try and stop me.

Just popping in to let you guys know to cool it a little bit. No need to get heated.

Do remember that this is suggestion/thread belongs to someone else; You are free to give feedback, criticism and suggest tweaks but they are in no way required to be added or listened to by the author. The same applies to other people reading the thread... try not to take everything so seriously, take it with a pinch of salt and don't start any arguments or heated debates over it.
You're all here to show some form of support for the suggestion, so try to get along :naughty:

Suggestion. Have the electric guitar shoot the same exact projectiles as the harp, in the same way (the farther away your cursor is, the faster the projectiles go). Maybe have the notes look a little different, maybe jagged or vibrating. The difference between the two weapons is that the guitar fires 3-5 notes, but in completely random directions.

Back
Top Bottom