Biomes & Nature [Sprites] -The Cyber- a worthy adversary for the Crimson

Hey Zoomo I've known your suggestion for a long time but it is just now that I have read it throughly and I find it really interesting although there are some things bothering me like how you didn't quite develop the palette that is illustrating the robots and the environment, it all looks so generic and gray-scaled.
So I sprited this robot thing to show you what I mean, it could be more colorful:
HdDFhNC.gif
This is also a bad example because it's not futuristic looking but my points on the colors.

Also.. Cyan Ice xP

Also.. Flappy Bird

Following that the mechs don't fit either. Cyber is basically a biome almost themed after them; if you don't like it then you should probably be complaining about the Mech bosses too.

IMO, the Hardmode bosses do fit, they Blind in with the Textures terraria has, but the textures this suggestion/whatever you wanna call it, looks more suited for Starbound, it's like trying to add Borderlands to CoD,

IMO, the Hardmode bosses do fit, they Blind in with the Textures terraria has, but the textures this suggestion/whatever you wanna call it, looks more suited for Starbound, it's like trying to add Borderlands to CoD,
I fail to see what you mean here. They're designed with the same basic style as the mechs, and really... Starbound is a completely different cup of tea. Its monsters look like a random assortment of goo... things and whatever else, the trees look nothing like what's being proposed, the style just overall is a lot more Terraria than Starbound.

the style just overall is a lot more Terraria than Starbound.

i fail to see what you mean there... it looks totally out of place in terraria, like i said before, it's like putting Borderlands into something like CoD, putting a Cartoon-ish art-style into a Real-ish Art-style. Terraria has a nice, smooth like Art-style where As Starbound Has a Brighter more in-depth Art-style, which this Suggestion is sorta taking on, making it look totally out of place! The Hardmode bosses Aren't all in-depth like how starbound has its textures.

you know, :red: it, i'm not gonna bother going on with this, it's not even gonna lead anywhere.

in short, IMO, the suggestion is bad and the Art-style would be more suit'd for the likes of Starbound.

Edit: Also, "a worthy alt for the Crimson", An Alt of an Alt, gg.

i fail to see what you mean there... it looks totally out of place in terraria, like i said before, it's like putting Borderlands into something like CoD, putting a Cartoon-ish art-style into a Real-ish Art-style. Terraria has a nice, smooth like Art-style where As Starbound Has a Brighter more in-depth Art-style, which this Suggestion is sorta taking on, making it look totally out of place! The Hardmode bosses Aren't all in-depth like how starbound has its textures.

you know, :red: it, i'm not gonna bother going on with this, it's not even gonna lead anywhere.

in short, IMO, the suggestion is bad and the Art-style would be more suit'd for the likes of Starbound.
And I fail to see how it is more "in-depth" considering for the most part it follows the same style. None of this uses Starbound's art style- it is completely different. The furniture and tiles are based off of (in fact some parts are recolors) what's already in Terraria, Moderators and Drones look pretty similar to Probes, the Mechanical Mummy is literally a tweaked mummy sprite (Which isn't a bad thing, mind you), the saw blade looks a lot like the blazing wheel (it's supposed to), just slightly different design...

None of this is "starbound-style" as you put it. Sure, the setting would fit with Starbound, but the art style wouldn't at all. Saying it's like Starbound-style is like saying Starbound's grass is Terraria style- neither of them are. Because trust me, for starters, if this was "Starbound-style", it'd be 1x1 pixels, not 2x2. In fact, give me a sec I'll get some mech boss sprites to compare- particularly the Destroyer.
The_Destroyer.png

This is the Destroyer.
Probe.png

This is one of his probes.
index.php
Probe.png

Consider how similar these look in terms of style.
index.php
Probe.png

Though it's hard to see, these are of a similar style as well.

Now look through here. Look at the various sprites. Notice the stark differences. The sprites I've already pulled up are at the real size- they are not zoomed in. They also have much more rigid and contrasted borders, which you can see quite clearly. Starbound uses less contrasted borders, opting for darker shaded ones instead of straight-up black borders- this makes them look smoother and less sharp. Notice the absence of that in zoomo's sprites. All of them. Every single one. As well, as already mentioned, Starbound uses 1x1 pixel sprites instead of 2x2 (but without anti-aliasing, so it still looks like pixel art), which also results in a more smooth look. In the Terraria wiki, the sprites are not resized because they don't need to be. On the Starbound Wiki, they ARE resized and enlarged, to allow you to see it better.

TL;DR: Cyber looks more like the existing mechanical bosses than Starbound, and if you'd actually taken the time to analyze the style instead of making assumptions (never make an assumption, it makes an :red: out of U and Mption) based on one look you'd know this.

This is kinda like the hallow is to the corruption. The hallow hates the corruption cuz its the essence of evil so the cyber will hate the crimson cuz its all flesh and its all mechanical. So im proposing that if you have crimson in your world you will get the cyber instead of hallow and if you have corruption you get the hallow.

How 'bout this, we just leave this Crap out to die, instead of beating a dead horse... I'm being the better man but just stopping the train on the spot and not adding more wood to the fire...
How is essentially ignoring what I'm saying despite me providing legitimate evidence to back up my viewpoint (essentially refusing to even try to understand things the way I do, which you would not be the first person to do this) simply in hopes of correcting your askew viewpoint "being the better man"? If I was trying to troll you, sure, that'd be "being the better man", however running away from a debate isn't being the better man, it's... well, no offense meant here, but it's being a coward because you plainly refuse to admit you might actually be wrong. I am simply trying to peacefully get my point across.

-Edit'd to save space-

Tbh, your just keeping the Main topic off track + adding more wood to a fire that should be put out, So just stop here and go do something else, like writing a Song, or looking for a job or something that isn't taking a thread off it's main topic...

This is kinda like the hallow is to the corruption. The hallow hates the corruption cuz its the essence of evil so the cyber will hate the crimson cuz its all flesh and its all mechanical. So im proposing that if you have crimson in your world you will get the cyber instead of hallow and if you have corruption you get the hallow.
Um... that's how it's supposed to work.

Zoomo, what I propose is that you change "alt" back to "adversary" to avoid confusion. :p

I like this a lot, though I'm definitely getting a Starbound vibe. I think this could be a really cool addition and its great to see how fleshes out it is.

Because tAPI isn't updated to 1.2.4.1 and no one's thought to pursue it?

To be honest though, if Cyber isn't implemented in the main game I have no doubts that SOMEONE will jump on it and make a mod to add it for tAPI.
Man I hope so. It'd be nice if they wrapped Tobbvald's stuff in there too, eh?
Starbound doesn't use thick black outlines in the 16 bit Super Nintendo style that Terraria does, and neither does the artwork presented here for the Cyber. I agree that the DESIGN of the crystal trees is more akin to something you'd find in Starbound but the way they're drawn lets them fit into Terraria juuust fine (and better, in fact).

I had a nerdgasm from reading this. And I normally hate reading.
The only thing I don't completely agree with is the visual effects of some blocks and mobs, as well as the new idea to make hallowed bars.
Already, the armor effects kind of annoy me, and being on mobs would be worse. Maybe there should be an option to remove those effects in the options menu...

May I also add, I love the whole "seven deadly sins" reference you made there, but as soon as I was reading the crafting recepies, the whole detailed design of each of the cores confused me. To be honest, I thought you would need boss masks to make that stuff!

Finally, you girls can prance around with your pixies and unicorns and :red2:. While I'm going to be having the most fun man can have vs machine in the Cyber! Rocking out with a guitar and a probe being my personal spotlight!

Back
Top Bottom