Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Depths: An Alternate Underworld

What's the point in another Underworld? It's a combination of the Corruption and Crimson. There is seriously no need for another underworld.
I honestly never understood what the point of certain "alternate biomes" are. There has never been a need for another Underworld, and there never will be

But I've never heard an alternate suggestion that sounds good.

The Depths just looks like negative colors for the Underworld
The Confection is something for a 3-year-old's cartoon
The Flower Garden is literally the Forest with flowers
Scerpugant is completely unnecessary because the only thing that spazzy has that represents crimson is the cursed flames

If any of these were added, it would probably decrease replayability for many people because I don't want to waste time on any crappy alternates.

"Large amount of creativity" > literally a recolor

@hogndog

It is fine if you dislike a suggestion and desire to help improve it by offering constructive criticism, but if you are just here to talk about how much you dislike alternatives without offering any constructive advise, you do not need to be posting. Please either offer constructive criticism, or ignore the suggestion.

Your opinion =/= most people's opinions. You're being rude; these large suggestions take a lot of effort and creativity, so you shouldn't be an :red: about it.

Please report & move on if there are posts which potentially violate Forum Rules & Culture.

What's the point in another Underworld? It's a combination of the Corruption and Crimson. There is seriously no need for another underworld.
I honestly never understood what the point of certain "alternate biomes" are. There has never been a need for another Underworld, and there never will be

Red doesn't work on the game anymore
Yes he does, please check your facts.

Full support! (but quicksilver is a Fourth Liquid @Snickerbobble, I do not see a need for said liquid because if you combine every BIOME suggestion then Re-Logic will add more than 4 liquids)
As I understand it, more than 4 liquids CAN exist, but it could cause some performance issues. With some work, these soft limitations can be uplifted, I think!

I mean, there was never a need for the Crimson either, and we still got it. In fact.. you can make this argument for anything in the game. That nothing in the game is entirely NEEDED. However, we can want things in the game, and they could become a reality.

Scerpugant is completely unnecessary because the only thing that spazzy has that represents crimson is the cursed flames

If any of these were added, it would probably decrease replayability for many people because I don't want to waste time on any crappy alternates.
The Depths has a different theme from the Underworld. Rather than being hell itself, it's a deep cavern full of dark creatures and themed after geology, rather than hellfire and demons.

Say how childish you find the Confection is, but it's an alt to a world of unicorns, rainbows, pixies, and Dr. Seuss styled trees.

If by Flower Garden you mean the Gully, that's about as unfair as calling the Jungle "literally the forest with thorns."

Sclerepugnant isn't mine but whatever.

I think you should speak for yourself and not others. There is a good amount of support for these biomes and I appreciate all of it as well as what could be improved on. But if you're just here to say my stuff sucks, you are accomplishing nothing. Do you know how rude this is? You do not need to like or agree with my work but how about some common decency? You can tell a ton of time and passion went into these projects so I would appreciate you not dropping by just to call my stuff "crappy." I can't say how disrespectful that is.

"Large amount of creativity" > literally a recolor
A literal recolor? Besides seeds which is only due to them all being recolors of each other, and the tree due to laziness, I do not think this suggestion has any recolors. Unless you count the Crystal King and King Coal, which are recolors of my own sprites. Maybe I'll change them later. But I think that's it. And even if you do manage to find one recolor, 99% of the thread is original work.

Could I maybe use some of these assets in my mod? Your name would be put into the credits & you'll have a special item named after you :)

Suggestion for the Fishing hook of The Depths:
Adamantine Fishing Hook
Makes fishing in the Depths possible. 45% Fishing power and has 5% chance of not breaking the line. Disabled when High Test Fishing Line is equipped. 1/75 chance of being obtained in Hardmode from the Angler after 25 quests.
It is hard yet the line is unbreakable.

As a heads up, you'll want to look into Biome Lib. They're adding the ability to make alternate Underworlds in a near future update.
Thanks for the heads up. I am thinking of making it an option to have the depths or the underworld (similar to the corruption and crimson choices).

Last edited:

Actually, I think it's better to have at least 1 alternate for each biome (except the Forest and Ocean, of course). This, for the sole reason that not only it increases replayability, but trust me, a Terraria game is 200% more fun with two alternative biomes. The world I'm playing on right now has a Corruption made up from a world editor. And it's quite fun to counter the invasion of three biomes at a time. Imagine a fourth.
In 1.2, we got Crimson as an alternative to the Corruption.
Why shouldn't we have an alternative to the biomes you are citing ?
I think Terraria yet lacks diversity of terms of alternate biomes.

This is my favorite suggestion out of the five you have shared; I love the Thousand Year Door references!

I hope that sometime in the future someone makes a mod with all four biome alternatives:
Snickerbobble’s Confection, Depths and Gulley with AntithesisEK’s Sensation

I truly believe that if these four were made into a mod that it would be amazing!

While it looks GREAT, I always get a feeling that it fits a mod more than the actual game.
either way, it looks enjoyable.
upload_2019-2-5_21-55-14.png

the statement "all four biome alternatives" is stupid, because there is way more than four.
I think he was specifically talking about Snickerbobble alt biome suggestions. While the Sensation was made by AntithesisEK, it was a collaboration between the two of them, since it's supposed to be an alt for the Confection.

Back
Top Bottom