Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Depths: An Alternate Underworld

Does the hand grip to deal more damage?
I Just Coded It To See What It Would Look Like Ingame :p
upload_2015-6-15_23-19-39.png

This thing is so filled with awesome references and inside jokes, I just can't take it anymore.

Am I right in guessing that the Crystal King references Adventure Time? We also have a shovel being used as a weapon, a crystal skull, a silver surfboard, and... Staff of a Thousand Years. You're really, really good at this.

Didn't I tell you to post this when I wasn't sleeping!? Well it doesn't matter... This is AWESOME!!! Originally when you said chasme I thought of the creature from D&D, and thought it would somehow revolve around it. Boy was I wrong! I especially like all the references you put in it. Keep up the good work! :dryadsmile:

25z6Fba.png
YHY4nUG.png

Cthonic Cloak
Info: For each minion summoned, a purple cthonic crystal
Q6U5Z1n.png
orbits the player, possibly protecting them from projectiles and damages enemies that walk into them for 5 damage per crystal (four crystals would do 20 damage each). Full Geode Armor increases the speed, size, and damage of these crystals to 8 damage. Will be tinkerable with Bee Cloak.
This is a rather cool accessory idea, I never would have thought of the damage of the orbiting things increasing with the amount of minions and the amount of them increasing as well.
Will be tinkerable with Bee Cloak.
Slight problem here, the bees would lower the DPS if the tinker is added as is. Of course I'm hoping they fix it so it is a relevant item in hardmode so this wouldn't be a problem.

I'd probably use it.

The Head and the Arms should have more HP; they'll be killed in a few seconds. I say raise it to 3,000 and 700 (respectively for each arm) and maybe nerf the heart HP to 4,500. AND make it so that the heart can only be damaged after the arms are dead/the head is dead? Oh, and good job.
Thanks. I'll make some adjustments to the stats. It's hard to balance something out when you can't test it in-game :p

Well, nice!
How do we fit in the backstory, though? Kinda hard...
Eh? It's just some for-fun lore.

Woah that's absolutely amazing. I really enjoy the references to paper Mario and the thousand year door. Really well done, I enjoyed reading this.
It's one of my favorite games. I remember as a kid paying the full 50 bucks when it came out. It was worth it!

Thanks!

This really does look amazing, and it would be even more amazing if it was in-game! Wonderful sprite. Good work ^-^
I wish! Or at least as a mod. Thank you!

Pickaxe? I think you mean axe.
Petrified wood is actually stone, not wood.

That would be like trying to hammer a furniture item. People will use an axe then give up.
You mean like smashing altars with a Pwnhammer? That's smashing a furniture item with a hammer. Shadow Orbs and Crimson Hearts, too.

Why does that look like Pax0l.
Anyways, I really like this idea, as it makes it sorta like eith the two evils where the alternates don't have to tie in with each other. Also Waluigi vanity. All the Waluigi vanity. WAH.
I liek it, especially the sprites and originality! I dont have my seal anymore, but you have my approval.
Ohh yeah, and also

I see what you did there :dryadnaughty:
IgG9QMv.png

Chaxol/Paxme has awoken!

(Wait.. why did I recolor for the Guide too..?)

Another snicker bobble thread? YES! I caught this baby early on! Cant wait to read it!

OFFICIAL REFLECTION : I've always loved crystals, minerals, and all that stuff. This idea really sparked that up! I love the creative weapons such as the white lightning, palladium shield. Your sprites are absolutely amazing, showing no signs of simple resprites or anything! Everything seems transcribed from some sort of creative essence, and your ideas don't seem to overlap with just about anyone else's. I stayed up late the night before finals just so I could finish reading this! Keep up the amazing work!
Well.. I only cheated a little bit. Besides the obvious seeds and solutions, I didn't feel like spriting a new tree (those take quite a lot of work), so I simply recolored a snow tree. I may get around to making its own unique texture, however!

Thanks. :dryadsmile:

This is probably the best biome suggestion I have ever seen. It's amazaing, beautiful, balanced and, just...

WOW!

I REALLY wish this is added to Terraria as soon as possible. Great job @Snickerbobble, KEEP, IT, UP
I wanted to keep a lot away from you guys so there was some surprise for you, too. Thanks!

Ok,this is amazing. Truly deserving of your 1000th post. More than deserving, actually. Just...Wow...so beautiful;(
I've gone over a week unable to make posts, now I'm finally free! Thank you!

"Wow." and "Amazing." are my only two words to say in reaction of this.

Also, amazing how you got 1000th/1001st posts with this!
Thanks! And that was intentional :p

Nice! Something looks a little off about it in-game, though. I may have to tweak the texture some :p

You really should have a banner to go with this...

Hmm, maybe I could have a try at it...
I think I'll get to making one soon, but you are free to try.

This thing is so filled with awesome references and inside jokes, I just can't take it anymore.

Am I right in guessing that the Crystal King references Adventure Time? We also have a shovel being used as a weapon, a crystal skull, a silver surfboard, and... Staff of a Thousand Years. You're really, really good at this.
He was first inspired by the Crystal King in the original Paper Mario, but as I gave him his blue cloak and crystal beard, he reminded me of Ice King, so I went with it. :p

There are quite a few more references too, ehehee~ I'll give one away as it might be easily missed!

iron-giant2.png
B3Ijh3T.png

I might have based the boss off of him if I hadn't already came up with Chasme :p. But Molten Armor reminds me of Iron Man, so Mercury Armor is Iron Giant!

Thanks!

Didn't I tell you to post this when I wasn't sleeping!? Well it doesn't matter... This is AWESOME!!! Originally when you said chasme I thought of the creature from D&D, and thought it would somehow revolve around it. Boy was I wrong! I especially like all the references you put in it (paxel :naughty:). Keep up the good work! :dryadsmile:
I tried! It took a few hours just typing all this stuff up :dryadconfused:.

Chasme is just the word Chasm with an E added on to it. I looked it up just to see if it's been used before and.. well I liked it too much to change it.

Thanks, though!

Awesome,great,10/10 and more to say!

I also wish this suggestion include some new picture...
Darkness_%28Placed%29.png
Yeah, I'm wanting to get to paintings some day. As Darkness fits well, the Depths will also have it. Thanks!

This is a rather cool accessory idea, I never would have thought of the damage of the orbiting things increasing with the amount of minions and the amount of them increasing as well.

Slight problem here, the bees would lower the DPS if the tinker is added as is. Of course I'm hoping they fix it so it is a relevant item in hardmode so this wouldn't be a problem.

I'd probably use it.
I thought minions needed some more attention, and that they could use an accessory more interesting than extra minions or damage. Plus it makes some good vanity! Thanks!

I'm hoping for the Honeycomb to be fixed in some way, like how Baconfry suggested here, or maybe just up the damage when you upgrade to Bee Cloak. This wouldn't be the first time an accessory gains effect out of no where through tinkers, such as Ankh Shield jumping up to 4 defense, or Celestial Magnet using an Avenger Emblem (12% increase damage) but resulting in 15% increased magic damage. As I imagine this would be a fun accessory, I want to see an upgrade that makes it useful at the endgame, but sadly the Star Cloak requirement makes it available as soon as Mimics become available :( Though most emblems and upgrades are available then too.. I'll think of something!

Thanks to everyone for the comments! I'll try to get to updating this eventually. ;)

Last edited:

<Content removed by staff>

First thing I thought of.

Also, the idea for a ferrofluid slime was just genius!
TTRdgba.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom