Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Depths: An Alternate Underworld

I'm still ironing out the story. But from a gaming standpoint you do have to summon her, unless instead I made her a random spawn somewhere in the Depths where you had to strike first to start the battle like the Cultists.

Right now.. it's more like.. you wake her up and she sees you and panics, and starts attacking. I've already dropped the sacrifice of the Guide to make it fit more, so some more changes might be made.

Also keep in mind the player has murdered her creations and has probably wrecked the place up quite a bit. Mining the arquerite and gems, dismantling buildings, stealing treasures, etc.

She really should ask questions first. I actually think that would a sweet mechanic to the fight; She sits and does nothing until you attack. If you sit there for more than 15 seconds she attacks because it's become obvious you're not going away.

I couldn't help but point out the reference to the Crystal King from Paper Mario, and (possibly) the King Coal boss from Banjo Tooie.

I support this, as the Underworld gets rather boring. Does quicksilver replace all lava?

When I was about to read this forum,I thought it would be the old boring biome ideas,but no.I'm given an amazing presentation about "the depths".Amazing idea!You have my support for this.
Derpy form:Redigit pls

Time for another small update!

• Updated Arquerite Bar's texture to fit the new 1.3 bar graphics
    El6fKM1.png
    ->
    ER4ZtnD.png
  • Added a pre-hardmode yoyo and hardmode yoyo

cIY3y8m.png

Skyfall
Speed: Fast
Damage: 21
Info: Silver rain will drip down from this yoyo, inflicting targets with a DPS debuff, however also speeds them up. Successful hits with the actual yoyo will also inflict this debuff buff, as well as splash silver particles that can debuff others.

BDwNLht.png

Blue Sphere
From: Randomly dropped by enemies in the Depths during Hardmode
Tooltip: 'Collect them all!'
Damage: 50
Info: A yellow sparkling trail will follow this yoyo, lasting about 5 seconds before catching up. When this trail is drawn in a ring, it will trigger a glittery explosion within the drawn area.

BDwNLht.png

Blue Sphere
Info: A yellow sparkling trail will follow this yoyo, lasting about 5 seconds before catching up. When this trail is drawn in a ring, it will trigger a glittery explosion within the drawn area.
Reminds me of when I played Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Once I got all of the Emeralds and Super Emeralds... NO MORE BLUE SPHERES. I don't want to do that minigame anymore. I don't want to collect them all anymore.

Last edited:
This needs to be added in terraria 1.4! @Redigit Please add this in 1.4! that would be so amazing! also a suggestion, this should be when there is a crimson in the world and the underworld for the corruption.
I like your enthusiasm but I don't think he's working on that one. I believe Cenx is the one in charge, though I don't advise tagging the developers in most circumstances. A thread like this can succeed on it's own.

• Updated Arquerite Bar's texture to fit the new 1.3 bar graphics
    El6fKM1.png
    ->
    ER4ZtnD.png
  • Added a pre-hardmode yoyo and hardmode yoyo

cIY3y8m.png

Skyfall
Damage: 21
Info: Silver rain will drip down from this yoyo, inflicting targets with a DPS debuff, however also speeds them up. Successful hits with the actual yoyo will also inflict this debuff buff, as well as splash silver particles that can debuff others.

BDwNLht.png

Blue Sphere
You know what? I like these. They have abilities that seem to have effort put into them.

Again.

A shadowstone giant
VS
A blob the size of guide's idiocy (It follows more instinct than thought. Maybe its formed out of the moron part of Guides brain, it is pretty laarge,)
[DOUBLEPOST=1437749807,1437749704][/DOUBLEPOST]I have an idea, when Chasme gets to certain points in Health, flashbacks appear. (You can skip them by right clicking so people grinding her dont have to cease fire because of a flashback.)

Just realized I never actually did anything with this suggestion, so...

It's a good alternate to the Underworld, though there are definitely more enemies.

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪ DANCE PAR-TAY!
[DOUBLEPOST=1437754005,1437753888][/DOUBLEPOST]Wanna know what would be awesome?

If Chasme were an NPC standing at a shadowstone cliff until you chopped at her. She would FREAK OUT and create a shadowstone giant to attack you.

Again.

A shadowstone giant
VS
A blob the size of guide's idiocy (It follows more instinct than thought. Maybe its formed out of the moron part of Guides brain, it is pretty laarge,)
[DOUBLEPOST=1437749807,1437749704][/DOUBLEPOST]I have an idea, when Chasme gets to certain points in Health, flashbacks appear. (You can skip them by right clicking so people grinding her dont have to cease fire because of a flashback.)
look, emotion and backstory aint really part of terraria

animated flashbacks aint got no place

a giant ON FIRE i might just might permit though

I have an idea, when Chasme gets to certain points in Health, flashbacks appear. (You can skip them by right clicking so people grinding her don't have to cease fire because of a flashback.)
I don't think flashbacks and cutscenes would really work in Terraria; plus, it would just add a lot of more work, not to mention, the player could easily get killed if they don't realize that the flashback ended, or if it ended too abruptly.

Anyways besides probably unused cutscenes,maybe she should be able to summon minions called (shadow name) because she is evil?

Back
Top Bottom