Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Gully: An Alternate Jungle

For having seen multiple times your work, i promise you a drawing specially from me. Because good work needs remuneration.
Art is always appreciated :dryadhappy: Thanks!

Awesome idea! I fully support this...
i see you have a lot of undertale references in here can we have a goat replace golem if you ever finish the ruins thanks
Thank you!

I was really into the game at the time and probably overdid it with the references. I do want to work more on this biome but I do not plan on any more references from there and want to focus on other games. Though that is not to say that I won't have one or two saved for another biome. I have a different direction I want to take with the alt Temple, inspired from one of my favorite games ever. :)

Art is always appreciated :dryadhappy: Thanks!

Thank you!

I was really into the game at the time and probably overdid it with the references. I do want to work more on this biome but I do not plan on any more references from there and want to focus on other games. Though that is not to say that I won't have one or two saved for another biome. I have a different direction I want to take with the alt Temple, inspired from one of my favorite games ever. :)
I don't really think you overdid it, maybe I just missed some. Here are the ones I found (Undertale Spoilers Ahead)
1. The boss is kind of like Omega Flowey (Defeat multiple targets, main target's defense drops to 0
2. Literally the Ruins

I love alternate biomes because they add more excitement when you create a world. Also I love that you have the hungry little caterpillar! This is a really well thought idea

The most important biome in the game should NOT have an alternate. 3 bosses (2 of which are required) spawn here, and this, well, isn't really the same theme as the Jungle. Plus, we really would be better off with new biomes, not just alterations of existing ones.

I don't really think you overdid it, maybe I just missed some. Here are the ones I found (Undertale Spoilers Ahead)
1. The boss is kind of like Omega Flowey (Defeat multiple targets, main target's defense drops to 0
2. Literally the Ruins
Well, no plans for Ruins, instead there will be an alt-temple inspired by one of my all-time favorite games.
KUprTga.png

..If I ever get around to it..
kpyt0b6.png

I love alternate biomes because they add more excitement when you create a world. Also I love that you have the hungry little caterpillar! This is a really well thought idea
Thanks! I don't think I've thought of it in over a decade, but it somehow came to me! I hope to add a few more obscure refs like it!

download link? cant find it :(
(if there is one because i want!!!!)

Not a mod, just an idea thread!

The most important biome in the game should NOT have an alternate. 3 bosses (2 of which are required) spawn here, and this, well, isn't really the same theme as the Jungle. Plus, we really would be better off with new biomes, not just alterations of existing ones.

It really seems like you really have something against my biomes in particular for some reason. I'm confused, you called my Depths suggestion "literally a recolor" but this is too different? If the biome can't be similar (which I think the Depths is very different, but it's your words), neither can it be different (which I find the Gully a lot more alike to the Jungle than Depths is to Underworld..), then what can it be?? Confusion here.
qNP5UDG.png

The problem with adding new biomes to the game that aren't alternates is that the world becomes more and more cramped with each additional biome. Even now, after the snow and desert biomes have been updated, worlds have barely any normal forest biome anymore. Now imagine adding a new biome to the surface. And maybe another one. The forest as it is is already like, 10% of the surface. SAVE THE FOREST!

But when you add new alternate biomes, it gives us a new biome without the cramming factor. Both is good, but biomes can take turns.

Also the Corruption was arguably the most important biome in the game prior to 1.2. It was needed for goblins, meteorites, and access to mining Hellstone, as well as some pretty sweet gear, including the Night's Edge. Demon altars were also necessary for boss summons and hardmode ore. And then all the hardmode content. But then 1.2 hit and the Corruption received its own alternate. So, given all this, I'd say the Jungle is also up for an alternate biome if the devs decided to put the time into it.

Back
Top Bottom