Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Sensation - Inferno of Flavor - Anti-Confection

An explanation on your comment would be great instead of just blurting out "Yes"
[DOUBLEPOST=1428966604][/DOUBLEPOST]
I never truly knew you so.. you could remove the "JK"
I know you, kind of... At least better than I know a lot of people here.
We're in a conversation together...
We should get back on topic.

Epic! But honestly, I was expecting something more... broad for the anti-Confection than another food biome. Still cool nonetheless, I was just saying.

(also, @Snickerbobble, it's time to change the treats around :p)

It's pretty broad, honestly. The general themes are plants and heat, not a huge amount of actual cuisine reference involved. The Sensation is more elemental while the Confection has a more straightforward approach. They balance it pretty well, I think.

I really like the effort you put into everything, in the writing, details, stats and the decent sprites, it's a good suggestion but I seem the theme of this is unfitting. And you say this is another thing to add with the Corruption and Crimson?

Unfitting to what? The Confection? The game?

Yes I think ideally while biomes need to compliment their opposing force, I think it's best for them to be able to stand alone as much as possible. So some attention to compatibility with the Hallow and whatever seems warranted.

WAIT.

I may have missed something, but WHAT ABOUT THE CHASMS??

There are no chasms. But there are Mortars. I'll add that momentarily.

This is pretty cool, the designs are too but is this really necessary?

I'd like to think so since it took so long to make and it was an enjoyable experience as a mutli-media project. Especially since Snickerbobble specifically asked what a good opposing biome would be to the Confection months ago, which I volunteered to conceptualize and produce.

Concept art gallery added but a little incomplete, I'll be adding just about everything to my personal portfolio eventually.

It's pretty broad, honestly. The general themes are plants and heat, not a huge amount of actual cuisine reference involved. The Sensation is more elemental while the Confection has a more straightforward approach. They balance it pretty well, I think.
I agree, but I was thinking of just a more general evil theme. I thought of a fire and heat biome once, but as I said, it was anger, not spice. This is epic nonetheless, but I thought it would be more "evil".

I really like this idea. It fits perfectly as the opposite to the Confection. However, the sprites are not my favorite. They are either too dark or too garish, and the enemies in particularly look like Jungle enemies. Also, please don't take this the wrong way, but the Serranoth ___ enemies get repetitive and honestly kind of dull after the first few. Neither the Crimson nor the Corruption have quite so much of an obvious connection between enemies, plus, it doesn't really make sense unless you have the backstory/headcanon available to you. Otherwise it is just sort of a 'Serranoth, what does that even mean? Should I know? Should I care? Did I miss something?'

Despite these gripes, I did enjoy reading it. You had some subtle puns that I enjoyed immensely, like Capsinite (capsaicin) and Scoville's Fuselighter (Scoville units).

All in all, while it didn't live up to my (admittedly unreasonable) expectations, it is quite good. I am quite confident that this idea will be updated over time and improved immensely.

Sssssssssmokin'! also, i cannot avoid to think of this
spicy-food-cool1.jpg

I have one major problem, and that is the Angst potion. First off, it would allow you to get to nearly max mining speed with just the one potion (Light S. Digging Claw has a usetime of 9.) Second, there's at least one weapon with a use time below six - the Chain Gun, with a use time of 4. Even if the game chooses to cap, that gives you a 1 use time Chain Gun. I'd suggest making it a percentage use time drop, as opposed to a specific number.

Hmm, I do like this idea. Some of the things look kind of strange to me, but it's supposed to be on par with corruption and such, so it makes sense. I think I prefer the Confection a bit compared to this, but the idea itself is still pretty good!

Also, hopefully you'll end up with a world with both of these food biomes to fit a theme a bit more.

Hmm, I do like this idea. Some of the things look kind of strange to me, but it's supposed to be on par with corruption and such, so it makes sense. I think I prefer the Confection a bit compared to this, but the idea itself is still pretty good!

Also, hopefully you'll end up with a world with both of these food biomes to fit a theme a bit more.
LOL. The reason that this was created was so the Cyber could oppose the Crimson. This and the Confection are opposites, no way to have the Confection oppose the Corruption or anything. :p

Well, worlds are randomly created with Corruption or Crimson. I would assume that any combination can occur, and not just a set three.

So instead of Crimson always being in a world with Cyber, it could be Crimson and Hallow, or Sensation and Cyber.

Well, worlds are randomly created with Corruption or Crimson. I would assume that any combination can occur, and not just a set three.

So instead of Crimson always being in a world with Cyber, it could be Crimson and Hallow, or Sensation and Cyber.
I see your thinking, but that is literally the opposite of why the Cyber (the kickstarter for the alt Hallow trend) was created. The Cyber was made since the Hallow wasn't fitting against the Crimson.

I have one major problem, and that is the Angst potion.

Done. I actually quite like that as it fits with the atrophic (also percentage based) besides balancing it out. I am certainly no expert on UseTimes. :happy:

Potions updated and a couple sprites updated. Personal portfolio updated with creature concept models.

Back
Top Bottom