Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Volcano - an Alternate Ocean

Do you think that volcanos are a good idea?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 56 63.6%
  • Yeah!

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Maybe with some changes...

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • No, and I can tell you why.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Personally I like the ocean It is extremely easy to protect from biome spread, it has a few low level enemies, calming music, quick access to water and nice scenery I dont like the idea of this biome replacing the calm ocean. I do like the "Handcannon"

Personally I like the ocean It is extremely easy to protect from biome spread, it has a few low level enemies, calming music, quick access to water and nice scenery I dont like the idea of this biome replacing the calm ocean. I do like the "Handcannon"
The volcano biome is basically a new biome that will replace the ocean on one side of the world.

also good god you're like the 6th or 7th person to say this.

i gotta highlight that one line

Last edited:
Ooh, I like this idea.

For some reason I feel like the above-ground Crimson music would be better for the biome, even though it wouldn't really make much sense for it to be that way.
Also, it's spelled "geyser". Just a minor little thing.
But yeah, overall this all sounds like a great idea.

I don't know if someone said this, I have not read everything, but I think the volcano should spawn on the jungle side of the world, and the ocean on the dungeon side. A Jungle directly merging with a volcano would look amazing.

I had exactly the same idea of replacing ocean with volcano! :D
The only thing I don't like here is:
the hand-cranked cooler is a new item that is found in the chest in the loot room of the volcano. It has a 52% chance of appearing there. It is used by holding down the left-mouse with it selected, which will slowly turn the player blue and put a wavering effect over them. It can be charged for up to 20 seconds
It really is too much to sit there and hold your mouse button for 20 seconds straight, I'd suggest to change it at least to 1:3 ratio, so charging for 3 seconds would give you 9 seconds of invulnerability.

It really is too much to sit there and hold your mouse button for 20 seconds straight, I'd suggest to change it at least to 1:3 ratio, so charging for 3 seconds would give you 9 seconds of invulnerability.
Sounds good to me.
[doublepost=1477351928,1477351831][/doublepost]

Actually wait thats a bit too much. Maybe 2:3 ratio would be better.

Helmet
12 Defense
+15% Mage & Summoner Critical Chance
Adamantite_Bar.png
/
Titanium_Bar.png
x10,
index.php
x1
It is worth noting that Summon damage cannot crit (unless the wiki is out of date and I've not noticed) except for if you're wearing the Monk outfit which allows the Lightning Rod/Cane/Staff to deal critical strikes.

As alternative ideas:
  • one extra minion
  • % minion damage
  • bonus auto follower minion similar to how Forbidden armor has the Sigil and Stardust Armor has the Guardian
  • bonus minion knockback
  • minions inflict 'On Fire!'
  • minions glow at all times similar to the effect of bonus effects on weapons
Anyway, excellent stuff. I like the design idea and many of the suggestions.

The idea sounds amazing, and I completely support it, but I also have an idea. The Eruption!. The eruption would be an event occuring in the half of the world that the volcano is on, and while it's happening, the background will be covered in a sideways-blowing column of ash, basalt and ash blocks would fall from the sky, a slow-moving cflow of lava woulfd flow from the volcano, multiple explosions would happen in the biome itself, the music from the biome would play, mobs from the biome and underworld will spawn, and with increased spawn rates. When it occurs, the text " A volcano is erupting!" while appear on the screen.
Another addition to this would be that some new mobs will spawn (exclusive to the event), resulting in rare and powerful items and crafting materials being dropped.
Either way, this is an amazing idea, and I hope this is added to 1.3.6.

Back
Top Bottom