Biomes & Nature [Sprites] Tree Dungeons

Why do you not lIke that it is spawned in adition to it
If it was one or the other there would have to be new nights edge and shadow key obtaining
Not to mention the post plantera dungeon

Very nice expantion for the Tree biome, I always enjoyed those huge trees.

My suggestions about the concept.

- Spiders and ants looks a bit redundant since there already are spiders and desert ants. If ants can be looked at as the alternative to their desert brethren, spiders and their drop are better be swapped with another insect(I'm thinking about ambrosia beetles).
- I think that the house should not disturb the trunk but be inside the leaf area, because it is the theme of nature and right now it looks a bit unnatural.
- Razor wheel does not fit the theme, I think it should be razor wheel of grass :) a wheel that is made of razorblade leaves.
- a minor thing, but I think that the ladder does not quite fit the theme, it should be either inside the trunk, or the trunk itself should be in the same zig-zag shape as it is now.
- sap blocks should have kinda glowing orange'ish threads inside, to differentiate it better from hardened sand blocks.

This is good, imo I do not think it is necessary to have specific music for the tree dungeon unless that music would be also in the spider nests generated in caverns.

Wow, I would love to see this ingame, however I have a couple of questions
Around what tier would one take this on?
How large would this be?
What about Crimson/Corruption?

[doublepost=1472307564,1472307214][/doublepost] I would also suggest the idea to make armor out of silk, sap blocks, and feathers. Call it scavengers armor, give it a post-ore tier, and give each piece a 6% increase to ranged, melee, magic, and summoner. It would look like sap plating, with feathers on the inside poking out of arm holes leg holes, ect. Use the spider silk to give it a "banded" look. Maybe the helmet could look like a headdress.

You find a giant tree and notice a tunnel within it. You drop down through it to find.. a small room with wands to create the blocks the tree is made of. What if instead, there was a mini tree dungeon within the tree's roots?

KaRL84O.png

Concept doodle

First, the loot room will be moved up the tree into a treehouse. Down below will now be the Tree Dungeon, filled with enemies and weapons at about Corruption-Dungeon stage. Oh, and the living wood would be unmineable until you defeat the boss found down below.. the tree is enchanted and defeating the boss uplifts that spell.

This thread is ported over from a very old thread on TO. The sprites are old and might not look as good as they could be. Might update them eventually!

nqXlytv.png

Apples
Can be placed, crafted into furniture, and crafted into apple juice.

u5UMZUm.png

Robin Feathers
Falling on these will negate fall damage. Placeable Harpy Feathers would also have the same effect.

4xtrhDE.png

Sap Blocks
They are found within the Tree Dungeon. They're sticky and will slow the player down to half speed.

Sap Walls will allow the player to "swim" around as if wearing flippers in water. Sap walls are located within the tree trunk and scattered around in the roots.

0Yhlvm0.png

Splinter Blocks
A weaker spike block. They harm for 25 damage.

MBGKrvG.png

Chestnut
Contains a random Tree item.

hEaJtR3.png

Giant Web Sacs
There are a few of these within the tree. Destroy them all to unlock the web door to the boss room.

a3UukAk.png

Log
A weaker, but slower boulder, which may end up hurting you more if you don't have immunity to knockback.

KF3r08F.png

Egg and Nest
Smash the egg to call forth the Giant Robin! Nest Blocks can be used to attract robins to lay smaller eggs for you.

PKZPaFv.png

Sawdust Blocks
A trap block, they are effected by gravity but also spill around unlike any other block. Here is an example of how spilling works with Sawdust Blocks:

XxlXxS2.png

Ofi2fNd.png

Giant Ant
HP: 35
Damage: 22
Defense: 6
Drops: 0-2 twigs
8rgPZnQ.png

Behaviour: Moves around like a standard Fighter AI though is a little quicker. Cannot jump high.
Appears at: Surface Living Tree

bDHxf1l.png

Apple SOS
HP: 30
Damage: 16 melee, 24 ranged.
Defense: 4
Drops: 1 apple
R9cuqHq.png
(33%)
Behavior: Flies around like a hornet, attempting a few rams before backing off to spit seeds at you.
Appears at: Surface Living Tree

DF4tZKy.png

Army Ant
HP: 50
Damage: 26
Defense: 12
Drops: 0-2 twigs
8rgPZnQ.png
(100%), Army Hat
dPEE6o8.png
(1%)
Behavior: A stronger Giant Ant. Can crawl across walls like spiders. They often spawn in groups.

kYI3kTj.png

Spider
HP: 80
Damage: 24 melee, 16 ranged
Defense: 6
Drops: 0-10 cobweb (100%)
Behavior: They will crawl on walls, lob balls of web, and drop down from the ceiling to snatch you. They spawn around giant web sacs.

jAB60RU.png

Razor Wheel
HP: N/A
Damage: 30
Defense: N/A
Drops: None
Behavior: Similar to a Blazing Wheel. They do a bit more damage, but they don't burn. However, they also do not light up, making detection harder.

eLGFpJZ.png

Big Robin
HP: 800
Damage: 24 melee, 20 feather, 32 egg
Defense: 4
Drops: 1 Robin Egg
2QNwYLv.png
(100%), 6-10 Robin Feathers
sS5ZMpP.png
(100%)
Behaviour: Spawns when the giant egg is smashed. Will zip across the screen at you. She will fly above and fire slow-moving feathers down at you. If she flies above you, she might drop a large egg on your head.

TqktTo1.png

THE WIDOW
HP: 5,400
Damage: 30 melee, 50 bite, 25 ranged
Defense: 16
Behaviour: You will enter the web room and the door will shut close behind. She'll begin shooting at you with her web shots from her spider web. Taking out her legs will slow down her movement speed. She'll start creating large web sacs to spawn spiders to aid her. Her bite is deadly, as it penetrates defense and inflicts poison. If you get behind her, she'll shoot her web at you immobilizing you for 5 seconds. Upon her defeat, she will..
Drops: 10-15 Spider Silk
zvRXPtu.png
(100%), Spidey Outfit piece
UZruIaw.png
(20%), The Widow Trophy (10%), The Widow Mask (15%)

Extra: Using the Silk Slinger with the full Spidey Outfit will instead let you fire web from your hands.

NizpF6T.png

Slug
HP: 5
Bait Power: 15%

juo3DF3.png

Robin
HP: 5

VTVHeER.png

Kazooka
24 Ranged Damage
Uses Robin Eggs as ammo
Found within Chestnuts

TNq12lZ.png

Prickly Ball
8 Ranged Damage
Dropped from leaf blocks and found within Chestnuts
A weaker spiky ball. You know.. those little spike balls from some trees?

l7tCPlW.png

Robin Staff
11 Summon Damage
Crafted from Robin Feathers, Robin Egg, and Twigs
Summons a Robin
juo3DF3.png
to fight for you.

pk8Rxsh.png

The Shredder
18 Melee Damage
Found within Chestnuts
A pre-hardmode chainsaw with extended reach.

jfeXUo9.png

Woodchuck
22 Magic Damage
Found within Chestnuts
An earlier version of Staff of Earth. It chucks logs instead of boulders.
'How much wood would you chuck?"

Kq5dzow.png

Silk Slinger
12 Ranged Damage
Crafted from Twigs and Spider Silk
Uses Cobweb as ammo
Successful hits will slow down targets.

3wTn6G3.png

Spider Egg
8 Magic Damage
Crafted from Spider Silk
Releases little spiders to attack
CJdmmXr.png

mmsbYQl.png

Widow Maker
18 Melee Damage
Crafted from Spider Silk
Can slow down targets

8rgPZnQ.png

Twigs
Can be crafted into Splinter Blocks, Robin Staff, and Nest Blocks.

R9cuqHq.png

Apples
Can be crafted into Apple furniture and Apple Juice.

2QNwYLv.png

Robin Egg
Can be cooked into a Hardboiled Egg. Also used to craft the Robin Staff.

zvRXPtu.png

Spider Silk
Dropped by the Widow to craft new spider stuff.

Thanks for reading, and I'd love to hear some feedback!

Might include hardmode content later.
Someone has to make all of these ideas MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom