Biomes & Nature [Sprites] Underground Desert Expansion

I can't say anything else. Mind is blown by how amazing this is.

I absolutely love the Catcher's Mitt idea xD. Baseballs, who woulda thunk. XD.

The only nitpick I would have is that there should be more fish. Maybe a Bowfish or something? Uh... *whistles*
Bowshark.png

Quick Update to fill in a few gaps:

Accursed Scepter
2z7fngg.jpg

Damage: 40
Knockback: 1
Mana: 12
Velocity: 12.5
Use Time: 15 (Very Fast)
Dropped by: Desert Mimics (20%)
Description: Upgraded version of the Aqua Scepter with a wider cone of fire. Creates a trail of ethereal flames that persist for 2 seconds upon impact with a surface and disappear when hitting an enemy. Has a chance to inflict the Possessed Debuff (16.67%).

Dart Shotgun
2b1m2s.jpg

Damage: 23
Knockback: 7
Velocity: 13
Use Time:40 (Very Slow)
Description: Fire a spread of four darts with a wide cone of fire.

Dual Fossil Boomerangs
1zqxy04.jpg

Damage: 35
Use Time: 14 (Very Fast)
Description: Normally behaves like any other boomerang. Upon hitting an enemy, the boomerang "locks on" and repeatedly rams the enemy three times before returning. If the enemy is killed before ramming three times it returns early. Two boomerangs can be thrown at a time.

Ancient Crate
2a80z6o.jpg

Description: Desert Biome Crate. Has the same loot as Hallowed Crates, except contains ethereal flames instead of crystal shards and soul of light.

Also updated a couple item descriptions.

Dart Shotgun
2b1m2s.jpg

Damage: 23
Knockback: 7
Velocity: 13
Use Time:40 (Very Slow)
Description: Fire a spread of four darts with a wide cone of fire.
I can't decide what`d be cooler, ichor or cursed darts with that.
Dual Fossil Boomerangs
1zqxy04.jpg

Damage: 35
Use Time: 14 (Very Fast)
Description: Normally behaves like any other boomerang. Upon hitting an enemy, the boomerang "locks on" and repeatedly rams the enemy three times before returning. If the enemy is killed before ramming three times it returns early. Two boomerangs can be thrown at a time.
That's friggin' awesome! I want it now.

Hell yeah! Those look awesome! :happy: Dang, those would be fun to use in-game...

Anyways, would Ancient Crates just be unavailable pre-Hardmode since they yield Hardmode loot?

Some of the Desert mobs have very interesting attacks (particularly the Desert Spirits), but the biome has an unfortunate lack of actually worthwhile loot in Hardmode.

That being said, this is an AWESOME way to rectify that. I do kind of like how you're trying to sort of make it into a non-infection infection in terms of its loot patterns.

...and Desert Mimics will probably be as brutal as their infected cousins.
[DOUBLEPOST=1446233595,1446233508][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hell yeah! Those look awesome! :happy: Dang, those would be fun to use in-game...

Anyways, would Ancient Crates just be unavailable pre-Hardmode since they yield Hardmode loot?
Nope, Hallowed Crates do actually have a pre-Hardmode loot table, you just can't obtain them until hardmode under normal circumstances.

Let's be honest, it must be Terraria style up to new 1.3.
2pystbp.png
250rzg8.png
6549k1.png
zybnd1.png

Why I remade male's leggings? Let's look at dryad clothing vanity set:
Dryad_costume.png
Dryad_costume_female.png

Female variant I did, because top was barely visible and don't match Terraria female sprite so much.
Feel to be free to use them if you want.

And little idea, what if there could be special Crafting station like Ice machine for sandstone furniture?

Let's be honest, it must be Terraria style up to new 1.3. View attachment 84098 View attachment 84099 View attachment 84100 View attachment 84101

Why I remade male's leggings? Let's look at dryad clothing vanity set:
Dryad_costume.png
Dryad_costume_female.png

Female variant I did, because top was barely visible and don't match Terraria female sprite so much.
Feel to be free to use them if you want.

And little idea, what if there could be special Crafting station like Ice machine for sandstone furniture?

Yeah, I used some of the older sprites as a base for making the vanity sets. When you're working with such a small canvas it's hard to make certain details stand out.

I feel like unique crafting stations are a bit cumbersome already, and adding more of them would be unnecessary. Not every furniture set has it's own crafting station.

Catcher's Mitt
11kcz8h.jpg

Description: Catches projectiles like a Bug Net and turns them into baseballs.

Baseball
vec02p.jpg

Damage: 30
Velocity: 10
Description: Throwable. Does not pierce. Extremely high knockback.

Excelent idea, but what kinds of projectiles can be catched?

Recipe: 18 Antlion Mandibles, 110 Sturdy Fossils, 30 Petrified Scales

I think maybe the Sturdy Fossils could be more frequently dropped by the enemies in hardmode. As it's really hard to get such a lot quantity.

*caught

Anyways, that is a good point. I don't think it should be able to catch bullets, but spells would make the most sense. It should probably just be able to catch any type of projectile though, for simplicity's sake.

This should be in the game. Right now, there is not much reward for going into the underground Desert in hardmode save for two masks.

Also like how there is a weapon version of powders, like how the powders acted as weapons in the older versions of Terraria. Overall, support.

I just edited the Tileset Sprites how it'll look.

Attachments

• Tiles_10.png
    Tiles_10.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 213
  • Tiles_11.png
    Tiles_11.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Tiles_14.png
    Tiles_14.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Tiles_15.png
    Tiles_15.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Tiles_18.png
    Tiles_18.png
    7 KB · Views: 137
  • Tiles_21.png
    Tiles_21.png
    56 KB · Views: 167
  • Tiles_33.png
    Tiles_33.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Tiles_34.png
    Tiles_34.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Tiles_42.png
    Tiles_42.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Tiles_79.png
    Tiles_79.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Tiles_87.png
    Tiles_87.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Tiles_88.png
    Tiles_88.png
    15 KB · Views: 130
  • Tiles_89.png
    Tiles_89.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Tiles_90.png
    Tiles_90.png
    35 KB · Views: 141
  • Tiles_93.png
    Tiles_93.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Tiles_100.png
    Tiles_100.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Tiles_101.png
    Tiles_101.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 134
  • Tiles_104.png
    Tiles_104.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Tiles_172.png
    Tiles_172.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 141
Mostly magic projectiles that are small and seperated. This includes all the projectiles that you can pop by attacking and ones that are slow and predictable. This does not include bullets or lasers, as most of them are too fast to catch anyway.

Maybe there should also be a DDC? (Desert Dungeon chest).
That's an idea. Not sure what'd be in it though, considering there's already one of each weapon type.

I just edited the Tileset Sprites how it'll look.
Not sure why you did this, but yes this is how it would look if the desert furniture was added into the game.

Also (self-criticism) I noticed something a bit off with the placement of the armor tiers. You normally don't have access to the fossil armor until around late pre-hardmode since desert fossils need to be mined with a nightmare or deathbringer pickaxe. And yet the next tier up is simply farming basilisks for petrified scales, which can easily be done at the start of hardmode. It might be better to replace the sturdy fossils in the recipe with titanium/adamantite bars like frost armor and adjust the armor set bonuses to compensate. Any throwing tier armors between Fossil and Sandstorm would have to arise from a different biome.

I'll update this suggestion when I can, as I'm working on something else atm.

Updated a bunch of sprites and a couple descriptions.

Desert Spirit (Crimson)
9cd2ac96fb.png

Damage: 55 (melee), 95 (ranged)
Max Life: 150
Defense: 20
Drops: Spirit Flame (1-3, 50%)
Description: Shoots red flames directly at the player and explode when near the player.

Dinosaur Skull
357490733b.png

Use Time: 19 (Fast)
Dropped by all Hardmode Underground Desert Enemies (0.5%)
Description: Summons a rideable Raptor Mount.

Raptor
b136306531.png

Description: Rideable Mount. Runs slower than the Unicorn Mount but faster than Hermes Boots. Only has a single jump and can be turned much quicker than the Unicorn Mount. Damages mobs directly in front of it regardless of speed.

Back
Top Bottom