Blocks & Decoration [Sprites] Water pumps, pipes, and tanks

Jay2a

Cultist
So, playing around with the new fisherman's gear got me thinking: There's no easy way to transport water, lava, or honey. Normally, you would have to transport it bucket by bucket, with only so much room in your inventory to hold it all. Sometimes, it just isn't enough. And if you want to use these liquids for buildings, farming, decorating, or even fishing, you may be posed with the trouble of not having enough in one area.

So I have a solution to all this madness; in the form of pipes that can move the liquids easily for you.

Pumps

Water Pump| http://i.imgur.com/KQ9lYM1.png[/img
Lava Pump|[img]http://i.imgur.com/37uD96u.png
Honey Pump|
zEi0rdX.png
How pumps work: The pumps will be placed at the bottom of a pool of water, lava (May be difficult to do), or honey, and will draw in liquids from the sides. After that, pipes will be placed on the top center of the pumps. At the end of a trail of pipes, either a tank or a faucet has to be made.

Tanks (1x1|2x1|2x2)
ig4qEbt.png
Jt0J9rk.png
cTmeDF4.png

Pipes connected to the tank will automatically begin to fill the tank with a liquid if connected to a pump on the other end. Each tank holds 4 blocks of any liquid by default. Water can be scooped out of tanks with a bucket, or the tank can be broken to just drop all the liquids out.

Pipes
YP3Ieou.png

Pipes will automatically connect together when placed next to each other. An exposed end of a pipe will by default turn into a cap, though using a pipe wrench can turn the end into a faucet (Faucets automatically dump water out). If, for some reason, the pipes point the wrong direction, a pipe wrench can be used to change the direction it points (Kind of like hitting a solid block with a hammer).

Pipe Wrench
hIncZmb.png

The pipe wrench can be used to either change the direction a pipe points (Which happens by default anyway), or change the end cap on a pipe to a faucet, allowing the pipe to freely dump out a liquid without a tank.

Pumps already exist, and I'm assuming that this WOULDNT break the water duping glitch, if these were to have significantly different mechanics changes.

I like the idea of pipes, although with the pumps and how they function it seems a little redundant with one exception. Frequently I simply wish to drain water to a new area (or other liquids) without the hassle of setting up an entire pumping system. It would be a temporary thing (Place it to move the liquid then remove it after) and I would hope the pipes could send liquid upward with or without aid of a pump would be at dev's discretion if they were to ever implement this.

Please continue this idea, I'd love to see pipes. There something off about just having inlet and outlet with no piping. And I'd love to see liquids carried through the pipes, and able to redirect flow.

Back
Top Bottom