Pixel Art Kitnight's Pixel Art

Anyone got any ideas for me to make? But for theeantime I made this.
0eef9c42-8042-11eb-82ec-35c198339766.gif

Nice sprites for a beginner! I have some tips that could help you with your spriting career:
  • Add more brightness contrast to your sprites. Try to make your some colors much brighter or darker from others, experiment on how scaled up the brightness/darkness range should be.
  • Make some of your borders darker. I noticed that you managed to avoid every spriter's first mistake: Having black outlines. But bright outlines can sometimes make the sprite look less solid. Try a darker one for size, not too dark that it looks black, not too bright that it looks unsolid.
On the left side is a basic sword, and on the right side is a sword following the previous instructions, see how sharper and solid it looks?
New Piskel (24).png
BasicSword.png
  • Also, some extra thing over here. I noticed that a lot of you sprites have a "round"-ish shape. One thing you could do is make a sword or gun with sharper outlines, like this:
Examine the two closely, the right has squarier edges, while the left has rounder edges. Which one looks more sharp?​

Remember, these are just friendly tips! I do not mean to upset nor offend you. Have a good day!

Nice sprites for a beginner! I have some tips that could help you with your spriting career:
  • Add more brightness contrast to your sprites. Try to make your some colors much brighter or darker from others, experiment on how scaled up the brightness/darkness range should be.
  • Make some of your borders darker. I noticed that you managed to avoid every spriter's first mistake: Having black outlines. But bright outlines can sometimes make the sprite look less solid. Try a darker one for size, not too dark that it looks black, not too bright that it looks unsolid.
On the left side is a basic sword, and on the right side is a sword following the previous instructions, see how sharper and solid it looks?
View attachment 313576 View attachment 313577
  • Also, some extra thing over here. I noticed that a lot of you sprites have a "round"-ish shape. One thing you could do is make a sword or gun with sharper outlines, like this:
Examine the two closely, the right has squarier edges, while the left has rounder edges. Which one looks more sharp?​

Remember, these are just friendly tips! I do not mean to upset nor offend you. Have a good day!
Thanks for the tips! I will use them.

What should I make next? This question probably would mainly be for @Talus . Or maybe @Simple or @CantWontDo could give some suggestions.
Try to make a sword made of metal and a sword made of wood. Experiment on the designs, and remember my tips from earlier. You'll eventually learn the difference in design between a wooden sword and a metal sword once you've experimented enough. Hint: Metal is Shinier.
Sorry I haven't responded much in a while!

You can try to imitate some sprites you like.
Maybe it can greatly enhance your painting feeling.
As long as you don’t use it in plagiarism, this will be a very good learning method.

Back
Top Bottom