Biomes & Nature [SRT] Enchanted Forest: A New Underground Minibiome

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
Another try at a minibiome. Thanks, mods, for moving this thread when I had trouble posting in the biomes section of the suggestions forum.

This idea started with a simple question: "What is the Enchanted Boomerang made of?". I first thought of metal, but that just didn't seem right. Then, I remembered the Enchanted Boomerang's precursor, the Wooden Boomerang, and that made me think that it could be some sort of wood. So, that made me think of this. Soon, this biome got me thinking of a whole other problem: The Enchanted Sword.

The Enchanted Sword is rare. Extremely rare. And hopefully, 1.3 will fix that with the new Enchanted Sword shrine. However, there is one problem this could bring up: The sword is meant to be rare. Not as rare as it is right now, but I feel like it should still be rare. With the shrine, it's extremely hard to miss, and while you could still have the fake swords, it would then make the shrines with fake swords wastes of space. With this biome, I also have a fix for that. (and NO, it's not making the sword craftable)

NOTE: This is not replacing, or part of, the Enchanted Sword shrine. They are completely different biomes, but are still connected.

Environment
The Enchanted Forest is made of normal grass and stone, but with new Enchanted Trees that are composed of blue, white and pink Enchanted Wood (
index.php
), which drop if you cut them down. They can only be cut down by a Silver Axe or better. The layout is similar to a Mushroom biome, but the Enchanted Trees are much taller than the giant mushrooms. Enchanted trees do not regrow or have seeds. The forest is about 10% rarer than a Mushroom biome.

Enemies
PRE-HARDMODE

Orc
75 max life
25 damage
12 defense
Fighter AI
Acts like a Face Monster.
Drops:
Orc Banner 0.5%

Gnome
60 max life
18 damage (melee), 10 damage (arrow)
4 defense
Modified Fighter AI
Shoots arrows at you like a Goblin Archer. It can aim, but the arrows don't go very far, since they are highly effected by gravity.
Drops:
Wooden Arrow 5-10
Gnome Banner 0.5%

Witch
35 max life
20 damage (contact), 15 damage (spell)
2 defense
Caster AI
Shoots pink spheres that pass through blocks, but can be destroyed by a sword. Doesn't move, but teleports after 3 shots. You know how this goes LOL.
Drops:
Witch Banner 0.5%

HARDMODE:

Ogre
300 max life
60 damage
30 defense
Fighter AI
Inflicts Broken Armor for 5 minutes, 1/4 chance
A much stronger Orc.
Drops:
Enchanted Chakram 1%
Armor Polish 1%
Orc Banner 0.5%

Priestess
240 max life
50 damage (contact), 40 damage (spell)
18 defense
Shoots volleys of 3 bolts 3 times. Instead of passing through blocks, they bounce around like Water Bolts, and cannot be deflected.
Drops:
Enchanted Chakram 1%
Witch Banner 0.5%

Loot
Frst off, Enchanted Boomerangs no longer spawn in Gold Chests. This thing does instead:

jFHgNlI.png

(thanks, @kciwdahC!)
Iron Flail
9 melee damage
5 knockback
44 use time
A flail, not something like a Chain Knife, but a true flail. Around the same tier as the Spear and Wooden Boomerang, but is more versatile.

Anyway, the Enchanted Wood. It can be crafted into Furniture, but that is far from its only use. First off:

Enchanted_Boomerang.png

Enchanted Boomerang
Now crafted with 12 Enchanted Wood

index.php

(thanks, @652Graystripe!)
Enchanted Spear
12 melee damage
5 knockback
30 use time
Upgrade to the Spear and Trident. Just a normal spear.
Crafted with 10 Enchanted Wood

dJtNcVi.png

(thanks, @kciwdahC!)
Enchanted Flail
13 melee damage
5 knockback
44 use time
It is a true flail, but it has nothing special about it.
Crafted with 15 Enchanted Wood

Wait, there's more!

AjiWWnw.png
FvftziK.png
YjKzrnG.png
Q7nbgEa.png

(thanks, @kciwdahC!)
Enchanted Armor
9 defense total/2 defense for the helmet/3 defense for the breatplate/2 defense for the greaves
Helmet: 2% increased melee damage
Breastplate: 4% increased melee damage
Greaves: 3% increased melee damage
Set bonus: 1% increased melee damage, +2 defense
Crafted with 15 (helmet)/25 (breastplate)/20 (greaves) Enchanted Wood

And finally,

Enchanted Hammer
45% hammer power
9 melee damage
6 knockback
29 use time
Allows you to break Enchanted Swords and get the item
Crafted with 20 Enchanted Wood

Yep, this is how we deal with this problem. Without the Enchanted Hammer, you cannot pick up Enchanted Swords. There are no longer any "fake" Enchanted Swords, but there is 1 real one in every shrine, and if you break it without the hammer, it doesn't drop anything. So, this will make the Enchanted Sword hard to get while still maintaining the shrine aspect. And the Molten Hamaxe and better can break it, since you wouldn't need to get it then anyway. :p

Anyway, we still have one last thing to talk about:

48985-0f5e35b00fba6c9885a44d780f89ba5a.jpg

(thanks, @652Graystripe!)
Enchanted Chakram
27 melee damage
9 knockback
14 use time
Stacks up to 3
Acts like a weaker Light Disc, basically
Dropped by Ogres and Priestesses, 1%

What do you think?​

Last edited:
Cool idea! I think the grass should have the same color as the trees though.
Personally, that would be cool, but it wouldn't feel right to either have it grow on mud, or have a grass type on dirt that isn't for purity or a spreading biome.

Also, thanks for moving this, mods!

I like this idea, But why does the Ogre drop the Orc Banner and the Priestess the Witch Banner..?

I feel as 1% doesn't do much early-game as a set bonus, maybe 4-5%?

Also I don't like the idea of a glove to pick up the enchanted sword. Seems a bit useless. However you could have an enchanted hammer that can break the prop and release the sword, and double up as a hammer with the same power of silver. (That's what you used before, so lets continue it)

The suggestion is good, But could use a finer tweaking to make it better.

I feel as 1% doesn't do much early-game as a set bonus, maybe 4-5%?

Also I don't like the idea of a glove to pick up the enchanted sword. Seems a bit useless. However you could have an enchanted hammer that can break the prop and release the sword, and double up as a hammer with the same power of silver. (That's what you used before, so lets continue it)

The suggestion is good, But could use a finer tweaking to make it better.
I like the Enchanted Hammer. Probably gonna use that idea instead. However, due to the individual piece bonuses, I feel Enchanted Armor is good enough with the individual piece bonuses. So yeah.

I like the Enchanted Hammer. Probably gonna use that idea instead. However, due to the individual piece bonuses, I feel Enchanted Armor is good enough with the individual piece bonuses. So yeah.
Pumpkin armour has a +15% bonus, and is easier to find (at the correct time) than enchanted, Plus what's 1% going to do with a weapon that deals 10 damage? 0.1 extra damage isn't that good. Wearing the set would grant 0.6 damage, a 2% bonus would be 0.8 damage, or 8% boost, which seems much more reasonable than a 0.1 damage boost for wearing the set.

I guess I have to respect your wishes as this is just your suggestion, But this is what I feel like.

Pumpkin armour has a +15% bonus, and is easier to find (at the correct time) than enchanted, Plus what's 1% going to do with a weapon that deals 10 damage? 0.1 extra damage isn't that good. Wearing the set would grant 0.6 damage, a 2% bonus would be 0.8 damage, or 8% boost, which seems much more reasonable than a 0.1 damage boost for wearing the set.

I guess I have to respect your wishes as this is just your suggestion, But this is what I feel like.
Correction: 10% increased damage. But I see your point. Maybe just make it like this: 2% for the helmet, 4% for the Chestplate, and 3% for the Greaves? Then 5% as the set bonus.

EDIT: Also reduced the crafting recipes since you can't farm this stuff.

Correction: 10% increased damage. But I see your point. Maybe just make it like this: 2% for the helmet, 4% for the Chestplate, and 3% for the Greaves? Then 5% as the set bonus.

EDIT: Also reduced the crafting recipes since you can't farm this stuff.
Seems fine as it is now. Also you'er right about the pumpkin.

I will take hunting down an Enchanted Forest over jumping between worlds to find ONE Enchanted Sword. Actually being able to FIND the damn thing is much better, but the fake swords REALLY piss me off.

Support.

Back
Top Bottom