Game Mechanics Stack size increases

You want more in your stacks of items?

• Total voters

Kola17_97

Spazmatism
Hiya guys, I guess I'll try my hand at my second thread. I really hate how most things in Terraria have either stacks of 30, 20, 99, etc. These things are really vital to surviving and they take up space in chests, banks and safes.

Here's my proposal.

• Any kind of ore bar should have a stack increase from 99 to 999. It only makes sense and it saves a ton of space.
  • Dynamite should have a stack increase from 30 to 99, just because it had a stack increase from 1 to 3 to 5 to 30 in sporadic updates/patches strewn about Terraria's life.
  • Light Sources (capped at 99) DEFINITELY should have a stack size increase, like ore bars, they should have a stack size of 999, just so builders have more space for other items/blocks.
  • Furniture, crafting stations, functional objects and storage chests (that are currently capped at 99) should be increased to 999.
  • Summoning items should have a stack increase to 99, Goblin Battle Standards, Snowglobes and Pirate Maps should stack
  • Potions, because lugging around multiple stacks of 30 potions, healing or buff, really takes up space. Should be changed to 999.
  • Herbs, for making those potions, should be changed to 999 (Thanks to Apollo for the idea!).
  • And finally, Platforms should have a stack increase, from 99 to 999.
I guess that's it, I hope you agree with my proposal. Thanks for reading. Leaving feedback, likes and other various comments are much appreciated.

I'm now aware that some items will be having a stack increase in 1.3, thanks to you guys.

-Kola

Edit: Added stack increases to herbs and potions

Last edited:
Random question
Where the hell is our player putting this stuff
Lets keep the small bit of logic terraria has

why 999? why not 1000?

also, you don't use 99 summon items in a row, don't use more things than that you need
stacking has a reason to have a low stack

I agree. The higher stack increases, the better. There's no reason why torches shouldn't have a 999 limit. Makes gameplay so much more fluid this way.

The stack sizes cap at 999, because it would require extra pixels in the icons to make it aesthetically pleasing again.

Yes please. I already have my chests full of bars capped at 99. Why not also have a cap of 999 for herbs?

why 999? why not 1000?

also, you don't use 99 summon items in a row, don't use more things than that you need
stacking has a reason to have a low stack
What i wish was that we could modify the stack number and i mean being able to have more than 999, if you're a ranger and you wanna use a ton of ammo but save space too then being able to have like a stack of 5000 or something like that would be awesome !

Also a hotkey to switch ammunation, exemple chloro to luminite bullets for exemple ''G'' and boom switched without opening the inventory

Only 7days to die allow you to modify stuff in the logs

I know you guys would tell me ''then dont bring so much ammunation'' same for mana potions 75 max why not 999? The last prism use so much of mana when it reach the beam

Gosh there are soooooo many things i would've done if i was developper !

Last edited:
What i wish was that we could modify the stack number and i mean being able to have more than 999, if you're a ranger and you wanna use a ton of ammo but save space too then being able to have like a stack of 5000 or something like that would be awesome !

Only 7days to die allow you to modify stuff in the logs

I know you guys would tell me ''then dont bring so much ammunination'' same for mana potions 75 max why not 999? The last prism use so much of mana when it reach the beam

Gosh there are soooooo many things i would've done if i was developper !
This necro tho

I think the reason why this has a lower stack limit is like the same reason why there is a limited inventory space, you need to learn to inventory management.
However, such thing became less and less of an issue with the increased stack limit from 250 to 999, Re-Logic have really teased us with that.
It's kinda the issue with rangers, you can have an extreme huge amount of bullets in your large inventory which gives the class an almost infinite source, which even got encouraged with the infinite bullet pouch.

As developer myself, giving everything an unlimited stack makes things pretty easy, but that also removes a game mechanic of inventory management. letting you think about what you should bring with, is a game element. But this seems much lesser the cause since the time of it's release.

This necro tho

I think the reason why this has a lower stack limit is like the same reason why there is a limited inventory space, you need to learn to inventory management.
However, such thing became less and less of an issue with the increased stack limit from 250 to 999, Re-Logic have really teased us with that.
It's kinda the issue with rangers, you can have an extreme huge amount of bullets in your large inventory which gives the class an almost infinite source, which even got encouraged with the infinite bullet pouch.

As developer myself, giving everything an unlimited stack makes things pretty easy, but that also removes a game mechanic of inventory management. letting you think about what you should bring with, is a game element. But this seems much lesser the cause since the time of it's release.
A hotkey to switch ammunation, exemple chloro to luminite bullets for exemple ''G'' and boom switched without opening the inventory would've been nice
so same for arrows, you know things like that and it's never too late to update a game btw

Last edited:
You should probably make a suggestion thread for your own ideas, Ripper. :) Especially in an 18 month-dead thread concerning an entirely different subject.

Back
Top Bottom