Mobile Stadia version bug

therealyez

Terrarian
Your Terraria Device
Stadia controller/TV
I can't see a forum for Stadia users, but I saw another issue in the mobile sections.

I can't place stuff (like doors, workbench or anything else) in Single Player but it works in Multiplayer.
It's pretty annoying, is there any way to get around it? , now that I can't reinstall the game or any thing else but start it

Edit: I forgot to mention that I tried starting a new world/player and had same issue

Last edited:
I can't see a forum for Stadia users, but I saw another issue in the mobile sections.

I can't place stuff (like doors, workbench or anything else) in Single Player but it works in Multiplayer.
It's pretty annoying, is there any way to get around it? , now that I can't reinstall the game or any thing else but start it

Edit: I forgot to mention that I tried starting a new world/player and had same issue
Hi @therealyez welcome to the forums. :)

You‘re not able to place down anything? But you can place things down in multiplayer? I haven’t seen that issue being reported from others, so I’m wondering if you have a setting that may be interfering.

Couple things to look at:
  • Are you trying to place the item too far from you? If you’re in Journey Mode you’re able to have a farther reach than if you’re in Classic Mode.
  • What does your setting have for “Aim and Use”?

Hi, thanks for reply.

It's regardless of distance, the thing that I'm trying to place doesn't even show, as they normally do. Nothing shown along with the cursor position.
I always use manual (aim only) "aim & use", the auto function is not really working for me with controller :)
(auto is working but it's very difficult to use)
Have tried switching "aim & use" setting, but that didn't help.

I also tried launching the game from browser on PC. Same issue. So we can rule out it has something to do with the controller.
But I suppose the version of the game is the same no matter if I'm using controller/TV or PC/browser/monitor.

Edit:
Another thing I need to mention is that I played many hours before this bug appeared. I had no problems placing stuff for a long time until I suddenly couldn't anymore.
Another thing that stopped working was the metal detector. It can't show the information anymore. I don't think the two issues are related but might be worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Hi @therealyez welcome to the forums. :)

You‘re not able to place down anything? But you can place things down in multiplayer? I haven’t seen that issue being reported from others, so I’m wondering if you have a setting that may be interfering.

Couple things to look at:
  • Are you trying to place the item too far from you? If you’re in Journey Mode you’re able to have a farther reach than if you’re in Classic Mode.
  • What does your setting have for “Aim and Use”?
Okay, I found out what's wrong!
Under "settings" and "autopause" when it's set to "inventory & menus" I can't place stuff. If I set it to "never" or "menus" it's working fine :)
I suppose it's not meant to turn placement off?

I also found out that a little dot in inventory wasn't turned on and that's why the metal detector didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom