Biomes & Nature Staff of Regrowth functionality nerfed

Demyzix

Steampunker
So I keep finding these glowing moss mini biomes, and nearly everytime I find a fairy nearby them. When I finally found my staff of regrowth to try to make the glowing moss, I could not grow moss on the stone anymore. I went to lookup why it wasn't working to find this in the wiki: "Desktop 1.4.0.1: Can no longer plant moss on stone."

A single tear slides down my face :dryadcry: . Please revert this. Illuminated nature is my favorite thing, and I was hoping to make a world themed around Pandora from JC's Avatar in all its bioluminescent glory.

However staff of regrowth would kinda randomly choose a moss type? or use the type that is nearby? I don't really remember, because I only tried it a few times.

But the "harvest moss with paint scrapper, plant it on stone after" works well, I think, and you can choose which type of moss you want there this way.

But, what about some sort of combo item that could plant moss? like... a random wild idea... crafted from staff or regrowth or something and 10 of each moss that is in the game, and you can select what moss you want (like, a similar interface like the grand designs') and then it will plant that. Dunno, just a random idea.

It used to choose what moss was nearby, but currently it cannot be used on stone at all. I do like being able to pick it up with the scraper, but if you're trying to fill an area, you have to wait a lot for the moss to grow, and then you have to transfer it and all that. I'd much rather just pickup a lump or two and staff it to fill the rest. Or even be able to craft it when near moss biome similar to crafting dirt into mud when near water.

• Love
Reactions: Bry
I actually like this change a lot. It gives the painter a purpose other than paint (which may be important for taking your builds to the absolute peak, but people don’t realize that.)

I actually like this change a lot. It gives the painter a purpose other than paint (which may be important for taking your builds to the absolute peak, but people don’t realize that.)

It doesn't lend itself very well though to providing a sufficient explanation why it would be a tool used on moss though, almost like saying paint scrapers should be able to be used on any aesthetic grown grass/mosslike for a chance to get a seed or miscallanous item from it.

It'd make much more sense if it was a gardening trowel esque item, then i could scoop up all that pretty sea-grass from the shoreside and put it elsewhere in a packet, or lilypads.

I like having the function for the paintscraper as well, but its much much more tedious than using the Staff. I'm simply asking that Staff can re-apply the moss and such as it used to do

Back
Top Bottom