What do you feel about this thread?

• Too OP! (Tell me how)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too UP! (Tell me how)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

runner2001jph

Terrarian
So as you probably know, the summoner class is mostly based around summoning minions that move around and fight for you, but why doesn't the moon lord have a fighting summon drop? It only drops summoning turrets... I propose the "Staff of Staff".

Staff of Staff
Summon Damage:100
Knockback: 4
Mana: 5
Critical Strike Chance: 4%
Use Time: 35
Velocity: 10
Tooltip: "It's not kidnaping!"

So, what this weapon does is that it summons miniature versions of developers each with there own special attack (maybe a few with same attacks like multiple spriters). Each developer can only be summoned once so you don't get a huge army of one specific developer. This weapon is dropped from the Moon Lord. When despawning the buff it will ONLY get rid of the last summoned Dev so you can customize your Dev loadout

Developers and attacks:

Red: Red's Sprite will be based of his vanity armor set. His attack will either consist of throwing a miniature red's throw for full Yo-Yo damage for 5 seconds before retreating the Yo-Yo for about a second before attacking again. Or (a more joking idea) upon aggroing on an enemy Red will turn into a spinning 'Red's' head that will attack enemies and spin over them (very similar to the dungeon guardian) till they either die or dissapear, and this attack will hit 4 times a second. (Thank you felis for the suggestion)

Cenx: Cenx's sprite will be based off of the Vanity set. In the attack Cenx will fly over enemies at a fast speed using the vanity wings and leave a trail of 'dust' that spans around 15 blocks and will float down 5 blocks doing 1/2 the normal damage of the base summon.

Scott Lloyd Shelly: (the composer for Terraria music) the sprite should be him in a Tuxedo with his blond hair and glasses holding a conductor's wand. His attack will consist of him waving his wand in the rythym of the first 7 notes of the opening song every 2 seconds. Appon swinging the wand a music note will be summoned and heat-seek to the nearest enemy and do a small purple explosion. (For visual effects)

Loki: Loki's sprite will be based on his vanity armor. His attack will be have him throw his Dark Lance at about the speed of Pygmy spears but with a higher velocity. His attacks will leave behind a trail of dark particles that do half the normal summon damage.

D-Town: His sprite will be based on his vanity. He will lob a large stack of papers at an enemy which appon impact will explode (if attack misses it will explode at where it was targeted) into about 5-10 papers that float slowly down left to right heat-seeking kind of lazily (papers will drift to the ground and act like landmines for about 2 seconds before disappearing if they don't hit a target)

Skiphs and Youraiz0r: They will both be based of of there vanity skins. There attack will consist of '1011001' type binary code (in the color green) that slowly moves toward an enemy then will speed up the longer it's out there. They attack every 1/2 second for full damage.

Beta Testers: I don't know which ones to include, or maybe just have most of them but limit the number to 2-3 summoned at once. The attack will consist of firing the Zapinator (an old developer only weapon used to defeat most enemies easily)

Jimmarin: His sprite will be based on his vanity. His attack will consist of him flashing blue and white for about a second before he does an insanely fast charge then does an uppercut at the end at an enemy dealing 4.25x the normal summon damage and will cause the enemy to take extreme knockback back and up into the air. The attack visually will consist of a trail of blue following Jim as he charges then at the hit a blue streak will sweep upwards.

Crownos: The sprite will be based off of the vanity armor. Any suggestions for his attacks will be greatly appreciated!

Lazure: Her sprite will be based off of the vanity set. Her attack will be that she shoots quick fire laser beams (about 2 a second) that perices through all enemies and blocks, and continues for about 50 blocks.

Arkhalis: the sprite will pretty much be the Arkhails sword (except a bit smaller because it's a summoning weapon) When he attacks a ghost-like player will be seen holding the sword up in the air above his head. The attack will shoot out the Arkhalis wave things in 8 cardinal directions.

AaronC: His sprite will be based on his Vanity set but, his arms will have little blasters and his feet will have boosters. His attack will be him flying around shooting heat-seeking rockets, about twice as fast as the Beta Tester summons using the Zapinator, but half the damage. Once every 10-15 second he will charge for a second to release a large laser cannon blast out of his arms that pierces all enemies and does 2x summon damage.

Phelebas: Phelebas will look like his normal sprite but will have a golden string following him around tied to his foot. Pheleba's attack will consist of throwing his Axe like the possessed hatchet repeatedly and will throw it again once it comes back to him after a hit.

Beta Request List: (For testers who want specific sprites)
Omnir: Moon with Majoras mask on it. Shoots lasers from eyes instead of gun. Size of deadly sphere.

So this is the thread for now going to add more Developers and stuff later, but for now I'm open for any suggestions!

(This was my first thread, and was written on an iPhone so pardon any errors and tell me how to improve!)

Last edited:
Staff of Staff
LOL, really a good paronomasia.

Red: Red's Spirit will be based of his vanity armor set. (I'm not sure what his attack should be yet feel free to leave suggestions)

Maybe :redspin: attack?(just a joke).
Or useing Red's Throw?

Loki: Loki's look will be based on his vanity armor. His attack will be a charge in the direction of the nearest enemy while holding out a death sickle and will leave behind a trail of mini death sickle projectiles that stay out for about a second before disappearing.

Maybe using a Drak Lance for colsed and Phoenix Blaster for randed(coming from the avatar).

And Arkhalis could using an Arkhalis to attack.

Edit:
Crownos: The sprite will be based off of the vanity armor. Any suggestions for his attacks will be greatly appreciated!

Maybe he could attack like the Lunatic Cultist.

Last edited:
Maybe :redspin: attack?(just a joke).
Or useing Red's Throw?

Thank you for the suggestion! I've changed the post up a bit!

Maybe using a Drak Lance for colsed and Phoenix Blaster for randed(coming from the avatar).

Thanks for noticing that. For some reason I thought his weapon was a Death Sickle at first.

And Arkhalis could using an Arkhalis to attack.

Added an Arkhails summon!

Seems like it would be annoying trying to get the dev that you want to spawn in. Maybe include less spawns?
Or, I think maybe there could only be one of each developers, and each time you summon a new one will be different from the previous ones.

Each developer can only be summoned once so you don't get a huge army of one specific developer.

I've already mentioned that in this thread, but thanks for mentioning that still felis!
I think there is a 'bit' too many developers but that's what makes this weapon so unique. Maybe though it goes through a list of developers summoning a new one in the sequence each time with left click, and then on a right click will cycle backwards.

Like developers go from 1-9 for example 1 is Red 2 Cenx and so on and 9 is a beta tester.

Last edited:
Crowno could attack from range, shooting green, rotten spheres/rotting flesh-covered skulls (could be rework of "Book of Skulls" projectiles, just with some rot and leaving green & black, smokey trail after them instead of flames)/any other form of disease picturing. That would be reference to his vanity set, which by many is considered to be made after infamous "Plague Doctors".I'm not sure, however, whether he did or didn't deny these rumours.

I think that Crowno's could be him dashing at the enemy, and whacking them a couple hundred times really fast with a paintbrush, cuz, y'know, he works on Terraria's art.

So as you probably know, the summoner class is mostly based around summoning minions that move around and fight for you, but why doesn't the moon lord have a fighting summon drop? It only drops summoning turrets... I propose the "Staff of Staff".

Staff of Staff
Summon Damage:100
Knockback: 4
Mana: 5
Critical Strike Chance: 4%
Use Time: 35
Velocity: 10
Tooltip: "It's not kidnaping!"

So, what this weapon does is that it summons miniature versions of developers each with there own special attack (maybe a few with same attacks like multiple spriters). Each developer can only be summoned once so you don't get a huge army of one specific developer. This weapon is dropped from the Moon Lord. When despawning the buff it will ONLY get rid of the last summoned Dev so you can customize your Dev loadout

Developers and attacks:

Red: Red's Sprite will be based of his vanity armor set. His attack will either consist of throwing a miniature red's throw for full Yo-Yo damage for 5 seconds before retreating the Yo-Yo for about a second before attacking again. Or (a more joking idea) upon aggroing on an enemy Red will turn into a spinning 'Red's' head that will attack enemies and spin over them (very similar to the dungeon guardian) till they either die or dissapear, and this attack will hit 4 times a second. (Thank you felis for the suggestion)

Cenx: Cenx's sprite will be based off of the Vanity set. In the attack Cenx will fly over enemies at a fast speed using the vanity wings and leave a trail of 'dust' that spans around 15 blocks and will float down 5 blocks doing 1/2 the normal damage of the base summon.

Scott Lloyd Shelly: (the composer for Terraria music) the sprite should be him in a Tuxedo with his blond hair and glasses holding a conductor's wand. His attack will consist of him waving his wand in the rythym of the first 7 notes of the opening song every 2 seconds. Appon swinging the wand a music note will be summoned and heat-seek to the nearest enemy and do a small purple explosion. (For visual effects)

Loki: Loki's sprite will be based on his vanity armor. His attack will be have him throw his Dark Lance at about the speed of Pygmy spears but with a higher velocity. His attacks will leave behind a trail of dark particles that do half the normal summon damage.

D-Town: His sprite will be based on his vanity. He will lob a large stack of papers at an enemy which appon impact will explode (if attack misses it will explode at where it was targeted) into about 5-10 papers that float slowly down left to right heat-seeking kind of lazily (papers will drift to the ground and act like landmines for about 2 seconds before disappearing if they don't hit a target)

Skiphs and Youraiz0r: They will both be based of of there vanity skins. There attack will consist of '1011001' type binary code (in the color green) that slowly moves toward an enemy then will speed up the longer it's out there. They attack every 1/2 second for full damage.

Beta Testers: I don't know which ones to include, or maybe just have most of them but limit the number to 2-3 summoned at once. The attack will consist of firing the Zapinator (an old developer only weapon used to defeat most enemies easily)

Jimmarin: His sprite will be based on his vanity. His attack will consist of him flashing blue and white for about a second before he does an insanely fast charge then does an uppercut at the end at an enemy dealing 4.25x the normal summon damage and will cause the enemy to take extreme knockback back and up into the air. The attack visually will consist of a trail of blue following Jim as he charges then at the hit a blue streak will sweep upwards.

Lazure: Her sprite will be based off of the vanity set. Her attack will be that she shoots quick fire laser beams (about 2 a second) that perices through all enemies and blocks, and continues for about 50 blocks.

Arkhalis: the sprite will pretty much be the Arkhails sword (except a bit smaller because it's a summoning weapon) When he attacks a ghost-like player will be seen holding the sword up in the air above his head. The attack will shoot out the Arkhalis wave things in 8 cardinal directions.

AaronC: His sprite will be based on his Vanity set but, his arms will have little blasters and his feet will have boosters. His attack will be him flying around shooting heat-seeking rockets, about twice as fast as the Beta Tester summons using the Zapinator, but half the damage. Once every 10-15 second he will charge for a second to release a large laser cannon blast out of his arms that pierces all enemies and does 2x summon damage.

Phelebas: Phelebas will look like his normal sprite but will have a golden string following him around tied to his foot. Pheleba's attack will consist of throwing his Axe like the possessed hatchet repeatedly and will throw it again once it comes back to him after a hit.

So this is the thread for now going to add more Developers and stuff later, but for now I'm open for any suggestions!

(This was my first thread, and was written on an iPhone so pardon any errors and tell me how to improve!)
Omnir was a beta tester @Omnir
I wonder what omnir will think of on the beta testing part

Crowno could attack from range, shooting green, rotten spheres/rotting flesh-covered skulls (could be rework of "Book of Skulls" projectiles, just with some rot and leaving green & black, smokey trail after them instead of flames)/any other form of disease picturing. That would be reference to his vanity set, which by many is considered to be made after infamous "Plague Doctors".I'm not sure, however, whether he did or didn't deny these rumours.

I think that Crowno's could be him dashing at the enemy, and whacking them a couple hundred times really fast with a paintbrush, cuz, y'know, he works on Terraria's art.

Hmm both really good ideas! Mabye, since his sprite is also closely related to the Lubatic Cultist is attack will go like this: Every 1/2 second he will make a phantom around him by waving his paintbrush. The phantoms can stack up to six surrounding him at once. When he a aggros he will shoot his clones all at once and continue firing them as soon as they spawn till the target dies or is gone. The phantoms will attack by sort of charging with there brush forward then exploding into light blue particles on hit dealing normal damage. Then Mabye it will apply an effect called Plagued that slows down enemies causes 50% slower movement speed, 10% decreased damage. -5 defense.
The effect will not slow bosses though. I think I might add this a 'bit' too OP but he has smaller damage.

Hmm both really good ideas! Mabye, since his sprite is also closely related to the Lubatic Cultist is attack will go like this: Every 1/2 second he will make a phantom around him by waving his paintbrush. The phantoms can stack up to six surrounding him at once. When he a aggros he will shoot his clones all at once and continue firing them as soon as they spawn till the target dies or is gone. The phantoms will attack by sort of charging with there brush forward then exploding into light blue particles on hit dealing normal damage. Then Mabye it will apply an effect called Plagued that slows down enemies causes 50% slower movement speed, 10% decreased damage. -5 defense.
The effect will not slow bosses though. I think I might add this a 'bit' too OP but he has smaller damage.
Merging two good ideas doesn't mean You'll create one better than both of them... If You did, You can consider Yourself lucky. In mosst cases, outcome will be worse than components. These suggestions were based on two totally different themes - mixing them would be like making a sword out of cat. Wait...
And seriously, I'd recommend You to wait a bit more. People could still come out with much better ideas, creating new one could be a waste of time.

Last edited:
So the Beta testers have
arrived. I guess that's cool and Madcat seems to be Waluigi.
[DOUBLEPOST=1442087368,1442087236][/DOUBLEPOST]
Merging two good ideas doesn't meant You'll create one better than bith of them... If You did, You can consider Yourself lucky. In mosst cases, outcome will be worse than components. These suggestions were based on two totally different themes - mixing them would be like making a sword out of cat. Wait...
And seriously, I'd recommend You to wait a bit more. People could still come out with much better ideas, creating new one could be a waste of time.

Yeah, I was seeing what I could do with the suggestions on hand. That's why I haven't changed anything yet. I want to look for some really unique ideas. I'm trying to make most of the stuff seem to try and fit the Character.

Added a beta request list of any Beta Testers want specific Sprites! So I guess that's now a thing XD (mostly just so I can inference what the Beta Testers want since there is not to much to go with)

Edit: I also added a vote that's actually positive. Yay!

Added a beta request list of any Beta Testers want specific Sprites! So I guess that's now a thing XD (mostly just so I can inference what the Beta Testers want since there is not to much to go with)

Edit: I also added a vote that's actually positive. Yay!
Honestly, a Beta tester part may be a bit much to add on. I was mostly joking for my entry :p Having only the actual developers may be the best >:3 (Maybe a guinea pig with TNT tied to it for the beta testers. They explode to do damage. The color of the explosion might be random to "portray" certain beta testers.)

Honestly, a Beta tester part may be a bit much to add on. I was mostly joking for my entry :p Having only the actual developers may be the best >:3 (Maybe a guinea pig with TNT tied to it for the beta testers. They explode to do damage. The color of the explosion can be changed by what "name" the guinea pig has))

I already had a Beta Tester Part before. I just added a place for the Sprite since there is SO many Beta Testers I didn't want to fill up the page with different sprites. I might get rid of the Beta Tester summon thing if there is too Many people beta testers, because if it could clutter up the summons :/ and if they were limited Testers without a sprite would get mad. Things to think about I guess.

Back
Top Bottom