Blocks & Decoration Star Bacon

You alright with the lack of bacon?

• Whatever, I'll find some way to be okay with it.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • No. Not okay. You can't simply deny us the bacon we deserve.

Votes: 36 67.9%
  • Who cares? This suggestion is awesome.

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
Ehehehe, I meant beacon. Sorry 'bout that. (Was it funny the second time around? I'm guessing not. Oh well...)

To explain this suggestion, I'm going to have to start from the basics.

Glowing Beacon
Can be placed.
Found in Iron Crates and Golden Crates.

This one is the basic Beacon. Just provides light, nothing more. Wouldn't look out of place in a lighthouse, which explains how it's obtained, at least. You can put a Large Gem into it to change the color.

Chaos Beacon
Can be placed.
Crafted: Glowing Beacon, Chaos Pearl.
Players in the vicinity have a maximum Chaos State duration of 4 seconds. The Beacon itself can be teleported to with the RoD without activating Chaos State. The Chaos Medallion will preferentially seek the Beacon to avoid a killing blow.

Star Beacon
Can be placed.
Crafted: Glowing Beacon, Stellar Core.
Increases the chances that a Fallen Star will fall in its vicinity.

Stellar Core
Material.
Dropped when a Fallen Star collides with a block at the Floating Island level or above.

Now, I wouldn't introduce a crafting ingredient with only one use.

Celestial Magnet
No longer sold by the Traveling Merchant.
Crafted with Stellar Core and Lodestone (sold by the Traveling Merchant).

Lodestone
Equipable
Slightly increases pickup range for all items.
Also used as a crafting ingredient for these.

And for the hell of it, just for consistency:

Star Lantern
I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, yes?
Can be placed
Crafted: Mana Crystal, 3 Chains
Increased mana regeneration in the vicinity.

If I think of other ideas for beacons, I'll be sure to list them. Ciao!

Last edited:
Sounds great beaconfry. Haha, eh, baconfry.
AwP4PxM.png
: Ha Ha.

Not sure yet about the beacon idea, but yes, Star Lantern is much needed as a counterpart to Heart Lantern. Slightly more expensive than the Star in a Bottle (which I love), but hey, added function!

So if this suggestion were added we would get both mana and health regeneration lanterns. Why not combine them?

So if this suggestion were added we would get both mana and health regeneration lanterns. Why not combine them?
The resulting Restoration Lantern could be used to take the place of those utterly useless Restoration Potions. Good riddance.

One hell of a misleading title. :D

In any case making that a crafted item rather than purchased from the traveling merchant is a better solution in my opinion.

The star beacon is the thing I really like, though I have a feeling that bosses wouldn't share my enthusiasm. Anyway a method of getting more stars is welcome to me. Especially if Snickerbobbles fallen star furniture gets added.

The stellar core sounds like an item that has a lot of potential as a material.

I just realized that the stellar core would mess up quite a few people's fallen star farms/sky bridges. Ah who cares.

Do I even need to say I support? I don't think I found a thread of yours I don't support.

Oh great now I'm craving bacon

Back
Top Bottom