Star Trek: Lower Decks

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
There are currently two episodes of this show out right now, and I have to say, I've thoroughly enjoyed both of them. Of course, I'm saying that as a huge, huge fan of Star Trek, and also a reasonably big fan of shows like Rick & Morty, Family Guy, The Simpsons, and so on. Not that those are similar enough to really quantify them as a category, but eh.

I could classify ST:LD as "a toned down Rick & Morty in a legitimate Star Trek universe." I love the intro, I love the variety, I love the true-to-the-show aspects, ... ... yeah! I'm actually seriously impressed by how accurately they represented the Star Trek universe in the show. One guy even swears to "The Prophets" in one scene, and they speak accurate Klingon, depict the true Romulan alphabet, use the correct term for uh ... fun-time .. on Risa, and more.

There's a constant battle in my mind on what it is I'm watching. Am I watching a generic adult cartoon set in the Star Trek universe, or am I watching an episode of Star Trek that doesn't take itself too seriously? I think that's a really good thing. If I ever suffer from any disappointment from what I'm watching, I have a consistent feeling that it's only because I allowed myself to feel disappointed because I expected something more from something that only cares about being itself.

Here's a trailer.

this is just related to the star trek universe itself and not LD specifically but *how* do they aim? the only gun that has anything close to irons (aside from real world guns) is the type 3

and dont tell me its smart pistol aiming, as the whole... i forgot her name or what award she had but i know that the badass from LD had an award for phaser marksmanship so there definitely isin't a computer aiming for the gun

Back
Top Bottom