Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I hate it

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I'm not sure yet, depends how they rationalize it

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
You haven't known the meaning of the word 'useless' until you see them doing this with the lightwhip :D
Except Lightwhips don't actually have that might risk attached to them, as long as you've taken considerable practice using the attacking techniques, it could turn out better than your average Lightsaber. And the fact that you're only gonna really hurt yourself with them is if it just kind of slips out of you grip. Whoops.

Except Lightwhips don't actually have that might risk attached to them, as long as you've taken considerable practice using the attacking techniques, it could turn out better than your average Lightsaber. And the fact that you're only gonna really hurt yourself with them is if it just kind of slips out of you grip. Whoops.

I'd assume being able to swing the whip around in your hand would allow for much better circular flurries, but who knows how the light whip deals with that, as it's not a solid whip of rubber.

Also, aside from the risk assessment, the point is that you don't need a sword guard on that kind of weapon, as you won't get into the same "hilt against hilt" situation.

Unless you improvise by using it to block with on the fly (meaning the rest of your whip, with its momentum, will probably end up hitting you if you break your pattern like that?) I see no use for a light whip sword guard.
There's a reason it's called sword guard.

The clone troopers went on to become stormtroopers after order 66 was carried out. Same guys, just given a new name.
Not quite. Whilst the clone troopers became stormtroopers, they where genetically engineered to have short lifespans (so they grow up quicker), and by the time Luke and Leia have grown up, most have died of old age. To keep the army topped up, the empire recruited soldiers to join the army, just like IRL countries. This is why the clone troopers are vastly superior fighters when compared to stormtroopers.

In regards to the new lightsaber, I am just going to wait and see. I trust JJ Abrahams, as he did an awesome job on the star trek films, and also will probably follow George Lucas' advice. (He was employed to give advice and backstory to the directors).
With John Williams coming out of retirement to co-produce the soundtrack, I am actually looking forward to the new film. And its not hard for it to be better than episode 1.

I'm just going to say this: it's Star Wars. It will sell well no matter if people think that Disney should own it or not. It's such a long running franchise that has affected so many people that they'll see it just to see if one of their childhood movies is still just as good as it used to be. I do feel that the droid thing looked really derpy. I know I'm going to see it, stupid looking light saber or not, Star Wars was a big part of my childhood (and I'm still living it)

I'm just going to say this: it's Star Wars. It will sell well no matter if people think that Disney should own it or not. It's such a long running franchise that has affected so many people that they'll see it just to see if one of their childhood movies is still just as good as it used to be. I do feel that the droid thing looked really derpy. I know I'm going to see it, stupid looking light saber or not, Star Wars was a big part of my childhood (and I'm still living it)
You and me both, I watched star wars as a kid and loved it so I can't wait to see what this movie has to offer

I thought the teaser was crap. Nothing other then the "new" lightsaber actually gave us anything to talk about. "Hey look! X-Wings and Tie Fighters! Never seen those before!"

"Chewie...we're home"

That lookin pretty good.

Tie Fighters given a facelift. Kinda nice, they can now hover in place.
2 totally new main characters? Probably. Interesting to see their roles.
Stormtroopers also get a facelift. I am honestly not too sure about this one. They look "modern" I guess? But what is modern in the Star Wars universe? I am not totally sold on this look.
The new Sith (what else could he/she be?) looks interesting, but wasn't shown too much. Just a flat mask, really. Guess this leaves more speculation.
Downed Star Destroyer? What is Starkiller doing here?
Also not sure if the ship the Falcon flies into is actually a Star Destro, looks a lil different. But not sure.
Even more imperial ships. How does the actual "V" wing land? Who does it carry? Someone of major importance, right?

Last edited:
Ah, I can't wait.
upload_2015-4-17_18-33-0.png

This (what I assume to be an elite stormtrooper/jedi killer?) Looks awesome.

My friend came up with a cool idea; what if the electric looking lightsaber was adapted from Luke ( and anikins) lost lightsaber, and that's why it looks slightly broken.

My thoughts on the teaser
image.jpg
what is that in the sand?!
image.jpg
I was creeped out by this. A lot.
image.jpg

It's looks like it was painted on. No, just no
image.jpg

My first thought: The inquisitor!
image.jpg

Interesting he looks a lot like earth revan as shown here
image.jpg

In my opinion, Stars Wars didn't need a sequel... the ending of Star Wars Six was good enough, and there was nothing hinting at the fact there would be 'future evils', and a sequel coming out after so long just feels out of place. The evil person in the trailer will probably turn out to be some Sith badass, especially seeing Lightsaber duels are becoming more and more... better, as the series progresses.

The damn T-shaped Lightsaber just ruins everything. Based upon how swords go, you'd be THINKING the weapon would at least give it some strategical advantage, which is might, but from the way I see it, the only way you're getting anything out of that is by... maybe, MAYBE getting close enough to your opponent to sorta just 'sideways slash' them. Not only would that be a complete waste of your time, because if you have the opportunity to do THAT, you just might as well go for your basic Lightsaber slash with the longer blade, but they would probably lose their arm in the process, and maybe their head (because whoever they're duelling will totally sit there and let them awkwardly slash them with their little cross handle).

It could be used as defensive purposes, but really, this weapon would do way more hurt then it would help. Chances are, we're just going to be met with a scene at the end of the movie whereas this new villain person 'accidentally' hurts itself with its own weapon, and ends up killing itself, in a 'comedic Disney ending lolololol'.

Well... DUH! Someone else made ep. Six 30 years ago!

My thoughts on the teaserView attachment 46323what is that in the sand?!
View attachment 46324 I was creeped out by this. A lot.
View attachment 46326
It's looks like it was painted on. No, just no
View attachment 46327
My first thought: The inquisitor!
View attachment 46325
Interesting he looks a lot like earth revan as shown hereView attachment 46328
1: x-wing
2: me too. But it looks kinda fake.
3: hopefully just the angle
4: i think so too
5: can't be the use guy though. Just inspired design I guess.

Back
Top Bottom