Votes: 8 24.2%
  • I hate it

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I'm not sure yet, depends how they rationalize it

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
All kids are complaining about how George Lucas would spam it with colors, more creatures in every scene and whatnot. People complained Terraria for Consoles was similar, full of repaints. Teaser #2 does what again? Take a look at the use of paint on the same mask shapes you've seen before. Yep, war paint is pretty.. uhh.. blatant.

Not that I necessarily think it's a bad thing, it depends what excuse they have.

That being said, I did expect Disney to wanna freshen things up with a new look. Can't avoid doing that after all these years, but I do hope recolors isn't all they do well.

I personally want dark and gritty sequels, and the 2nd picture gave the right feeling, even though I have totally no faith in Disney, knowing how they usually make movies. Then again, it's also about the director.

Knowing the SW universe (I'm no expert), I'd say that new one is most likely a Sith, and the legacy will go on. Since Darth Sidious/Vader didn't seem to have the same relation to the Sith rules (From some of the games, I got the feeling that they wanted to stay alive even with new Sith), so maybe there'll be changes in that regard.

But, isn't there enough information for the Star Wars universe geeks to know what's gonna happen in SW7? I thought the franchise included stories past this one, Canon even?

Eh, I don't think Star Wars should be dark, especially if Abrams is going back to the original vibe, which was a fast paced swashbuckler in space. It's one aspect of why the prequels are hated: Anakin slaying all the sand children, the Jedi children getting massacred, the massively long and boring political scenes, a focus on the dark side - just wasn't the Star Wars that we knew.

I'm hoping for that original vibe - nothing too heavy, serious, or dark, lot's of fast paced dialogue, swashbuckling action, and interesting "characters" to look at, whether they be people, aliens, droids, spaceships, or planets.

All kids are complaining about how George Lucas would spam it with colors, more creatures in every scene and whatnot. People complained Terraria for Consoles was similar, full of repaints. Teaser #2 does what again? Take a look at the use of paint on the same mask shapes you've seen before. Yep, war paint is pretty.. uhh.. blatant.

Not that I necessarily think it's a bad thing, it depends what excuse they have.

That being said, I did expect Disney to wanna freshen things up with a new look. Can't avoid doing that after all these years, but I do hope recolors isn't all they do well.

I personally want dark and gritty sequels, and the 2nd picture gave the right feeling, even though I have totally no faith in Disney, knowing how they usually make movies. Then again, it's also about the director.

Knowing the SW universe (I'm no expert), I'd say that new one is most likely a Sith, and the legacy will go on. Since Darth Sidious/Vader didn't seem to have the same relation to the Sith rules (From some of the games, I got the feeling that they wanted to stay alive even with new Sith), so maybe there'll be changes in that regard.

But, isn't there enough information for the Star Wars universe geeks to know what's gonna happen in SW7? I thought the franchise included stories past this one, Canon even?
When the new films were announced, they declared almost all stories and comics in that area as no longer cannon. They aren't even following George's ideas; so I recon it's going to be something new.

In regards to the sith thing, dooku also made two sith apprentices. Lots of sith have broken the only two rule.

Back
Top Bottom