Weapons & Equip Starburst Wand & Wand of Sparking Change

Should the Wand of Sparking be part of the Starburst Wands recipie?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I think the recipie should be... (post your own)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mebybemn

Terrarian
I came up with a idea for a new early game magic wand and a change to the wand of sparking to improve it

Starburst Wand
16 magic damage*
5.5 velocity
uses 8 mana
fires a small star that flashes purple and gold and pierces 8 times. Increases damage by 2 for every enemy it pierces up to a max of 32 damage.
Crafting:
Gold_Bar.png
or
Platinum_Bar.png
x12,
Topaz.png
x7,
Amethyst.png
x7,
Fallen_Star.png
x3

Wand of Sparking
Yellow = Change
11 magic damage
7 velocity
uses 2 mana
Fires a spark that that inflicts the On Fire! debuff
Crafting:
Wood.png
x12,
Fallen_Star.png
x5

Last edited:
Electrified debuff seems to OP in my opinion.
Seriously,for players,it deals over 100 damage in less than 7 seconds.:/

It's a bit overpowered in my opinion. The wand of sparking's damage was fine as is, and you should probably nerf the star one a little as well. But overall a good idea, everything else seems good.

Wand of Sparking
Yellow = Change
11 magic damage
7 velocity
uses 2 mana
Fires a light blue spark that that inflicts the Electrified debuff (10% chance, lasts 2 seconds)
Crafting:
Wood.png
x12,
Fallen_Star.png
x5
On Fire is a way better debuff. 32 damage each time you get the electrified, may be less.

On Fire is a way better debuff. 32 damage each time you get the electrified, may be less.
It's a bit overpowered in my opinion. The wand of sparking's damage was fine as is, and you should probably nerf the star one a little as well. But overall a good idea, everything else seems good.
Electrified debuff seems to OP in my opinion.
Seriously,for players,it deals over 100 damage in less than 7 seconds.:/
Ok, I'll change it back to on fire.

Would it be reasonable to have the starburst staff pierce 4 times so it deals 24 at the max?

Ok, I'll change it back to on fire.

Would it be reasonable to have the starburst staff pierce 4 times so it deals 24 at the max?
Maybe but thats still a little OP for earlygame...
And again, the wand of sparking's original damage was fine. It didnt need a buff.

Maybe but thats still a little OP for earlygame...
And again, the wand of sparking's original damage was fine. It didnt need a buff.

I don't start a lot of new characters, but I noticed that my most recent one had a choice between a Wand of Sparking and a Wooden Bow- and the latter was far, far, far better. More damage, more speed, no mana cost. I think it needs a little buff.

I don't start a lot of new characters, but I noticed that my most recent one had a choice between a Wand of Sparking and a Wooden Bow- and the latter was far, far, far better. More damage, more speed, no mana cost. I think it needs a little buff.
I think the opposite- if that's true, the bow needs a nerf.

Here's why: the melee starting weapons- copper/wood swords- have less damage and less range than the bow and wand. 5 more damage than the sword AND more range makes the bow OP already. The wand seems balanced right now due to its mana cost, but if the bow is more Op then it needs a nerf.

Back
Top Bottom