Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Maybe not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zesty_Limez

Terrarian
After finally beating the moon lord with my friends on expert (that scaling hp though), I was finally able to craft my magnificent Stardust armor set. In addition to maxing out my summons' damage, I was excited for the cool guardian I got along with it. After trying to use it for a bit (I know how to place it, etc.), I've found it to be rather disappointing. The damage is minuscule, dealing 20 or so damage to pillar enemies. Taking the aggro from enemies doesn't always work, either. Corites can fly straight through the guardian and still focus on me. I feel the the radius of its attack, plus the damage, should be increased. It has limited uses while on the ground, and is completely useless while in the air.

Enough of my rant, what do you guys think about the Stardust Guardian?

He's more like an extra pet to me, I like how he follows me around, but that's about it, he's absolutely worthless as a minion.

Also let him attack while he's following you.
I voted "there's a Stardust Guardian?", and I main summoner, so there's definitely something wrong with it.

Hes pretty useless, but i cant say i feel he should be buffed.
Pretty happy with him as a visual pet with a mini damage gimmick.

Hes pretty useless, but i cant say i feel he should be buffed.
Pretty happy with him as a visual pet with a mini damage gimmick.
If that's the case, we should just stick him in the pet slot and have him do damage, while giving summoner a different armor set bonus.

Wait..the Guardian draws aggro? It seems I have to file a complaint to customer protection, since mine is drawing less aggro than a Sunflower.
You have to be on the ground, then double-tap S to make him go to your cursor (on the ground). from there, he like "claps" and whatever is in the AOE, aggros on the guardian.

I've tried it, was rather disappointed that it took it like a good 15 seconds to just defeat some herplings. I totally agree that the damage of that thing should be increased maybe range too.

You have to be on the ground, then double-tap S to make him go to your cursor (on the ground). from there, he like "claps" and whatever is in the AOE, aggros on the guardian.

I appreciate your helpfulness. But really, the only thing I saw him do is knock back enemies. The ones that somehow got behind it, carried on merrily on their way to my character's face for what, one can only presume, was a kiss. So its aggro radius is either too small or it's not working.

Edit: by the way, you don't have to be on the ground to send him to a location. The target location has to be above something it can stay on. Unless they changed it in the last patch.

You can still fly when deploying the guardian, it's just that when you fly too far away, he teleports back to you. And yeah, he doesn't seem to do a good job at... well, anything.

You can still fly when deploying the guardian, it's just that when you fly too far away, he teleports back to you. And yeah, he doesn't seem to do a good job at... well, anything.

Not entirely fair. It does a rather good job of looking pretty and menacing. And the knockback can give maneuver space for the player. But the same thing can be achieved by the Hydra summon, which is not end-game gear. He's more of a dance club bouncer than a guardian.

I didn't know he was supposed to draw aggro. His attack PULLS in enemies, interrupting their movement. He's a defensive minion with a focus on stalling. And in that, I think he's just fine.

The range of the AoE Pull could use a buff

I haven't reached the moon lord yet, but the stardust guardian looks absolutely insane. I saw a video though, and apparently that's about it... I really hope the devs give this thing a big overhaul in the future, because right now he looks like one of the most awesome things in the game, but with none of the power or flair to back it up. They could have had him shoot magical blasts from his hands to assist the player, or unleash a deadly explosion when the player gets attacked, or allow the player to send him to chase down enemies... Instead seems to just scratch enemies and distract them for you.

Stardust Guardian can aggro most mobs. It synergizes really well with a 9-segment Stardust Dragon.

The Guardian can gather Everscreams, Santanks, Mourning Wood etc. in one spot so the dragon can do 15k total dps on everything.

Stardust Guardian can aggro most mobs. It synergizes really well with a 9-segment Stardust Dragon.

The Guardian can gather Everscreams, Santanks, Mourning Wood etc. in one spot so the dragon can do 15k total dps on everything.

Stay on a floating platform. Everscreams, Santanks, Mourning Wood etc. will gather in one spot anyway, underneath you. Again, platforms are the most OP item in the game and they're obtainable from the first minute of play.

Well, this seems like one of the few niche uses this has. Post-moon lord, moon events are already a breeze, and you probably have all the gear as well.

Back
Top Bottom