Weapons & Equip Stardust Guardian improvements

Do you think the Stardust Guardian should be buffed?

• Yes

Votes: 35 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sounds cool. One question though...

What the :red: did I just watch?
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
unless the boss or enemy takes bigger damage from another source, because making the boss attacking the guardian forever would be unbalanced I think, it should be top priority but if any other source (the player or another player) makes bigger damage than the guardian then the priority should change to that source of damage. anyway I agree with your suggestion but it's focused too much in the stardust gear. which is the last tier gear so far...making the rest of the summoner gameplay just has hard as it is right now in normal mode and expert mode
It should be treated as a player in solar armor for boss targeting.
Just to throw my two cents in.

I agree that a few changes are needed to make the summoner more useful. As he is now, he suits as a supporter, depending on what staff he uses to give support for his team mates:

• Stardust Cell staff - summoner type summon: will summon miniature versions of itself to attack the closest threat, targets that are either off screen or already swarmed by miniature Cell's will get charged at to do more dps damage.
  • Stardust Dragon staff - Warrior type summon: Obvious from it's behavior, charges at foes with blind aggression and becomes stronger the more segments you add to it's body.
  • Lunar Portal Staff - Ranger type summon: Will shoot a powerful beam from incredibly long distance, and will sweep through one or more enemies to weaken them.
  • Rainbow crystal staff - Sorcerer type summon: Doesn't shoot from a long range as the Lunar Portal does, but it does high damage and can deal with close-medium range enemies by detonating bursts of energy on them.
The way it is now, I can still do that but the summoner isn't as meaty as the ranger and warrior would be, and diverse in offensive capabilities in the way the Sorcerer is through direct attack, rather than letting a minion take care of it.

I still find the armor useful, and I main it anyways to learn to deal with the drawbacks, and find solutions and work-arounds to make it work, I find the Stardust armor to still work favorably as I would imagine, against expert, Moon Lord, lunar, martian, etc.

But, I can agree, as amazing as the Guardian is for the first time you get him (her? It?), He does above normal damage, knock back, and a neat feature is to position to draw away attention, and retract back to you when your too far away. I think a damage boost, extra utility to him and more leniency would work.

My only issue thus far would be this:

This would be favorable, except for this particular part in the suggestion

The issue being if I wanted to retract it back, would I use the double-tap down feature to get him back? Or would he be stuck there unless I'm relatively close enough to retrieve the guardian? Couldn't he still function, even when I am far away?

The Guardian does need some improvements, it's still handy but not impressive. I still think the Dev's did an awesome job, and this is just one fo a few things that need a few tweaks. I love the suggestions so far.
It can already be retracted by holding down.

They should add a slot to your inventory when you equipt the armor that you can put a weapon into for the guardian to hold. The guardian would deal 75% of the weapons damage, have a slighly slower attack speed and smaller projectiles.

They should add a slot to your inventory when you equipt the armor that you can put a weapon into for the guardian to hold. The guardian would deal 75% of the weapons damage, have a slighly slower attack speed and smaller projectiles.
My man this post came out 5 years ago

Back
Top Bottom