Weapons & Equip Starfury vs. Enchanted Sword vs. Purple Clubberfish

Everybody

Terrarian
These wonderful items are really great, so I wanted to compare (@Baconfry and SUGGEST a buff I see fit to a certain sword)

Starfury.png
Starfury:
22 Damage
5 Knockback
20 Velocity
19 Use Time
Summons Stars:
  • 44 Damage
  • 20 Velocity
  • Pierces 2 times
  • 59 Use Time
Starfury.png
vs.
Enchanted_Sword.png
:
  • 22 Damage vs. 18 Damage
  • 20 Velocity vs. 9 Velocity
  • Summons 2 Stars vs. 1 Beam
  • Pierces 2 times vs. no pierce

Starfury.png
vs.
Purple_Clubberfish.png
:
  • Summons Stars vs. No Special Effect
  • Pierces 2 times vs. No pierce
  • 19 Use Time vs. 34 Use Time

Enchanted_Sword.png
Enchanted Sword:
18 Damage
5 Knockback
9 Velocity
18 use Time
Shoots an enchanted beam

Enchanted_Sword.png
vs.
Starfury.png
:
  • 18 Use Time vs. 19 Use Time
  • Beam fires faster vs. Slower Stars
Enchanted_Sword.png
vs.
Purple_Clubberfish.png
:
  • 18 Use Time vs. 34 Use Time
  • Shoots a Beam

Purple_Clubberfish.png
Purple Clubberfish:
24 Damage
7 Knockback
34 Use Time

Purple_Clubberfish.png
vs.
Starfury.png
:
  • 24 Damage vs. 22 Damage
  • 7 Knockback vs. 5 Knockback

Purple_Clubberfish.png
vs.
Enchanted_Sword.png
:
  • 24 Damage vs. 18 Damage
  • 7 Knockback vs. 5 Knockback
With this in mind, I believe that the Enchanted Sword + The Purple Clubberfish could use a buff. (Just a tiny one, at least)

Enchanted_Sword.png
:
20 Damage
5 Knockback
14 Velocity
18 Use Time
Shoots a beam

Purple_Clubberfish.png
:
28 Damage
7 Knockback
30 Use Time

Just some thoughts, so please tell me what you think about the buffs, and one last thing:

Starfury.png
becomes it's pre-1.2 self, because it was awesome!

These... aren't even slightly related... so there's no real need to balance them relative to each other...

Also, is tagging me in all of your threads going to become a habit for you? Please try not to do that too often.

These... aren't even slightly related... so there's no real need to balance them relative to each other...

Also, is tagging me in all of your threads going to become a habit for you? Please try not to do that too often.

Heh… Sorry about that. From now on, I promise to never talk to you ever again! Or tag!

Let's see...

Starfury's total DPS: 88
Enchanted Sword's total DPS: 78
Purple Clubberfish's DPS: 42

So yeah, I would like to see the Enchanted Sword buffed to 20 damage, since it wouldn't cause much upset and make it a more worthy prize.

As for the Purple Clubberfish; Yes, it's definitely less powerful, but I have no idea what this has to do with anything. It's a tool, for one thing, but it's also as far outside the realm of glowing magical swords with recharging ranged abilities as I could possibly imagine. Seriously. What?
[DOUBLEPOST=1415929666][/DOUBLEPOST]
Kinda random if you ask me. Why a comparison of these three? They are completely unrelated.
Well, the Enchanted Sword and the Starfury are both, like I just said, glowing magical swords with recharging ranged abilities.

It's that dumb Clubberfish that's causing this confusion. I'll say this again for emphasis: What?

Last edited:
If you want to balance the Enchanted Sword against something, try the Enchanted Boomerang. Assuming, of course, that it isn't balanced already.

If you want to balance the Enchanted Sword against something, try the Enchanted Boomerang. Assuming, of course, that it isn't balanced already.
I don't want the Enchanted sword nerfed, though, nor do I want all early-game equipment buffed. .-.

Best not to touch it at all.

I think Starfury being stronger than Enchanted Sword is fine. Enchanted Sword is just kind of a rare bonus weapon and with extreme luck, can be even easier to get than the Starfury. Rarity doesn't justify strength, there's always gonna be people who get the rarer, stronger thing before the weaker, more common one.

Plus Starfury is tricky underground. The stars now pass through blocks if they spawn in them, but caves above can cause the stars to explode before they reach their target.

The reason that Everybody decided to post this is that all three of these items can be obtained at the same time. Starfury and Enchanted Sword are both good weapons, so this post simply compares the two weapons to show that which one is better. Though the Purple Clubberfish, I don't know why he compared that, this post is useful for people who have gotten an Enchanted Sword and a Starfury at the relatively same time so they can choose which one is best to use to progress the game. Also, Baconfry, obviously, if you compared the Enchanted Sword to the Enchanted Boomerang, Enchanted Sword would win. Enchanted Sword can do ranged and close, and can still attack when the beam is out. Sure, the Enchanted Boomerang can be upgraded to Flamarang, but both have the disadvantage of if you miss your target, you would be left weaponless until either you pull out another weapon or you get the boomerang back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom