tModLoader Starlight River (WIP)

starlight river devs carefully crafting the best :red:ing mod youve ever seen
1635710981377.png

那个黑色的长矛要怎么出现,就出现就不见了,现在就知道怎么搞了,要近战套用近战武器攻击收集月光能量然后双按↓就可以召唤长矛

Last edited:
The demo was fantastic, you guys knocked it out of the park with the aesthetic side of things, its almost professional level. My only real problems with the Demo were that the accessories for the Mage class didn't include a mana flower (maybe I'm spoiled by it, but I don't like having to constantly check for mana potions, especially with the armor reducing your mana), the status message "Your haunted weapons are getting bored" was annoying and kept happening despite not doing anything, and the ring attack for the boss isn't very good. The rest of the fight is for the most part (Save for an eh sprite on the fire breath and the occasional cheap hit), but the ring attack is unfair in my opinion. The random nature of the gap means that sometimes its easy to get through, while other times its almost impossible. And on top of that if you miss, you don't just go through the ring, you get dragged along with it, and get hit multiple times. That wouldn't be fun for any fight, but with how much damage the boss does, it tends to take off a good chunk of your health for one slipup. And to top it off, the boss is still spewing fire during this, so sometimes you just end up with "well I guess I'll just get hit" moments where the only path to freedom leads into the fire, and not taking it will get you hit by the ring. Other than that, and some minor niggles that pop up based on bad luck, the fight is great. I really don't have any criticism of the second phase, other than the death animation being a bit odd, but that's probably personal taste. Definitely going to be keeping an eye on this one, even If I am a bit late to the party

The demo was fantastic, you guys knocked it out of the park with the aesthetic side of things, its almost professional level. My only real problems with the Demo were that the accessories for the Mage class didn't include a mana flower (maybe I'm spoiled by it, but I don't like having to constantly check for mana potions, especially with the armor reducing your mana), the status message "Your haunted weapons are getting bored" was annoying and kept happening despite not doing anything, and the ring attack for the boss isn't very good. The rest of the fight is for the most part (Save for an eh sprite on the fire breath and the occasional cheap hit), but the ring attack is unfair in my opinion. The random nature of the gap means that sometimes its easy to get through, while other times its almost impossible. And on top of that if you miss, you don't just go through the ring, you get dragged along with it, and get hit multiple times. That wouldn't be fun for any fight, but with how much damage the boss does, it tends to take off a good chunk of your health for one slipup. And to top it off, the boss is still spewing fire during this, so sometimes you just end up with "well I guess I'll just get hit" moments where the only path to freedom leads into the fire, and not taking it will get you hit by the ring. Other than that, and some minor niggles that pop up based on bad luck, the fight is great. I really don't have any criticism of the second phase, other than the death animation being a bit odd, but that's probably personal taste. Definitely going to be keeping an eye on this one, even If I am a bit late to the party
The ring attack is built around being a le to use your dash effectively -- remember that you can dash in any cardinal OR subcardinal direction.

The status message for haunted weapons being bored indicates the weapons you haunted with the haunting armor have gone passive and must be reactivated by using a magic weapon.

Ok, I've gone and played the demo proper, and I can give a proper review now, and WOW. This was a great demo!

First of all, I want to say that I LOVE Forbidden Winds, it was so fun to use in the Ceiros fight and just in general. I really dig the idea of permanent upgrades and I can't wait to see more from this idea.

The fight and the Victric Desert are visually stunning (even on lowest settings because my computer is trash lol), and almost all of the attacks are really fun to dodge (again, love Forbidden Winds!!!!!!!!!!), but the one thing that I really want to go into detail about, is how much of a precense i feel from this boss.

I'll be honest, after almost two years of playing Terraria, I've sort of become desensitized to the idea of fighting bosses. With how many there are in the game they start to feel less like challenges and more like just a chore list I need to go through. I don't hate any of these bosses, far from it, it's just they become montonous after many playthroughs. Even modded bosses save for a small few, but... you know what? I don't think I'm ever going to become bored of Starlight River's bosses, even long after the mod's full version releases, and do you want to know why? The presentation, the sheer precense I feel from this boss.

From the moment you break the crystal at that temple, the way the arena slowly rises out of the ground makes you immeadiately feel a precense, even though the boss isnt even present at the moment, and when you actually summon it? Bosses in Terraria are almost always called by you, even the most powerful, most difficult enemies are summoned by you, the player. But when a boss nails that feeling of the boss being bigger than you, I love it. Ceiros in particular feels like YOU walked into this big beast's home and personally pissed it off, and I love it.

Also, short mention to the music. I love how there are different pieces for the Temple and the rest of the Victric Desert, with the temple's theme being quiet yet eerie, and the rest of the biome being harsh and forboding. I also love the ending jingle for the boss fight, how it blends perfectly into the fight theme beforehand and the biome theme afterwards.

TL;DR holy :red: holy :red: holy :red: i love starlight river

Do you know what's the worst part of this mod?

It's the inevitable wait between checking out the demo and seeing the final product released.

Seriously, this little sneak peek was awesome. I'm gonna melt into slag from the anticipation.

Do you know what's the worst part of this mod?

It's the inevitable wait between checking out the demo and seeing the final product released.

Seriously, this little sneak peek was awesome. I'm gonna melt into slag from the anticipation.
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom