tModLoader Starlight River (WIP)

First support banner is complete, by Zekrom
Sorry for the long wait, we've been focusing on other aspects development pretty heavily
Starlight River Vitric Support Banner.png

[url=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/starlight-river-wip.83686[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/616392483177365515/648243371286069249/slrsupportbanner1.png[/img][/url]

In addition, I've also updated the forum post to display a bit of our newer content as well

Last edited:
That animation looks so cool!
Will it be able to purify ebon/crim/pearlstone?
Maybe, because the way the code is setup, every block can only have 1 possible purified version. However, it's also possible to make "fake" clones of vanilla stone that drop the normal stone item for each variant, so that it can be turned back with no issue. I'd have to discuss with the other devs if it's even needed, as by the time you unlock the ability you're already far past the point of being able to mine those versions of stone.

Updated the forum post with information about the Starlight Codex and Rift Crafting. I'll post it in this comment too so the lazy people dont have to like, scroll

Starlight Codex
nHYHOw6YbY1KqSeiXBGhFGABYk4Raekly1hXx6KDHJoFWuYFbZTeqDmBzenVAxqnjAa4ZB8DYFbdkAjXVFDm70ku2y57pFEYRp90wpKUXdNcWLr_yuqYmCe08hpOHypnCFsVh_Dc

The Starlight Codex is the main source of information in the mod.
Entries are unlocked as you discover, fight, or craft new content.
It's filled with pages for biomes, abilities, and any other important information.
It's main purpose is to guide new players in content that they would find hard to figure out on their own.

Obtained in the Desert, this unlocks a button in the inventory screen rather than an actual item.
Rift Crafting
Rift Crafting is a WIP method to craft items that can't be crafted at any normal crafting station.
It's a bit complex, which is why it needs it's own section here.

Here's how it works:
The player throws in the items in the recipe and then finalizes it with a Catalyst to begin the crafting process.
There are several tiers, requiring different Catalysts to kickstart the reaction.
Once it begins, shadowy enemies begin to spawn around the rift where it's taking place.
Killing them speeds up a timer, and when the timer hits zero the process ends and the crafted item drops.
Higher tiers have stronger enemies, with minibosses in the highest.
Dying or moving away from the rift while it's crafting will end the process and destroy some of the items used.

Recipes for Rift Crafting can be found in the Starlight Codex along with difficulty and time.

Merry Christmas, we'll be releasing a fair bit of updates soon as the holiday season concludes, thanks for sticking with us!

Let's be honest, its far from what vanilla is supposed to be, but it looks beautiful, the math and dust plays are just wonderful, the ideas executed with grace and overall just needs more attention from the forums

Let's be honest, its far from what vanilla is supposed to be, but it looks beautiful, the math and dust plays are just wonderful, the ideas executed with grace and overall just needs more attention from the forums
We're kind of avoiding being what "vanilla is supposed to be", especially when there's already plenty of mods mods that stick with how vanilla does things. we're really just trying to make something new, and hopefully something fun!

Speaking of something fun, we've been working on something pretty big: finishing the Overgrowth biome, along with a boss that takes a little more than just dps to kill. Stay tuned for spoilers and updates!
Take this in the meantime.
Two Overgrowth traps

Last edited:
i know that this sounds somewhat elitist, but we're kind of avoiding being what "vanilla is supposed to be", especially when there's already countless mods that already do nothing but add hundreds of items that are indistinguishable from each other and vanilla. we're really just trying to make something new, and hopefully something fun
Yeah I noticed, and Im not against it, nonetheless I adore the work you put into it

slrsupportbanner2.png

New support banner, by @Zekrom 2 again!
[url=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/starlight-river-wip.83686[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/622610063592521761/676913811168559115/slrsupportbanner2.png[/img][/url]

Updated post once again, with some absolutely phenomenal art made by two contributors!
Amazing rendition of the Overgrowth armor, by Xelo (@XELOS_ on Twitter)
-fyv5ElGQNPgqX5b2PnIF85c-kcRyyy-_bpKDRogy-cB4yQVCtJzsWChrvQmv3Dm1yM0l4dgV-KU7Z0K8uQ33-TroIz_eytBcpyAVvAomZ4uq16ZoeoB6vgl2dddlMSYqMY2JMvA

Another awesome take on a very different version of the Overgrowth armor, by Monsterbot (@monsterbot06_art on Instagram)
eBafsL7g7qh_08L5OX49MWvzE2op-vJBwx_qC3-4BLRRL32vFfZ2KIvJ3zXuWp9sf0ViAN3P5YgG95ZMbS679aWI7u7EK9VdzA5H9_Y0N7Va7WqY1ptftKzwvgo0DnDC2qlViKOh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom