Votes: 7 12.5%
  • the base I posted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • base 5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • base Happiness

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
It generates the full base during world generation it won't add stuff later on. At world gen it counts the npc's which are possible with you current active mods and scale your base with this number. If you add some new mods including npcs during your playtime at this world there can be npc's without a flat afterwards. But if you generate a new world it again your new base will include the new npc's as well.
As long mod creators do no fancy npc stuff, the available flat count tells you the maximal number (or a upper border) of possible npc which can spawn during your play through.
Does world size affect anything? It's a large world. Looks like there's 80 spots or so, but seeing how far up I've already gotten so early in the game, I would bet that I reached the limit. But even if I did, that's still a ton of NPC houses that I didn't have to build. `:D

Does world size affect anything? It's a large world. Looks like there's 80 spots or so, but seeing how far up I've already gotten so early in the game, I would bet that I reached the limit. But even if I did, that's still a ton of NPC houses that I didn't have to build. `:D
At large worlds you can build higher and so more flats can stack. But the number which is generated do not change. Currently I didn't include any limit check. It can happen, that the flats reach the upper limit of the map were you can't go further. Then you have flat's you can't reach. If even more npc's it could try to write above the internal map size. If that happen the world won't be generated and you get an error message.

So as long you can stay on top of your base you should be fine.
Were all npc mods active during world generation?

But maybe I forgot something. So if you had all active but run out of flats please write me.

At large worlds you can build higher and so more flats can stack. But the number which is generated do not change. Currently I didn't include any limit check. It can happen, that the flats reach the upper limit of the map were you can't go further. Then you have flat's you can't reach. If even more npc's it could try to write above the internal map size. If that happen the world won't be generated and you get an error message.

So as long you can stay on top of your base you should be fine.
Were all npc mods active during world generation?

But maybe I forgot something. So if you had all active but run out of flats please write me.
I made sure to have all the mods I planned on using active when I generated the world, because a lot of them had new biomes too. I don't know how many NPCs I'll have when everything is said and done, but I'll let you know if I end up running out. Sounds like I might not though. :happy:

Edit: I think I actually will run out lol. I have 80 houses if I counted right, and 50 are filled before even fighting Skeletron, Queen Bee, and other bosses that allow access to more NPCs. Do other housing layouts allow for more houses than others? I may end up making a new world and transferring my stuff over if that's the case.

Last edited:
I think I actually will run out lol. I have 80 houses if I counted right, and 50 are filled before even fighting Skeletron, Queen Bee, and other bosses that allow access to more NPCs. Do other housing layouts allow for more houses than others? I may end up making a new world and transferring my stuff over if that's the case.
That would be strange if so. All bases have about the same number. They can only slightly vary if you can't divide the npc count by the number of flats of the repetitive added flats (2 for $ba2, 3 for $ba3, 6 for $ba4 and $ba6). As long you can talk to each npc and they are friendly it should be the correct number of all npc's. Except one npc type can enter the world multiple times or is randomly generated during the game. That didn't happen in any mods I looked for. So think you will have enough space.

(normal base 3 structure only misses one table in the flat above the liquid because it was assumed you place there a bookcase or a bewitching table (both count as table). That flat should be for santa claus.)

Edit: did some small update which adds an alternative way of counting the npc's. Tested so far the result is equal. But maybe different for some mods.

Last edited:
This is amazing. I only need to add my gardening and fishing spots along with my jungle and mushroom biomes. Thank you so much!!

This is a fantastic mod, especially for people like me who tend to start new playthroughs frequently. Now I don't have to build/TEdit a gulag each time I do, or even count my NPCs! That said, I'd appreciate more options for furniture, since while blocks/walls can be quickly replaced in TEdit, furniture takes a while.

Last edited:
This is a fantastic mod, especially for people like me who tend to start new playthroughs frequently. Now I don't have to build/TEdit a gulag each time I do, or even count my NPCs! That said, I'd appreciate more options for furniture, since while blocks/walls can be quickly replaced in TEdit, furniture takes a while.
I think you already found it but to be sure here some alternative furniture options:
Fpa = PalmWood
Fdy = DynastyWood
Fwo = Wood
Fgr = GraniteBlock
Fbo = BorealWood
Fri = RichMahogany
e.g. "MyWorldName$ba4Fdy" will generate base type 4 with dynasty wood furniture
Which else furniture style should it have? Should be easy to add some new furniture quite early in game. So e.g. I think Luminite Bricks is too much too start with.
Or you want a combination of different?

OK that sucks.
How can it be sure not destroying anything else you build? And would need some further work for options, e.g. a graphic interface. I may do once I have too much free time. You can try Cheat Sheet mod. There you can paste in base structures.

I think you already found it but to be sure here some alternative furniture options:
Fpa = PalmWood
Fdy = DynastyWood
Fwo = Wood
Fgr = GraniteBlock
Fbo = BorealWood
Fri = RichMahogany
e.g. "MyWorldName$ba4Fdy" will generate base type 4 with dynasty wood furniture
Which else furniture style should it have? Should be easy to add some new furniture quite early in game. So e.g. I think Luminite Bricks is too much too start with.
Or you want a combination of different?

How can it be sure not destroying anything else you build? And would need some further work for options, e.g. a graphic interface. I may do once I have too much free time. You can try Cheat Sheet mod. There you can paste in base structures.
I have cheat sheet but idk how to paste in structures

Crystal and Marble are the ones I use the most.
will add marble with next update. Crystal is hardmode item. You won't be able to add some additional furniture until you enter hardmode. Not sure if it is a good idea to add it.

I have cheat sheet but idk how to paste in structures
Paint tools->Load online shematic databas (W) -->wait some time--> wait ... -> There you can select uploaded bases --> insert with paint
Alternative you can use paint dropper to select a base you want to copy in your world --> export (E) --> load the world you want to past in ---> import --> paint tool

under cheat sheet, there are paint extensions. The dropper is used to copy whatever you want to use. In my case, I have an original world with a statue farm, glowing/jungle (left and right sides of my base) honey/water/lava farm, and fishing for glowing and jungle, along with a normal fishing hole. Before this base mod, I would also paste in a tree house and structures for my npc's. What you do is dropper, export, then click the paint brush icon, and select what you exported onto the sheet. It's very simple, and there are a few videos that explain it in great detail.

added
Crystal and Marble are the ones I use the most.
Marble furniture added ($Fma), tiles and wall as well ($Tma, $Wma), also added granite tiles and walls ($Tgr, $Wgr)
Furthermore you can also store and load your style settings. If stored you can edit all parameters as you like and create your custom style options. I did an example with crystal blocks (in top post --> advanced options --> even more advanced options)

added

Marble furniture added ($Fma), tiles and wall as well ($Tma, $Wma), also added granite tiles and walls ($Tgr, $Wgr)
Furthermore you can also store and load your style settings. If stored you can edit all parameters as you like and create your custom style options. I did an example with crystal blocks (in top post --> advanced options --> even more advanced options)

Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom