Votes: 0 0.0%
  • base 5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • base Happiness

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Unftf🌴

Terrarian
"Start with base" is a small mod which generates a base at the end of world generation considering all NPC's of all active mods. So if you are tiered building your own all the time that mod might work for you. But it won't give you too much. You still need to place chests and crafting stations. For NPC flats you don't need to care about. It will check how many NPC your mods contain and resize the base accordingly. There will be also enough space for chest which allow you to store each item from active mods in you current game (only base 3 and base 4).

It won't win a design award for good looking :) That's also your part.
The main concept about this base is to reduce ways to NPC's, crafting stations, chests and a high amount of chest you can quick-stack too (after teleport back).
It should balance a high NPC flat density with a high chest density. Each of those can be done better but with negative effect for the other. If you think you got a better base structure with higher NPC and chest density write me here please. (base made for vanilla, there might be better if you play with mods)

GUI
GUI2.png

Base 2

Capture 2018-05-24 04_35_34.png

Base 3
Capture 2018-05-21 18_39_02.png

extended version of Base 3
Capture 2018-05-24 21_17_03.png

Base 4 for many NPC
Capture 2018-05-31 22_02_35.png
only vanilla NPC
Capture 2019-01-17 20_58_20.png

Base 5 - Some base below ground
base5.png

Base 6
Capture 2018-05-24 20_33_12.png

Base Happiness
baseh.png

Optional automated Pylon Outpost placement:
PylonMinimap.pngOutposts.png

Why build like that?
-quick access to NPC's just by holding
-around the spawn point (bed) a high number of chests to quick-stack
-important crafting stations nearby

mod made with personal preferences and for own usage. But feel free to try it as well. As mentioned above if you think something can be done better or more efficient write me please.

It would be nice if you can also write me your experience during playthrough with this base mod.

Thanks for testing. gl hf!

More pics:

NPC can be very close in base 4
NPCparty.png

With some stuff added: Capture 2018-05-31 21_53_21.pngCapture 2018-05-24 20_35_27.pngCapture 2018-05-24 21_19_49.pngCapture 2018-05-21 18_45_16.png

What you will start with (Base3 (enter "$Ba3" ):
Capture 2018-05-21 18_39_02.png
In that small base all NPC's will get a room, you can build all important crafting stations (and many more) and you can store all items of vanilla version.
If you have multiple mods active it might looks slightly different. It adepts to the number of town NPC's and the number of items of all active mods have together. It will use some quality with this.

How it could look later on:
Capture 2018-05-21 18_45_16.png

0.2.2.3/.4 - bug fix for custom styles. They should work again. For people who don't use the GUI: Added option to only change the style of chair and desk ($d..), same options as furniture ($f..)

Update 0.2.1.0
-some code improvements
-added many new
(those numbers let you save/load your styles)
0.2.1.1 - small improvment
0.2.1.2/3 - pearl brick (wall) added + fix
0.2.2.0 - peal furniture, chain lantern, - instead of furniture tiles your start with some of those in the starting chest, - some base fixes on base3, -random only random style not base
0.2.2.1 - you can pause world gen in Gui mode, you can also disable gui mode: $noG

Update 0.2.0.0
-GUI added!
-option for changing platform
-option for changing lantern style

Update new bases and style options:

2 new base structures you can choose from and can compare with:
Base2 (enter "$Ba2" behind you world name):
Capture 2018-05-24 04_35_34.png and with some stuff added: Capture 2018-05-24 21_19_49.png

Base6 ($Ba6):
Capture 2018-05-24 20_33_12.png and here how it could look later in game: Capture 2018-05-24 20_35_27.png
This base 6 was originally idea from @Sergo. In this mod is a slightly modified version.
Both of this bases have 24 NPC flats. So it's big enough for vanilla. It will also grow if you have mods with more NPC's installed. Unfortunately they not made for storing many items. So you might run out of space. But besides NPC you can also place all important crating stations there. The number behind base (base2 -> 2, base6->6 ) means the smallest size of the core NPC flat structure. So if you need more flats it always grows by at least this size.

If you need more storage also a variation of base 3 was added ($b3b):
Capture 2018-05-24 21_17_03.png (with a random style ( worldname + "$b3bsy*" ) )
or later in game: Untitled.png As alternative top floor can also be used to grow some seed.

Upade 0.1.4: added a base 4 for many NPC's
use $ba4 for this
e.g. thats a base which has place for over 100 NPC's:
Capture 2018-05-31 22_02_35.png
if you have no mods installed, this basic version can hold all vanilla:
Capture 2019-01-17 20_58_20.png
This base uses some structure which allows very small distances between NPC:
NPCparty.png

Here some quick ideas what could be added where, including some modified structure:
Capture 2018-05-31 21_53_21.png
only thing you need to care about are the lower flats of the extension. Something need to be placed at the bottom there. Otherwise npc's prefer low spot. Image shows some working examples. They don't like chests nearby. If one is placed on top they tend to go down. To prohibit that you can place some platforms or a chest at lower.

EDIT:since Update 0.2.0.0 you can do this with GUI and not needed anymore

To change these options you need add them at the end of your world name with "$" plus the options you like

new base types:
Ba2 = base with 2 NPC flats as core structure
Ba3 = base with 3 NPC flats as core structure (§b3b for big version)
Ba4 = base with 4 NPC flats as core structure (this base is good for many npc)
Ba5 = base below ground
Ba6 = base with 6 NPC flats as core structure
Bha = base wich takes Happiness into account

Outpost:
Opy = place pylon outposts
Obe = place outposts which just contain some bed for spawn placement

you can change which tiles are used:

change Furniture:
Fpa = Palm Wood Furniture
Fdy = Dynasty Wood Furniture
Fwo = Wood Furniture
Fgr = Granite Block Furniture
Fbo = Boreal Wood Furniture
Fri = Rich Mahogany Furniture
Fmb = Marble Block Furniture

Wha = Hay Wall
Wdg = Diamond Gemspark Wall
Wdy = White Dynasty Wall
Wwo = Wood Wall
Wss = Stone Slab Wall
Wdi = Dirt Wall
Wri = Rich Mahogany Wall
Wbo = Boreal Wood Wall
Wgr = Granite Block Wall
Wmb = Marble Block Wall

Tha = Hay
Tob = Obsidian Brick
Tdy = Dynasty Wood
Two = Wood
Tss = Stone Slab
Tri = Rich Mahogany
Tbo = Boreal Wood
Tgr = Granite Block
Tmb = Marble Block

$Lho, Lgl, Ldy, Lwo, Lpa, Lbo, Lgr, Wmb --> changes the used lantern
$Ppa, Pri, Pdy, Pwo, Pbo, Pgr, Pmb, Pic --> changes the used platform
$Dpa, Ddy, Dwo, Dgr, Dbo, Dri, Dmb --> changes the used chair and desk/workbench

...many more added in update 0.3.1. With GUI no input needed anymore. If you still want to do, new endings are:
di, st, me, cr, ma, ic, sb, sl, ca, sk,

$Sy* - random style out of those above or some predefined combinations $Sy0, $Sy1, $Sy2

You can combine those, e.g "MyWorldName$Ba3FdyTssWdi" (without quotes) will select base 3 with dyndasty wood furniture (Fdy), stone slab for Flats (Tss) and dirt as wall behind (Wdi)

Now you can also add your own custom styles and save combinations from above.
For this type Cx1, Cx2, ... or Cx9 in world file name.
It will create a config file named config1.txt in StartWithBase folder close to your Terraria world files ( or config2.txt if you entered Cx2, last digit is equal in both).
If that file already exists, it will set the values as stored in that file.

Content of that file looks like:
(custom style bone theme blocks)
Code:
# Config file of Start with Base mod
# here you can setup custom values
# lines start with '#' get ignored
# basetype values ba2=0 ba5=1 ba3=2 b3b=3 ba4=4 ba6=5 bha=6 currently supported
basetype = 6
# outposts - generates also some biome outposts or some simple bed room near important places (experimental)(values: true, false)
DoPylonOutpost = true
DoBedOutpost = true

# In the following part the placed object types can be changed (experimental).
# For the item ID's e.g. https://terraria.wiki.gg/wiki/Item_IDs can be used
# As alternative their name can work as well.
# For mod related items names will work most likely better.

# Tiles used to build base
TileItemType = Obsidian Brick

# Wall
WallItemType = Smooth Marble Wall

# Furniture
ChairItemType = Meteorite Chair
WorkBenchItemType = Meteorite Work Bench
LanternItemType = Cactus Lantern
LampItemType = Cactus Lamp
PlatformItemType = Dynasty Wood Platform
TorchItemType = Torch

Code:
# Config file of Start with Base mod
# here you can setup custom values
# lines start with '#' get ignored

# basetype values ba2=0 ba5=1 ba3=2 b3b=3 ba4=4 ba6=5 currently supported
basetype = 3

# In following part you can change each type of placed objects.
# For tile ID's look e.g. at https://terraria.wiki.gg/Tile_IDs
# There also the style numbers are written. It's called Sub ID there.
# For items types look at their wiki pages. Those are placed in a starting chest.

# Tiles used to build base
TileID = 194
ItemIDoftileType = 766

# Wall
WallID = 75
ItemIDofWallType = 768

# Furniture
PlatformStyle = 4
LanternStyle = 25
ChairStyle = 7
WorkBenchStyle = 4
LampStyle = 16
TorchStyle = 13
ChairItemType = 808
WorkBenchItemType = 811
LanternItemType = 2148
LampItemType = 2134
PlatformItemType = 634
There you can edit each parameter which is used in base generation.

At your next world generation write something like "YourWorldName$Cx1" and it will load config1.txt parameters and creates the base with this (EDIT: or use the GUI to load it). You can also change parameters of you config file, e.g. "YourWorldName$Cx1Wss" will overwrite the wall property in your config file with stone slap wall (only for this generation, config file untouched).

Last edited:
i LOVE this concept. it helps me since every world i start i always use an editing program to plop a premade house right in the spawn area.

oh man, this new update is friggen amazing. the mod pack i'm using currently has so many npcs that the house reaches space on a small world lol.

oh man, this new update is friggen amazing. the mod pack i'm using currently has so many npcs that the house reaches space on a small world lol.
^^ ye that can be a problem. It's not caped to world borders yet.
Those structures made for vanilla. Not that good with very high NPC's number.
You could try base 2 with "$ba2" behind your world name. This base grows in horizontal direction.

If you have a good idea for many npc's could add that too.

^^ ye that can be a problem. It's not caped to world borders yet.
Those structures made for vanilla. Not that good with very high NPC's number.
You could try base 2 with "$ba2" behind your world name. This base grows in horizontal direction.

If you have a good idea for many npc's could add that too.
now if there was a way to have it grow out like a + sign that would be even better, becaues right now if i did the horizontal building it would cross like three or four biomes lol

and do you know the total number? So. e.g. the total number of flats generated in you world.
after doin' a little maths, my total amount of town npcs is 87. although not all live in the town, some like the witch doctor and fungus guy, have their own biome specific houses.

after doin' a little maths, my total amount of town npcs is 87. although not all live in the town, some like the witch doctor and fungus guy, have their own biome specific houses.
lol thanks, 87 that is a number. Those bases won't work good for that number. Might I ask which mods you are using which give that many NPC's (only those which give many)? I only know material trader and Thorium mod with about 10 npc each.

lol thanks, 87 that is a number. Those bases won't work good for that number. Might I ask which mods you are using which give that many NPC's (only those which give many)? I only know material trader and Thorium mod with about 10 npc each.
no idea at all, i just started with the mod list that the yogscast are usin' for their "druidaria 2" series then added a few extra mods on top of it.

What a great idea! As someone who really likes to play modded (my current world has Calamity, Thorium, Tremor, and Spirit, and I'll likely do a world with far more in the future), this would be really useful to get NPCs to move in quickly as soon as they're available!

I don't get how "$ba2" base works.
how the base structure functional working itself and lead to valid flats or how it can be generated?

If it is the 2nd: You need to add $ba2 at the end of your world name, e.g if you name your world like FrogWorld add $ba2 behind, so write FrogWorld$ba2 as a world name.

20180530064810_1.png
Some more options in the spoiler of the top post. E.g. if you want another wall (stone slap) you can write: FrogWorld$ba2Wss

I should add some GUI later on.

I agree with you on the GUI. I just went with the standard hay/palmwood setup, but I could totally see that being useful to choose the style. Other than that, the mod seems to work great! I tried to test its limits by making a world with a ridiculous number of NPCs (way too many mods lol), but it even handled that just fine.

Did some update! Added a base structure which allows more NPC's in shorter range:
name is base 4 (so add $ba4 behind your world name if you want to use it)
NPCparty.png

now if there was a way to have it grow out like a + sign that would be even better, becaues right now if i did the horizontal building it would cross like three or four biomes lol
the new base structure should have a smaller distance.

I agree with you on the GUI. I just went with the standard hay/palmwood setup, but I could totally see that being useful to choose the style. Other than that, the mod seems to work great! I tried to test its limits by making a world with a ridiculous number of NPCs (way too many mods lol), but it even handled that just fine.
How many npc you got in total? At the current state you can break it if you have enough npc to reach the sky. At base 3 it's around 80 NPC at small map and 90 for base 6.

Last edited:
How many npc you got in total? At the current state you can break it if you have enough npc to reach the sky. At base 3 it's around 80 NPC at small map and 90 for base 6.
No idea - I haven't even fought Skeletron yet and there's already quite a few. I put a buttload of mods on the world, and most of them add NPCs lol. I didn't make any world name changes to the base. So far it seem to be working well though. We'll see how it goes when I get post-Moon Lord.

Capture 2018-05-30 22_57_41.png

Last edited:
No idea - I haven't even fought Skeletron yet and there's already quite a few. I put a buttload of mods on the world, and most of them add NPCs lol. I didn't make any world name changes to the base. So far it seem to be working well though. We'll see how it goes when I get post-Moon Lord.
It generates the full base during world generation it won't add stuff later on. At world gen it counts the npc's which are possible with you current active mods and scale your base with this number. If you add some new mods including npcs during your playtime at this world there can be npc's without a flat afterwards. But if you generate a new world it again your new base will include the new npc's as well.
As long mod creators do no fancy npc stuff, the available flat count tells you the maximal number (or a upper border) of possible npc which can spawn during your play through.

Back
Top Bottom