Votes: 7 12.5%
  • the base I posted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • base 5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • base Happiness

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I always try to get this one, but it doesnt show up.
201793-a188821570f3aa6c5ef95a1203d83152.jpg

Having the tiles/walls/furniture changes as well as the base's design itself all rely on the name of the world severely limits how much space I have to name my worlds. Could an config(in or outside the game, it doesn't matter) be added at some point to replace the default options so I don't have to use space on the world name?

It's a big issue for me since I typically have large names due to my format for world name which goes like "<character name>'s <theme>." For example, for a Calamity playthrough with a character called Jaque would have a world name that would go like "Jaque's Calamity" or if it's a class playthrough then I'll relate that to the name rather than the mod focus. I do this so I can easily remember which world belongs to who and remind myself what I was focusing on if I've taken a break from the game. This, of course, clashes when I also want to have a Dynasty Wood theme and change the base would would result in the name now being "Jaque's Calamity$ba4FdyWdyTdy" which doesn't fit in Terraria's character limit for world names.

Anyway, great mod! For now, I'll be fine sticking with the default options only adding "$ba4" at the end since I'd perferto have it over the looks of tiles/walls/furniture since I'm not a fan of climbing a huge tower to find all my modded NPC's. Really saves me the trouble of building houses since I'm more in the game for the combat, gear, and bosses.

@Diego Weiller No, it definitely does. However, the materials that it builds it with is seemingly randomized unless you specify what materials through the commands. For example, I got the base with dynasty wood tiles, granite walls, and marble furniture but in a test world I got marble walls and tiles with dynasty furniture. Basically, think of $ba4 as the base's shape and not the base's materials. If you want the look that the image gives you'll have to type "$ba4FpaWssTss" at the end of your world name.

I'm a mac user, and whenever I type in $ba4, it makes the base, but only in a smaller form than the picture intended.
I need answers.

Sorry @BadDocktor and others, for some reason I got no message about new posts in that thread.Or just haven't seen for some reason.
But how do you make the one in the picture?
As @Zeniphierial wrote (thanks for that) to get the exact same base you need to write "$ba4FpaWssTss" behind you world name. Furthermore you need to have active mods which increase the NPC count (about 80 new to get exact same base as in picture). If you haven't any new modded NPC's the base structure in mid is be big enough for all vanilla NPC. If you have e.g. only 10 additional it won't generate it that wide. Only big enough that any NPC get a flat.
Try e.g. "Material Trader", "Thorium" mod to get some more (10 and 11 more). Or do you want a base which has much more flats than NPC available in game?

$ba4 doenst generate the one in the image... it does with woodblocks wicht get destroyed by lava ¬¬
Huh? the base get destroyed?
As @Zeniphierial wrote the materials used are random. If you want some specific you need to add them in world name. There are also some predefined combinations Sy0, Sy1, Sy2. E.g. if you add "$ba4Sy0" it will generate hay tiles and wall, palm wood furniture and and as some special honey lanterns.

Having the tiles/walls/furniture changes as well as the base's design itself all rely on the name of the world severely limits how much space I have to name my worlds. Could an config(in or outside the game, it doesn't matter) be added at some point to replace the default options so I don't have to use space on the world name?
There already is! At least some kind of. But its a little hidden in the main post in a spoiler of a spoiler (advanced options -> even more advanced options at the bottom). With this you only need to add "$Cx1" to your worldname to use your config1.txt as parameters. To setup a config file you first need to generate a world with your wished option (with a short world name, you can delete that world after doing it once). So e.g. change "Jaque's Calamity$ba4FdyWdyTdy" to "jc$ba4FdyWdyTdyCx1" (Cx1 at the end!). With this you store that configuration you made in config1.txt. After that you can shorten the parameters to Cx1. So e.g. "Jaque's Calamity$Cx1" will generate dynasty base4, or "Bob's Thorium$Cx1" as well. So after doing this "$Cx1" will be equal to "$ba4FdyWdyTdy".
You can change those parameter also by hand in that config file.

Last edited:
There already is! At least some kind of. But its a little hidden in the main post in a spoiler of a spoiler (advanced options -> even more advanced options at the bottom). With this you only need to add "$Cx1" to your worldname to use your config1.txt as parameters. To setup a config file you first need to generate a world with your wished option (with a short world name, you can delete that world after doing it once). So e.g. change "Jaque's Calamity$ba4FdyWdyTdy" to "jc$ba4FdyWdyTdyCx1" (Cx1 at the end!). With this you store that configuration you made in config1.txt. After that you can shorten the parameters to Cx1. So e.g. "Jaque's Calamity$Cx1" will generate dynasty base4, or "Bob's Thorium$Cx1" as well. So after doing this "$Cx1" will be equal to "$ba4FdyWdyTdy".

Ah, I hadn't seen the spoiler's spoiler. Very handy, and allows for more customization than provided by the commands! Sorry for not seeing it before, and thank you for pointing me towards it!

it crashed meh
7/9/2018 9:49:11 AM
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Terraria.Main.DrawToMap_Section(Int32 secX, Int32 secY)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

it crashed meh
7/9/2018 9:49:11 AM
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
Thanks for bug report. But it don't look like this mod is responsible for (it doesn't use that function as far I know). Maybe vanilla or another mod. Do you other mods running? Can you reproduce the crash? (Doing what?)

Sorry @BadDocktor and others, for some reason I got no message about new posts in that thread.Or just haven't seen for some reason.

As @Zeniphierial wrote (thanks for that) to get the exact same base you need to write "$ba4FpaWssTss" behind you world name. Furthermore you need to have active mods which increase the NPC count (about 80 new to get exact same base as in picture). If you haven't any new modded NPC's the base structure in mid is be big enough for all vanilla NPC. If you have e.g. only 10 additional it won't generate it that wide. Only big enough that any NPC get a flat.
Try e.g. "Material Trader", "Thorium" mod to get some more (10 and 11 more). Or do you want a base which has much more flats than NPC available in game?

Huh? the base get destroyed?
As @Zeniphierial wrote the materials used are random. If you want some specific you need to add them in world name. There are also some predefined combinations Sy0, Sy1, Sy2. E.g. if you add "$ba4Sy0" it will generate hay tiles and wall, palm wood furniture and and as some special honey lanterns.

I have added more town npc mods, incuding Thorium and Calamity, but, the base is still that way.

I have added more town npc mods, incuding Thorium and Calamity, but, the base is still that way.
Your also started a new world? It will only generate a bigger base at world generation not later in game. It might overwrite something there, so only at world generation to be sure nothing important built by you get erased.
As far as I know Calamity do not add any town NPC.
Thorium should add 10.

I just wanted to stop back in just to tell you again Thank you for this magificant mod. it has made it so much easier to make new heros and worlds to enjoy.

Your also started a new world? It will only generate a bigger base at world generation not later in game. It might overwrite something there, so only at world generation to be sure nothing important built by you get erased.
As far as I know Calamity do not add any town NPC.
Thorium should add 10.

Tried again, but same outcome.

I just wanted to stop back in just to tell you again Thank you for this magificant mod. it has made it so much easier to make new heros and worlds to enjoy.
Thank you for good review. I didn't though that many people are interested in it. Only did it for self usage. Compared to my other mod Terraria seed project it only took a very short time to code but has much more downloads/users. The time spend coding that mod payed out over 100times more than the other. Bad and good at the same point :) :(

Tried again, but same outcome.
hmm, that's strange. Which base type you selected ($ba4 or?) ? Could you post an image of a new generated base?

I have an issue where I try to make a new world, with a specific base type and it crashes my game. I'll see if I can find the crash log.

9/8/2017 9:40:37 PM
System.InvalidOperationException: A previous Draw call threw an unhandled exception. See InnerException for details. ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 startPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Int32& hoveredSnippet, Single maxWidth, Boolean ignoreColors)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringWithShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, String text, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.Utils.DrawBorderString(SpriteBatch sb, String text, Vector2 pos, Color color, Single scale, Single anchorx, Single anchory, Int32 maxCharactersDisplayed)
at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.UIMessageBox.DrawSelf(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.DrawChildren(SpriteBatch spriteBatch)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, GameTime time)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMenu(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Paint(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameWindow.OnPaint()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameWindow.mainForm_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

9/16/2017 2:09:36 AM

9/17/2017 2:44:51 PM
10/27/2017 3:51:25 PM

12/8/2017 10:38:00 PM

1/1/2018 8:46:39 PM

2/9/2018 1:05:52 AM
at TheOneLibrary.TheOneLibrary.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Development\Terraria\Mods\Repository\TheOneLibrary\TheOneLibrary.cs:line 95

2/9/2018 1:22:08 AM
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 startPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Int32& hoveredSnippet, Single maxWidth, Boolean ignoreColors)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, TextSnippet[] snippets, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatManager.DrawColorCodedStringWithShadow(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont font, String text, Vector2 position, Color baseColor, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2 baseScale, Single maxWidth, Single spread)
at Terraria.Utils.DrawBorderString(SpriteBatch sb, String text, Vector2 pos, Color color, Single scale, Single anchorx, Single anchory, Int32 maxCharactersDisplayed)

2/10/2018 12:13:56 AM
at Terraria.Main.RenderWater()

3/1/2018 8:21:05 PM

3/2/2018 1:38:02 PM

3/2/2018 4:14:58 PM
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CheatSheet.Menus.RecipeBrowserWindow' threw an exception. ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at CheatSheet.CheatSheet.CSText(String category, String key) in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\CheatSheet.cs:line 87
at CheatSheet.Menus.RecipeBrowserWindow.CSText(String key, String category) in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\Menus\RecipeBrowser.cs:line 24
at CheatSheet.Menus.RecipeBrowserWindow..cctor() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\Menus\RecipeBrowser.cs:line 25
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at CheatSheet.CheatSheet.Unload() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\CheatSheet\CheatSheet.cs:line 81
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.UnloadContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Unload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.Interface.ModLoaderMenus(Main main, Int32 selectedMenu, String[] buttonNames, Single[] buttonScales, Int32[] buttonVerticalSpacing, Int32& offY, Int32& spacing, Int32& numButtons, Boolean& backButtonDown)

3/25/2018 3:28:23 AM

6/2/2018 11:36:42 PM
at Terraria.Main.RenderWater()

7/25/2018 1:30:22 AM
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatLine..ctor()

9/24/2018 1:47:28 AM
9/26/2018 1:45:27 PM
at System.Object.MemberwiseClone()
at Terraria.Cloud.Clone()
at Terraria.Cloud.UpdateClouds()

9/26/2018 1:58:25 PM
at System.String.SplitInternal(Char[] separator, Int32 count, StringSplitOptions options)

9/26/2018 5:34:00 PM

9/26/2018 5:38:54 PM
at Terraria.UI.Chat.ChatLine..ctor()

9/26/2018 6:00:14 PM
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Single scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)

9/26/2018 6:13:49 PM

9/26/2018 6:16:27 PM
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontExtensionMethods.DrawString(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, DynamicSpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Single scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)

9/26/2018 6:44:14 PM

9/29/2018 2:01:19 PM

Last edited:
I have an issue where I try to make a new world, with a specific base type and it crashes my game. I'll see if I can find the crash log.
(crashlog is located in ..../Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria/client-crashlog.txt)

Which kind of base you are building or which kind of settings you entered?

One known crash is, if you have too many NPC and build a base which stacks upwards beyond world size. Try "$ba4" or "$ba2" and check if it still crashes or just a large world might work too.

umm...little problem here:the name is not long enough to support all the signs,like,if i name it new world $Ba4Fdy i cannot write any more because that's the maximum name size

Back
Top Bottom