• the base I posted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • base 5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • base Happiness

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I can't use this mod in my server.
Always stuck at generate world terrain 0.4%.
version: last tmodloaderserver
Any suggestion?
sorry for my pool english
Ah, thanks for remember me, forgot about that. There is an error with the GUI function on linux. Will have a look again. But not sure if I can fix it soon.
If you want to use it now I could upload some quick fix which allows you do disable the GUI.

Edit: Tested it, It does work for me. It seems I already fixed the initial bug. So your reported might be some new one.
Which other mods do you use? Have you tried without any other mods?

Edit2:
Did some small update (0.2.2.1). Now you are able to not start the GUI mode. To do this use world name config pattern $NoG (nog, noG,... also works).
For example generate extended base 3 with random materials/furniture and no GUI mode:
worldName$B3bSy*NoG

Other update is for GUI users. I added some pause button for those who can't decide :)

@CoolB: you can try if the no GUI mode works for you.

Last edited:
In the GUI,
what are the usage of 0-9 buttons at the bottom?
I assume the bottom right handle is to confirm/update setting? Not 100% sure.

In the GUI,
what are the usage of 0-9 buttons at the bottom?
I assume the bottom right handle is to confirm/update setting? Not 100% sure.
If you select one number, (do some config changes) and press the bottom right icon it will store that configuration.
Next time you select that number it will load that stored configuration again.

Ah, thanks for remember me, forgot about that. There is an error with the GUI function on linux. Will have a look again. But not sure if I can fix it soon.
If you want to use it now I could upload some quick fix which allows you do disable the GUI.

Edit: Tested it, It does work for me. It seems I already fixed the initial bug. So your reported might be some new one.

Edit2:
Did some small update (0.2.2.1). Now you are able to not start the GUI mode. To do this use world name config pattern $NoG (nog, noG,... also works).
For example generate extended base 3 with random materials/furniture and no GUI mode:
worldName$B3bSy*NoG

Other update is for GUI users. I added some pause button for those who can't decide :)

Thx!
I have changed my OS to Windows.:p

Edit2:
worldName$B3bSy*NoG

It work!
Thxxxxx!
linux is always better than win

Feels like the no GUI options reduced some RAM demands during world gen...
I was unable to generate a new Large world with many mods, due to RAM usage staying at around 3.2gb ram.
After multiple tries I switched to NoG, then the RAM usage lowers to 2.9-3.1gb.
Gonna stay using Worldname$Cx0NoG then.

Last edited:
Feels like the no GUI options reduced some RAM demands during world gen...
I was unable to generate a new Large world with many mods, due to RAM usage staying at around 3.2gb ram.
After multiple tries I switched to NoG, then the RAM usage lowers to 2.9-3.1gb.
Gonna stay using Worldname$Cx0NoG then.
Hmm, mod should not use that much RAM but haven't tested yet.
You play at linux too? There you can use the -x64 flag. With this you can use much more RAM and so much more mods possible.

Mod needs new world?
Yes, else risk would be too high destroying something you build up.
At world gen it checks how many NPC flats all your mods needed and build that many flats. (sometimes even some more to maintain the inner structure)
If you selected base type 3 or 4 it also checks how many items exits in all mods and build that many rooms for enough chest places.

I use this mod, when im generating the world i bring up the Ui to select the blocks and stuff, but theres no way to close it? So im stuck looking at the menu until my world generates...

Can you add a feature so you can close the menu again? I like to watch World Gen, but it's hard to watch when you also need to make a base, and then you can't hide the menu, so you miss alot of the World Gen

Can you add a feature so you can close the menu again? I like to watch World Gen, but it's hard to watch when you also need to make a base, and then you can't hide the menu, so you miss alot of the World Gen
You can close the big and also the small window with right mouse button. If you want to view the whole world gen you can also hit the pause button (bottom left in big window), select your base of choice and continue worldgen again. If you want the same base type/style all the time you can also store it to one of those numbers at bottom. For this select this number (it will load this style if exist) change it as you like and hit the store button at bottom right. Next world gen you just need to hit that number and it will load the stored style.
If you want no GUI window at all you can also add $noG at the end of world name. You can also change base style with just changing the world name. For more details about this check out 'More advanced options' (written in spoiler) in main post.

I'm having trouble generating a base made out bone tiles. Here's a config where I generate a base made out of obsidian and everything works fine...
Code:
# Config file of Start with Base mod
# here you can setup custom values
# lines start with '#' get ignored

# basetype values ba2=0 ba3=1 b3b=2 ba4=3 ba6=4 currently supported
basetype = 3

# In following part you can change each type of placed objects.
# For tile ID's look e.g. at https://terraria.wiki.gg/Tile_IDs
# For items types look at their wiki pages. Those are placed in a starting chest.

# Tiles used to build base
TileID = 75
ItemIDoftileType = 192

# Wall
WallID = 20
ItemIDofWallType = 330

# Furniture
PlatformStyle = 13
LanternStyle = 32
ChairStyle = 16
WorkBenchStyle = 14
LampStyle = 23
TorchStyle = 7
FurnitureCraftingItemType = 192

But then I use IDs from the wiki to generate a base made out of bone objects and bone blocks as so...
Code:

basetype = 3

# For items types look at their wiki pages. Those are placed in a starting chest.

TileID = 194
ItemIDoftileType = 766

# Wall
WallID = 75
ItemIDofWallType = 768

# Furniture
PlatformStyle = 4
LanternStyle = 25
ChairStyle = 7
WorkBenchStyle = 4
LampStyle = 16
TorchStyle = 13
FurnitureCraftingItemType = 2192
It doesn't give me any bone objects, but plenty of crystal objects and I swear it randomizes the tiles and walls. I realized for objects, for the tile IDs on the wiki, you have to use one number lower than the secondary ID in order to get the correct tile. Yet applying this to bone objects didn't work.

I'm having trouble generating a base made out bone tiles. Here's a config where I generate a base made out of obsidian and everything works fine...

But then I use IDs from the wiki to generate a base made out of bone objects and bone blocks as so...

It doesn't give me any bone objects, but plenty of crystal objects and I swear it randomizes the tiles and walls. I realized for objects, for the tile IDs on the wiki, you have to use one number lower than the secondary ID in order to get the correct tile. Yet applying this to bone objects didn't work.

I did some tests for myself and it did not work. Thanks for bug reporting!.
The quite new GUI mode mixed up some former code of custom styles.
Also I did not update the first post to current state of the mod. The config files are a little different now. I changed the example to your bone theme config.
You can/need to insert each furniture item type now.
Here your changed example:
Code:

basetype = 3

# There the style numbers are written in braces, subtract 1 from those

TileID = 194
ItemIDoftileType = 766

# Wall
WallID = 75
ItemIDofWallType = 768

# Furniture
PlatformStyle = 4
LanternStyle = 25
ChairStyle = 7
WorkBenchStyle = 4
LampStyle = 16
TorchStyle = 13
ChairItemType = 808
WorkBenchItemType = 811
LanternItemType = 2148
LampItemType = 2134
PlatformItemType = 634

I uploaded some fix. It should work now!

I realized for objects, for the tile IDs on the wiki, you have to use one number lower than the secondary ID in order to get the correct tile.
The wiki numbers are higher by 1 compared to the internal numbers used by Terraria. (don't ask my why)

--------------------------------------------------
Update: 0.2.2.3
-custom style bug fix - credits to TheLoneGamer for finding it
-For those who don't use the GUI: You can now also change the style for the chair and desk/workbench with '$D...' Same values as for furniture '$F..'. But $F.. also changes the style of the lights and platforms.

Update: 0.2.2.4
-missed to fix something in 0.2.2.3
should work now!

Last edited:
Hi i really like this mod already used it in several worlds.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to add additional structures to the worldgen.
to be more specific
2 Fishing Buildings
Old One Arena
Simple Arena
Underground Arena
Hellevator

These are things i usually build in every world got my standart builds for all of them and would love to have them pregenerated without cheesing (no lava traps or any thing which gives reach to things u couldn't do at start, these i would manually add when i reached the point)

If it's possible with the version like it is i would be grateful for some information how i can set it up
If not but it's not much work for u i would be gratefull for the information and would give u the desings i use (and credit to the orginal creators)

Have a Nice Day
Zangetsu

Back
Top Bottom