Votes: 7 12.5%
  • the base I posted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • base 5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • base Happiness

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
Edit:. Yep, I just checked in-game. When creating the world, I saw the huge logo of the mod, and I clicked It. I barelly could pick wiselly what kind of base It would generate, because It had a counter until the generation step of the base reached.

My idea would be to when the player is still selecting a base, the game waits before generating the base, until the player closes the interface (Yep, a button to close It would be cool too).
I ask that, because It may seem like there's enough time to pick the styles, but for people like me, the fact that there's a "timer" running, causes a kind of panic, so I picked granite and a random style of base to spawn.
There's a pause button on the bottom, but yeah i also think the mod should automatically stop world gen during your selection.

The mod does not disable for me, i don't know why though. this doesn't happen to my other mods...
Edit: doesn't matter! I fixed it!

Last edited:
Would it would be possible to make this support custom tiles? I'm not entirely sure how it would work, like if you would have to put the mod's internal name and then code name for said items and tiles.

Would it would be possible to make this support custom tiles? I'm not entirely sure how it would work, like if you would have to put the mod's internal name and then code name for said items and tiles.
If you want to use vanilla items it does already work but its a little tricky.
First you will need to store a configuration. This can be done by selecting a number at the GUI and press the store button to the very right.
It will be stored near your world files inside the 'Start with base' folder.
There you can edit every item almost as you like. Check out wiki pages for their internal ID's.
Next time generating a world you can select this number to load this configuration and generate a base with those settings.

Thanks for the hint. Forgot to update some help text there. The base numbers are now a little different.
There are some more details at the very first post of this thread inside the Spoiler 'More advanced options' is another spoiler 'Even more advanced: custom style'

If you want to use vanilla items it does already work but its a little tricky.
First you will need to store a configuration. This can be done by selecting a number at the GUI and press the store button to the very right.
It will be stored near your world files inside the 'Start with base' folder.
There you can edit every item almost as you like. Check out wiki pages for their internal ID's.
Next time generating a world you can select this number to load this configuration and generate a base with those settings.

Thanks for the hint. Forgot to update some help text there. The base numbers are now a little different.
There are some more details at the very first post of this thread inside the Spoiler 'More advanced options' is another spoiler 'Even more advanced: custom style'
I didn't mean different vanilla tiles, I meant custom tiles from other mods. Like would that kind of support be possible in a future update? Because as of now, I don't think you can generate a base with custom tiles, only vanilla ones. For example, using Yew Wood furniture from the Thorium Mod.

Untitled.jpg
Is it because of the resolution? I'm running the game in 2560 x 1440.

Also, how do I make this base choosing interface stay longer than the time it takes to generate a world... It's too short to get a proper look at anything. Is there a way to access it outside of worldgen time? I didn't see any instructions for that anywhere...

Is it because of the resolution? I'm running the game in 2560 x 1440.

Also, how do I make this base choosing interface stay longer than the time it takes to generate a world... It's too short to get a proper look at anything. Is there a way to access it outside of worldgen time? I didn't see any instructions for that anywhere...
Does it happen all the time? Also got some similar error sometimes. But can't reproduce it on will.
If scaled correctly there should be some pause button at the bottom.

I didn't mean different vanilla tiles, I meant custom tiles from other mods. Like would that kind of support be possible in a future update? Because as of now, I don't think you can generate a base with custom tiles, only vanilla ones. For example, using Yew Wood furniture from the Thorium Mod.
This feature is not included. Will have a look at this on next update.

My base always seems to spawn off in the ocean/edge of the world. Is there a way to make it spawn centered?
1655968531545.png
Or is it incompatible with calamity (1.4) at the moment?

@TheLoneGamer mod items should work now. Also now only the related Item names are used (you can store a new config file to get the new format).
@KimMue hehe funny picture. The base is generated at the player Spawn point. If another mod sets the spawn inside the ocean the base will also be there.
@xputurnameherex thanks for helping out

Update 0.3.0.0

Now with a new base style which takes 1.4+ NPC Happiness into account
baseh.png
Due to avoiding crowding penalty they can get pretty big...
(You got a better idea? post it!)

1.4 also gave us some Pylons. Those can be (automatically) placed as well.
PylonMinimap.png
Or as alternative/extension just some simple bed outposts
Outposts.png

Those Pylon placements might not always be perfect. Sometimes especially on small worlds no good can be found.
You got a really bad one? Please post some pictures here.

Back
Top Bottom